Need help from you Vinci boys

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner
I have a Wilson A2K 12.75" I'm going to use for outfield. However, I'm considering something that will play slightly longer and I'm up for trying a Vinci. I wear M batting gloves. $200 max. Open to h web, trap & mod trap. Like open back, but up for closed back as well since this will be outfield only. Point me the right direction as I've never owned one.

Where can I try one on? Is there a store that carries Vinci? I'm in CO.

casedawg51

Vinci Rep/Fastpitch
A BMB-OB will have the H-web, play 13 inches and have the open back you like. The open back can be tightened down more than the closed back since your hands are not so big.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I prefer traps for OF either the PJV 13" Japanese style trap

trapsz-1_zpsdd7ddc81.jpg
IMAG1066_zps0e8cc7bd.jpg
IMAG0855_zpsd26e09b1.jpg

or the PJV04 American style

IMAG1008_zps32699781-1_zpsb9a86221.jpg

Last edited:

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
Is the glove you have a 1799? If so the BMB-OB will be no bigger. I owned both at the same time and the 1799 was actually larger.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a Wilson A2K 12.75" I'm going to use for outfield. However, I'm considering something that will play slightly longer and I'm up for trying a Vinci. I wear M batting gloves. $200 max. Open to h web, trap & mod trap. Like open back, but up for closed back as well since this will be outfield only. Point me the right direction as I've never owned one.

RV60 if you want an H-web (13") or try a 13.25" trap as Smarkley recommended.

The PJV0416 I owned briefly was very nice....not as wide/deep as the RV60 but "seemed" taller. Both gloves are closed back though.

IMO the TJ1952 would swallow your A2K and may be too large of a jump, especially for smaller hands. Someone already said the BMB will play the same as your A2K.

zitro23

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey man I'm right down the road in greeley but go to school up in Fort Collins. I just picked up a rv1961 if you wanted to take a look at it and get a feel for a Vinci.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I would look at the PJV16. It will cost you a little more but IMO it's worth it. If you really are set on the $200 price then the PJV (closed back) or PJV04 (open back) would be great trapeze gloves that play 13". The RV60 would be a good choice if you prefer the H web.

I have this glove I can send you if you want to see it. I am not playing here, so I wont miss it that much.

http://www.vincipro.com/cart/baseba...ding-cp-kip-leather-baseball-glove-h-web.html

I will ship from work so it wont cost me, but you would have to pay return shipping.

This right here is VGTG!!!

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
I play 2nd and use a BMB-M and I just got a AB 74-VM. I have been taking BP with some buddies and I use the AB 74 in the OF when I shagging balls and I love the way the Net T catches the fly balls. IMO the traps are a better web than the H-Web for catching fly balls. Hope when I start infield practice the glove handles grounders as well.

boomboom32

Catch the ****ing ball!!!

talk to steve. he can hook you up