Nicknames

MNsoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok so I am sure everyone has had this guy on their team at one time or another. He always shows up right at game time, never calls or lets you know if he will be there or not and you basically wait until game time to see if he is going to show.

Well this is our leadoff hitter and SS so I dubbed him "GTD"- Game Time Decision

Just curious what other nicknames have been bestowed on fellow players because of their antics in the game and the reasons why.

Hounds12

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a guy who plays middle, but was forced to pitch one tournament. He told our team how he was going to pitch to specific batters on the opposing team to get them out and then followed through and did it. Since he 'dissected' the other team we now call him The Scientist, aka The 'tist, aka Bill Nye.

MNsoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Haha I love it! That's funny and a prime example of a great nickname

Clever nicknames are so much better then just changing someone last name.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
We have
"you got to be F.ing kiddin' me"
"are you serious?"
and "another pop up!"

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
We have a guy on our team who is a booze hound, wears # 40 and his name is Carl... We call him 40 ounce or 40 ounces of Carl. No BIGPAPA we dont wear nicknames on our jerseys.

Chapmandoo

Getting old guy
One of the teams in my league only has nicknames on the back ... and you dont get to pick yours and somethimes they are not nice.

One dude was 17 when he started playing, his nickname - Jailbait
They run a mixed team and the girls are - Lady Lumps, Milk Jugs ... list goes on

It does not bother me, they are a great group of people, good teams to play against.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok so I am sure everyone has had this guy on their team at one time or another. He always shows up right at game time, never calls or lets you know if he will be there or not and you basically wait until game time to see if he is going to show.

Well this is our leadoff hitter and SS so I dubbed him "GTD"- Game Time Decision

Just curious what other nicknames have been bestowed on fellow players because of their antics in the game and the reasons why.

a little crazy because on one of my teams, the leadoff hitter and SS is our "GTD" guy.

All the women on my coed team get the same nickname, "Hoe," all the guys are called "Sluts."

Me? Well I'm called El Capitán. Yo no soy marinero!

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
One of the guys I play with gets called by a new nickname every 3 or 4 innings. Usually depends on how he's doing that night.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
have a guy on our team who does nothing but hit homeruns in batting practice, mostly popups in the game. We call him BPK, for Batting Practice King.

board bro Trip usually has some form of kunta kinte, congo, vine swinger, etc... name for me, it is different every game.

trip

stfu
have a guy on our team who does nothing but hit homeruns in batting practice, mostly popups in the game. We call him BPK, for Batting Practice King.

board bro Trip usually has some form of kunta kinte, congo, vine swinger, etc... name for me, it is different every game.

last week it was congoleeza

-Six-

Weiner
usually team calls me by my number.. Some little asian dude keeps calling me matrix though. no idea wtf thats all about lol.

got a few nicknames for people...usually just depends on how they play... one kid pops out everytime it is a big situation, we call him "popolote"

MNsoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
On this same team, we also have a backup pitcher that we call Meatball Marinara cuz all he does is give up Bombs!!

OTech

Ambisinister Pitcher
First home run I ever hit was a tournament ending out. My nickname has been walkoff ever since.

JR.

Addicted to Softballfans
a team around here wears nicknames on their jerseys...... one of them has gator on the back i cant help my self but thinking of the other guys

JDM215

Addicted to Softballfans
we call this one one guy on our team Bird**** due to an unexpected present in the outfield:rolleyes:

hydro1

Addicted to Softballfans
I get called "Mouth" for telling it like it is i really should just bite my lip but people make it to easy to rip on em