ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
@gullie28

You have a list of teams for next weekends tourney for C/D and Rec 1?

Should be a fun tournament minus the fact it falls on Mothers Day ...

Here's to all you mothers out there:

lady-kick.gif

Last list I saw was a week ago but then it sat as below.

C/D:
MMB
Anarchy
DMVW
Eide Chrysler
Rhombus Guys
Livewire
Rumors Hashers

Rec 1:
Regulators
Johnny's Lounge
Lisbon Lazers

bstark28

Starting Player
@gullie28

You have a list of teams for next weekends tourney for C/D and Rec 1?

Should be a fun tournament minus the fact it falls on Mothers Day ...

Here's to all you mothers out there:

lady-kick.gif

I'm surprised you aren't trying to pimp the GF BWW Early Bird the first weekend in June. And, yes, QC will be back to defend our title, in what will be our first tourney of the year.

I do agree about this weekend, though....the only problem is that it's Fargo Marathon next weekend, then Memorial Day, so aside of bumping it up a week early and competing w/Corky's, the options are limited.

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm surprised you aren't trying to pimp the GF BWW Early Bird the first weekend in June. And, yes, QC will be back to defend our title, in what will be our first tourney of the year.

I do agree about this weekend, though....the only problem is that it's Fargo Marathon next weekend, then Memorial Day, so aside of bumping it up a week early and competing w/Corky's, the options are limited.

4 ND teams at Corkys last year, 2 this year...is it really competing with Corkys or Mother Nature?

sendit69

Now that the weekend has passed and the Mandan Early Bird and Corky's is over lets get to the first "big" Fargo Tournament picks.

C/D
MMB - Until someone gives them their first loss of the season they are #1
Anarchy - Good showing last year I am sure our friends from the north are still salty
Eide - If they bring their full squad they should be a tough out
DMVW - This is tournament number 3 for them in 3 weeks so they should be ready to go
Rhombus Guys - This is also tournament number 3 in 3 weeks for them.
Hashers - Probably their first swings of the year they will need to bust off some rust
Livewire - Somehow these guys are still D even after a second place finish at D state guess we will see if it was a fluke or not.
Brainerd IC - No clue who these guys are. I am sure they will be good tho.

bstark28

Starting Player
Now that the weekend has passed and the Mandan Early Bird and Corky's is over lets get to the first "big" Fargo Tournament picks.

C/D
MMB - Until someone gives them their first loss of the season they are #1
Anarchy - Good showing last year I am sure our friends from the north are still salty
Eide - If they bring their full squad they should be a tough out
DMVW - This is tournament number 3 for them in 3 weeks so they should be ready to go
Rhombus Guys - This is also tournament number 3 in 3 weeks for them.
Hashers - Probably their first swings of the year they will need to bust off some rust
Livewire - Somehow these guys are still D even after a second place finish at D state guess we will see if it was a fluke or not.
Brainerd IC - No clue who these guys are. I am sure they will be good tho.

They took 3rd at Minnesota C State last year, so safe to say that your assumption is correct.

sendit69

They took 3rd at Minnesota C State last year, so safe to say that your assumption is correct.

I figured as much, you don't travel to Fargo in early May for a tournament just to bring a crap team and get beat. Plenty of tournaments around Brainerd to play in. This must be a confidence booster tournament for them. haha

leib0039

Hey everyone, just was going to drop in some information about Polish Days softball tournament 2018. I see I need 3 posts to add the flyers/links, so that will follow shortly!

Ivanhoe MN Aug 10-11-12 2018 I am a little bit biased as I run the tourney but I think it is one of the most fun tourney's out there. The top 2 divisions are played on a 325-350-325 baseball field with unlimited HR's while the low mens and womens is played on a field that is anywhere from 225'-260' with a 18 foot fence. We have around 40 teams total and the atmosphere is great. Live DJ at the fields, $1 beers and some of the best hot hom and cheese you will find. The camp ground is at the field and is where a majority of the people stay. Great softball for all levels and an even better time. Hoping this is allowed and I will follow up with the flyer.

I play with Dewey's during the summer so just fine #6 walking around, we try to hit up every big tourney of the summer. Corkys was a blast, hoping for more of that weather!

Brad Deweys #6

DramaLlama

The Box Softball Tournament - May Early Bird PREDICTIONS

C/D
1. MMB - Until someone gives them its first "L" this year they are the Favourites.
2. Brainerd Industrial Center - No clue how many 3X Guys they are adding, but they will be good.
3. Anarchy Bat Company - Did well at this Tournament last year, so they should be salty.
4. Eide - Will be a tough out.
5. DMVW - Should be ready go, played a few tournaments already.
6. Rhombus Guys - No more rust to knock off.
7. Rumors/Hashers - If they can win the first game, they could finish 6th.
8. Livewire - D State was no fluke.

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
The Box Softball Tournament - May Early Bird PREDICTIONS

C/D
1. MMB - Until someone gives them its first "L" this year they are the Favourites.
2. Brainerd Industrial Center - No clue how many 3X Guys they are adding, but they will be good.
3. Anarchy Bat Company - Did well at this Tournament last year, so they should be salty.
4. Eide - Will be a tough out.
5. DMVW - Should be ready go, played a few tournaments already.
6. Rhombus Guys - No more rust to knock off.
7. Rumors/Hashers - If they can win the first game, they could finish 6th.
8. Livewire - D State was no fluke.

Are you the same person as SendIt69?

Bormann9

I'll jump into the party - Good luck to all teams - I think this one will come down to the tournament draw and who ends up where:

C/D
1. MMB - Could have their work cut out for them in this early tournament. I agree with everyone else though they are talented. It's a tough group of teams in this tournament.
2. Brainerd Industrial Center - To answer your question I believe just Jay Hartman for 3x guys who played with them last year... These guys are young and good but it's early.
3. Anarchy Bat Company - This group could also easily win this tournament - Not sure who Chad is bringing but if they get hot like Mcquades last year they beat everyone in this tourney there so - why couldn't they do it again.
4. Eide - I was in Mandan last weekend and played these guys - I was surprised - They are good - they hit very well. If they can play a little defense they should be a tough out.
5. DMVW - I don't know much about this group.
6. Rhombus Guys - I don't know much about this group.
7. Rumors/Hashers - I don't know much about this group.
8. Livewire - I don't know much about this group.

I'm happy to see this division get to 8 teams - what a great sign for softball here in ND and I think this will be a very competitive tournament. Good luck to all teams - League starts today - I finally feel like summer is here.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
Weekend Projections (very dependent on how the bracket shakes out)

MMB - Until they lose they are Tops
Anarchy - Huge roster of friendly Canadians that can play ball
BIC - Because everyone else says they are good
Eide - Just because I don't want to be a homer
DMVW - Homer pick and Bormann this is the only ND team to beat The Box last year, and you hit with half of us in the off season so I don't buy that you don't know much about this group stop big timing us lowly D teams hahahaha
Rhombus - If they have their complete team very solid D team
Livewire - Another solid D team that should be a C team based on their finish at D state last year but oh well.
Rumors - Just because they are from Grand Forks (but mad props for coming to a Fargo tournament not many teams from up north can handle the 50 min drive)

Last edited:

Bormann9

You are right - guilty - I should have spent more time on my post. I got lazy... my B - there were several ND teams that beat us last year - also I wasn’t there for the DMVW game so my memory is foggy... =)

rock2131

Extra Hitter
You are right - guilty - I should have spent more time on my post. I got lazy... my B - there were several ND teams that beat us last year - also I wasn’t there for the DMVW game so my memory is foggy... =)

That's big of you to admit you were lazy, I am sure you were just taking mental reps in preparation for the opening night of league. Also it sounds so much better if we can say only ND team to beat The Box last year no one needs to know the truth those are just minor details.

Bormann9

Aaawwww thanks man I thought it was awfully nice of me to admit my laziness as well..... how about this - You guys were the 1st team in ND to beat the box last year? Also, Talked with Torok last night sounds like your down BG and Earls this weekend so go out there and beat some teams and then after you win the tourney you can brag about beating up on these teams with 1/2 a squad.

bstark28

Starting Player
Just an FYI, if anyone is looking for rooms over McQuade's weekend, I just released our block of five at the Expressway Suites.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
Aaawwww thanks man I thought it was awfully nice of me to admit my laziness as well..... how about this - You guys were the 1st team in ND to beat the box last year? Also, Talked with Torok last night sounds like your down BG and Earls this weekend so go out there and beat some teams and then after you win the tourney you can brag about beating up on these teams with 1/2 a squad.

Down Nider too! haha

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Good weekend of ball for sure we had a blast as always. Thanks to Nick and the gang for putting it on great job as always. A huge thank you to Jody for playing with us as we were extremely light on infielders this weekend missing 4 of our regulars. But we realized we have a couple outfielders that maybe should be playing infield also. lol

BIC great team with some smooth hitters just singles and gaps for days those guys. And a great group to play against it was a pleasure just wish we could have hit a bit both times we played you guys.

MMB great game as always and always classy with us thanks for that boys! And thanks to LF (sorry I forgot your name and Im sure you usually play middle) for the free 4 base award lol although we left the fifth one on the rack anyway didn't matter but still appreciate that. haha

Eide great team and prob our best game of the weekend final was 25-23 but could have gone either way we went up a bunch and they just didn't go away at all kept coming and coming. Great job and classy group of fellas also. Oh and I loved seeing some of my anarchy bats on the bench! lol

Every other team we played classy and fun times. Livewire Blaine and Dave great to see you guys as always talk soon!

I think the top four in C ended like this but, Unsure if MMB beat Eide in the 3rd place game or what happened exactly and the rest I have no clue.

BIC
Anarchy
MMB
Eide

Thanks again

Chad

Traviscollins_1

Part Time Player
Good weekend of ball for sure we had a blast as always. Thanks to Nick and the gang for putting it on great job as always. A huge thank you to Jody for playing with us as we were extremely light on infielders this weekend missing 4 of our regulars. But we realized we have a couple outfielders that maybe should be playing infield also. lol

BIC great team with some smooth hitters just singles and gaps for days those guys. And a great group to play against it was a pleasure just wish we could have hit a bit both times we played you guys.

MMB great game as always and always classy with us thanks for that boys! And thanks to LF (sorry I forgot your name and Im sure you usually play middle) for the free 4 base award lol although we left the fifth one on the rack anyway didn't matter but still appreciate that. haha

Eide great team and prob our best game of the weekend final was 25-23 but could have gone either way we went up a bunch and they just didn't go away at all kept coming and coming. Great job and classy group of fellas also. Oh and I loved seeing some of my anarchy bats on the bench! lol

Every other team we played classy and fun times. Livewire Blaine and Dave great to see you guys as always talk soon!

I think the top four in C ended like this but, Unsure if MMB beat Eide in the 3rd place game or what happened exactly and the rest I have no clue.

BIC
Anarchy
MMB
Eide

Thanks again

Chad

Great post. I would agree on the game between you guys and us (Eide). Great game!

cheee

Diamond Dawg

BIC
Anarchy
MMB
Eide

Thanks again

Chad
It was a great weekend for ball and weather. We had a great weekend. Knocked off some rust drank a few brewskies. Hats off to all the teams that made it specially the ones who traveled. Anarchy boys,Eide, Rhombus, Rumors,BIC , all were excellent teams we played.

Been hearing alot of whispers in the crowds regarding last weekend.....

"MMB sets up the "draw" to ensure a 3-0 finish in pool play, but drops the ball when the bracket is set." My guess is they were short guys, its the only logical reason for them not coming out on top.

Sounded like BIC ran the show, as the top 3 team at MN state last year showed the nodak boys how to play.

Also heard Eide had a decent showing, glad to hear the gym rats are starting to see the pay off.

DMVW.....sounds like they are who we thought they were.

Grand Forks (Rumors) from what I heard are still irrelevant.

From what I heard, livewire just couldn't get it going. Tough for a team to jump up to that level of play.

Rhombus guys, from the sounds of it were basically a bunch of Brainerd guys? I don't know how that works with BIC being from brainerd. How much talent can a small town produce? Apparently not enough since Rhombus fell short as well.

Last piece of knowledge I acquired from the past weekend belongs to Anarchy. Sounds like they had a slow start (per the norm of the great north) but have picked up right where they left off. Those off season moves apparently paying off. I personally thought the 25 man roster was the way to go.

What else is coming up? I suppose for QC the first tourney of the year "Sam Mac"? Luckily for some of your guys, who I hear have been loaning their services to help teams in need. At least those guys can gets reps in before July shows up.
Sounds like some teams are also traveling for sioux falls, whirlybird, and sixes wild.

sendit69

Watched a couple games this past Saturday in Fargo and my here are my takeaways:

BIC: Very solid team, talent was head and shoulders above the rest of the field

Anarchy: Just as solid as I remember from last year I look forward to seeing them at McQuades also they may have converted Jody from Monsta bats to Anarchy I bet Gulmon is none to happy with that.

MMB: Their convenient bracket draw worked well for them until they had to play good teams on Sunday oh well maybe they will figure it out and get that elusive first state win.

Eide: Underwhelmed watching them on Saturday but I heard they stepped up their game Sunday must have had to shake the rust off

Rhombus: Looks to be building off of their strong D finish last year and might be the early favorites in Class D if their MN players keep showing up.

Livewire: Didn't actually get to see them play and I am OK with that.

Hashers: Kuddos for coming to Fargo and representing Grand Forks Softball.

DMVW: Probably the most overrated team coming into the season. From what I saw on Saturday they would have been lucky to compete in the rec 1/2 division, and I heard Sunday didn't get any better.

bstark28

Starting Player
What else is coming up? I suppose for QC the first tourney of the year "Sam Mac"? Luckily for some of your guys, who I hear have been loaning their services to help teams in need. At least those guys can gets reps in before July shows up.
Sounds like some teams are also traveling for sioux falls, whirlybird, and sixes wild.

A whopping two guys, to be exact....one of whom wasn't a shocker, as he's played tournaments with Dewey's for years. We'll have a busy June, with three tourneys in four weeks, to make up for lost time.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Watched a couple games this past Saturday in Fargo and my here are my takeaways:

BIC was a good team I wouldn't go as far as saying heads and shoulders above the rest. They beat us handily but we also didn't hit at all against them I would love the chance to play them again. Maybe with some luck they are at the Firemans tourney in Bloomington in July?

Anarchy: Just as solid as I remember from last year I look forward to seeing them at McQuades also they may have converted Jody from Monsta bats to Anarchy I bet Gulmon is none to happy with that.

Jody can answer this if he is on here but I'm guessing you will start seeing more and more of our bats around the fields in ND as they are just more durable than anything out and def as hot.

MMB: Their convenient bracket draw worked well for them until they had to play good teams on Sunday oh well maybe they will figure it out and get that elusive first state win.

No comment on the draw as I cant see Nick doing this? Classy as always enjoy playing them every time we get the chance.

Eide: Underwhelmed watching them on Saturday but I heard they stepped up their game Sunday must have had to shake the rust off

I heard they had some issues with the balls they were using Saturday and changed them for Sunday.

Rhombus: Looks to be building off of their strong D finish last year and might be the early favorites in Class D if their MN players keep showing up.

Never got to play them.

Dave and Blaine good to see them as always.

Good on them to come down and play this tourney. And hell its the first time we haven't gotten into an argument during the game. Kudos to well you know who I mean. lol

DMVW: Probably the most overrated team coming into the season. From what I saw on Saturday they would have been lucky to compete in the rec 1/2 division, and I heard Sunday didn't get any better.

Never got to play them

See you all in Grand Forks in a couple weeks. And then of course Mcquades as always.

Chad Anarchy #11

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans

BIC- solid team that did not make mistakes
Anarchy- Wasnt sure what to expect but appears they will continue from last year
MMB- Still one of the favs in C
Eide- Quality C team, stepped it up on Sun?
Rhombus -Can play with just about anyone and one of the favs for D
Livewire- IDK if they are any better than last year
Hashers- Below avg D team
DMVW- Not a good showing, but should pick it up

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
Been hearing alot of whispers in the crowds regarding last weekend.....

"MMB sets up the "draw" to ensure a 3-0 finish in pool play, but drops the ball when the bracket is set." My guess is they were short guys, its the only logical reason for them not coming out on top.

Sounded like BIC ran the show, as the top 3 team at MN state last year showed the nodak boys how to play.

Also heard Eide had a decent showing, glad to hear the gym rats are starting to see the pay off.

DMVW.....sounds like they are who we thought they were.

Grand Forks (Rumors) from what I heard are still irrelevant.

From what I heard, livewire just couldn't get it going. Tough for a team to jump up to that level of play.

Rhombus guys, from the sounds of it were basically a bunch of Brainerd guys? I don't know how that works with BIC being from brainerd. How much talent can a small town produce? Apparently not enough since Rhombus fell short as well.

Last piece of knowledge I acquired from the past weekend belongs to Anarchy. Sounds like they had a slow start (per the norm of the great north) but have picked up right where they left off. Those off season moves apparently paying off. I personally thought the 25 man roster was the way to go.

I hate these kinds of comments about Gulmon "setting up the draw". It's not like Gulmon gets to sit in a room by himself and decide which teams are where. There are other people with him and normally he has nothing to do with the draw itself, they let someone else pick the teams out of a hat.

With that said I hate making excuses but we (MMB) were missing two of our starting outfielders on Sunday and had two of our starting infielders playing outfield for us. Then the hispter hammer (Luke) pulled his hamstring and Seth pulled his groin in the Rumor Hashers game, just a bad situation all around. Regardless of that we made a ton of errors and you can't do that against a good team like Anarchy and expect to win (plus i know they were missing some guys too).

No matter what it was a great tourney and BIC was clearly the best team out there this weekend, but again it's an early bird which is more about getting out there and getting meaningful swings. It would've been nice to get a tourney win though. lol.