New Eastons SSR4 and SRV6BH?????

Bugnutz

Star Player
Was just on a site, not sure if I am allowed to mention it or not, and they have a bunch of new eastons on there! SSR4 and SRV6BH were the two that popped right out at me. What is the deal with these sticks? Are they the new ones for this year? Anyone swing any? Curious on reviews.

Possin08

The SSR4 is the new bat this year replacing last years SSR2. The SRV6BH is replacing last years SRV3. To my knowledge Easton does not have them for sale yet, but will be out soon I hope. Anyone know otherwise? I am interested in how they perform as well compared to last years bats.

SRV6BH ASA
homerun-easton-slowpitch-bat-a113148-srv6bh-synergy-speed.jpg

Last edited:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
i want one of the ssr4's....damn nice looking...will prob. a decent performer as well

i wonder if sbf will do a pre-order....

there are sites doing that but at full retail....boo them :mad:

Bugnutz

Star Player
Anyone think the different paint will make the ssr2, um I mean, ssr4 perform better? Haha

Just like the demarini one, mlc, .12 and flyswatter....same bat different paint and stickers! Lol

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone think the different paint will make the ssr2, um I mean, ssr4 perform better? Haha

Just like the demarini one, mlc, .12 and flyswatter....same bat different paint and stickers! Lol

Doesn't the MLC have an aluminum handle, One and MLC have longer barrels, flyswatter has a thinner handle, etc? :p

but nice paint!

Bugnutz

Star Player
They going with a salvo type end cap on these so they don't crack like ssr2?

That alone would make me go for the new one over the ssr2. Know another guy and myself with cracked ssr2 endcaps AND from what I'm hearing Easton won't fix it? Still have to call to confirm but that is what I heard.

hoimin

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else notice the new grip on these bats?

It's the same grip as the Pro-tack (gray), but stamp-printed with the diamond/argyle pattern, presumably for more texture/grippiness, and in my opinion, unsightliness. Similar to what they're doing with the Worth grips and DeMarini Vendetta grips.

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
That alone would make me go for the new one over the ssr2. Know another guy and myself with cracked ssr2 endcaps AND from what I'm hearing Easton won't fix it? Still have to call to confirm but that is what I heard.

Agree I had to count one of my endcap cracks as a return. I'm in if that issue is fixed.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Agree I had to count one of my endcap cracks as a return. I'm in if that issue is fixed.

I haven't heard of this issue being completely fixed as of yet. I know it's not any better for Salvo's than SSR2's though. One good hit off the EC and you can bet it's prolly cracked. All of mine have been hairline cracks that go right across the EC and it has not made any difference in performance. I've seen some where the middle of the EC blows out and there is just a hole there, but I've only seen it a couple times and it has not happened to any of mine knock on wood:D

ss_stud

Addicted to Softballfans
my srv3 endcap cracked...then a couple days later the bat snapped near the handle...doubt it had any correlation but yea ive seen alot of cracked easton endcaps and ppl dont even realize theyre there....right through the middle of the endcap.....all u easton owners check ur caps i bet alot of you have this crack and dont even realize it

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
mlc, fse, one.12 completely different bats ....

Cobb

Addicted to Softballfans
With these 2 bats seemingly replacing the srv3 and ssr2, will easton also have a replacement for the srv4 coming out sometime soon?

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Salvo and SRV4 staying the same - both current models. As stated before the other two were replaced with the newer models. We have all in stock now if you guys want prices hit me up thanks.

Prophet24

Addicted to Softballfans
Just a little FYI. I have been waiting on a return for my scn9 for about a month so i called Easton today and they are sending me a SSR4 next week because all the SSR2's are gone. Sounds good to me. Thanks Easton