Notable differences

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
ProM or Classic are not close to the Stote Microcell, especially in the heat. The 1 thing I noticed is the pitchers are quite good at nibbling the front edge of the mat, then short pitching you. If you dont already stand up front in the box you will want to or those front edge strikes never really get into your hitting zone. Almost need to have your back foot inline with the front edge of the mat. It seems most of the pitchers I faced are better at hitting the front edges and struggle a bit more with hitting the back of the mat.

What Buggs said except the umpires are always looking to call you out for stepping out of the front of the batters box.
This has caused me to move back in the box and look to hit lower pitches.
I was warned 4 times at the Western Nationals I think my size 17 kept me from being called out. Plus I catch and am always respectful to the ump.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
1) Force play at home was challenging at first
2) As a whole, everyone is less douchy. Which is nice
3) Out my way in tourneys its 2 hrs then dbos, so learning to keep it inside the 300ft. fence with a 44/375 and senior bat is good practice.

BruceinGa

always online
Steve, we don't have that problem in the Southeast. Vegas has been the only place where I've seen batters called out for stepping too far towards the pitcher.