NFL Week 13: Aren't you a little young for full contact?

3XC

Big Truss
Also, he had a signature move, how many guys have a signature move named after them? That's dope. Plus he was a team guy, a guy who retired a Bear, not knocking Ed Reed, but that's how to go out. Proper. He was always the 3rd of 4th guy mentioned on the Bears D too, never first. Always Urlacher, possibly Briggs for people who actually watch the games, never Tillman. Content to be quietly underappreciated, the guy was VERY underrated in coverage. He was damn near retired when he became a football known commodity, all for forcing fumbles, but he was actually a complete player.

He'll forever be a step down from Reed/Polamalu in fans minds, fair or not. Reed is possibly the GOAT, so that's fair, but Polamalu was supremely overrated, great player for half his career, a liability for the rest. Tillman was never a liability and never lived off name recognition and image. Troy Polamalu was known for his hair, Peanut was known for his play.

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah, still agreeing with all that...you wont find the peanut punch in his stats so i guess thats where you were going with it

definitely a vastly underrated player during his career

3XC

Big Truss
i agree with all of that, i was just curious about what you thought made him great that couldnt be seen in stats?

dude was a ball hawk, he forced a **** load of fumbles and came up with a bunch of INT's as well...to me thats what made him great, he was always in position to make a play...that and his durability for the majority of his career

i just thought that could be summed up by his stats as a whole and was interested on your take on it
Much like Warrick Dunn, I would say "greater than the sum total of his numbers" applies here. Rarely is that the case for a guy who DID put up numbers. Its like, is Jamal Lewis greater than the sum of his numbers? Hell ****ing no. His numbers are better than he was. Tillman is one of those team first, "good dudes" that was criminally underappreciated, and he won't get to Canton, which is ****ing ridiculous.

Peanut's eligibility year is 2021. It sucks for him that Polamalu is eligible and will go in 2020. Why? Voters compare players to each other, and Troy's name recognition, 2 rings, and the Steelers jersey count for more than Peanut's numbers. Sad but true. So its the whole "How many safeties do you shemales need?" thing.

Also, look at 2021: Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Jared Allen, Logan Mankins, Marshawn Lynch and Calvin Johnson are part of the 2021 ballot. Not all THOSE guys can go. Tillman will have to wait, and wait, and wait, and end up not remembered. No way you can put him in ahead of Woodson, I mean, you just can't. Woodson is arguably the greatest DB ever, based on his play at two positions. IMO Jared Allen, Lynch, and Megatron are ALL overrated in terms of production, I mean ask 10 random goobers in an NFL stadium to rank Curtis Martin, Marshawn Lynch, Tomlinson, and Faulk and most of them will put Lynch at #1 and he should be at #4. That is the definition of overrated.

Anyway, just saying. Numbers are great, but he's still underrated.

Morris

The Rookie
How bout Cleveland is planning a perfect season parade, and already selling 0-16 shirts and hoodies lmao.

3XC

Big Truss
Good thing goobers don't vote on hof
Shocker... sportswriters are the biggest goobers of all. They're such unapologetic jock sniffers that they do it professionally. We're just amateur, part-time jock sniffers, they do it as a career. They applaud each other's "passion" to hang out where groups of men are showering and getting dressed.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I am watching Naked Lunch at the moment by coincidence. He just kilt his wife playing William Tell.

justinstp

PayPal Ready
Warrick Dunn should he the recipient of some sort of lifetime achievement award or something.

Last edited:

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
My uncle always gave me Ambien. I never understood why, or the past 8 hours for that matter.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
who's the stud lb from buffalo everyone talking about? dont even know the guy....all i heard was kwon as the next big thing......

the bills guy they talking like hes maybe the best of all

3XC

Big Truss
Get rid of Thursday games. They're horrible, nobody likes them. This will improve the quality of Monday games too, since they won't have to choose from the leftovers.