Official CFB Thread

Country469

to the 99.93% of their fan base record is all they care about. You have no clue here ntz. Ever been to Ohio? This is their identity, its all they have, otherwise they're just WV now.

ntz

tricknollegy
fist victim blaming now persecution complex, we're a "this never happened", and "she's a slut" away from freudian bingo

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
He would 100% be fired for lying about the # of practices because the NCAA has limits and such of when and how often you are allowed to have practice.
Like in 2009 when Rich Rodriguez was found to be lying about the number of practices and the NCAA found him guilty of four major infractions including lying about practices and he finished the whole 2010 season after the investigation concluded? He was fired because he lost to his rivals too much not because he was holding too many practices or holding them too long.

All I'm saying is the guy is owed due process. Serious question, why come out NOW? If they find he knew and didn't do anything, there would have been a lot of pressure to remove him anyway. I'm not victim blaming, I just don't like the way this one seems to be coming out. It's almost like she's trying to take the program down for firing her husband, despite the restraining order. If he's guilty, he should go. I said that when Joe Paterno went down. It is Ohio State. Urban Meyer recruits like no one else and wins a lot, but Tressel won a lot. Hell, James Franklin has managed to win at Penn State after the sanctions and the huge mess there. They have resources, they can get another coach.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Saban wasn't ever worried about OSU anyway
For the record, Saban is 0-1 in CF Playoff games against him and is 2-2 against him including SEC Championships. He may not have been worried but Meyer is one of the few coaches to even be .500 against Alabama since Saban has been there

ntz

tricknollegy
what about....

and no he's is not owed due process. this isn't a criminal investigation, yet.

Country469

Like in 2009 when Rich Rodriguez was found to be lying about the number of practices and the NCAA found him guilty of four major infractions including lying about practices and he finished the whole 2010 season after the investigation concluded? He was fired because he lost to his rivals too much not because he was holding too many practices or holding them too long.

All I'm saying is the guy is owed due process. Serious question, why come out NOW? If they find he knew and didn't do anything, there would have been a lot of pressure to remove him anyway. I'm not victim blaming, I just don't like the way this one seems to be coming out. It's almost like she's trying to take the program down for firing her husband, despite the restraining order. If he's guilty, he should go. I said that when Joe Paterno went down. It is Ohio State. Urban Meyer recruits like no one else and wins a lot, but Tressel won a lot. Hell, James Franklin has managed to win at Penn State after the sanctions and the huge mess there. They have resources, they can get another coach.

here is the thing tho, her motives have nothing to do with him doing the right thing. None.

ntz

tricknollegy
you're seriously questioning the motives of a domestic abuse victim. ****ing this is how low we've gotten

Morris

The Rookie
Title 9 clause was put in his contract in 2017. This happened in 2015. It was already reported and police said no wrongdoing. So? If smith did it then **** that guy. But I don't think urban should be fired.

Stretch19

Grow up
its coming out now cause the dude got arrested/fired like 2 weeks ago...when should all the details behind the reason he was arrested come out?

thats usually how things work sully, youre a ****ing moron btw

ntz

tricknollegy
so you're only bound to do the right thing, report knowledge of domestic abuse, if it's in your contract. if he knew he has to go. if he didn't know he has to go. this is institutional instability at the highest level.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
urban meyer is one of the most OCD and controlling coaches in any sport, at any level in this country...to think he didnt know what was going on is ****ing laughable at best

not to mention, when youre the highest paid state employee, you have an obligation to know wtf your subordinates are doing; this whole 'he didnt know' nonsense is a joke and makes anyone who mutters it sound like a complete moron

so lets just pretend for a minute that he didnt know what took place in 2015, that means that dude got fired because he violated the protective agreement, right? no other previous knowledge of the alleged abuse, etc that had occurred, just a guy that had worked with you for almost 10 years gets put on a protective order and manages to violate it without you having any clue that it was in place to begin with? gtfo

Meyer said he knew about the 2009 incident, so he fired him because he knew of a previous incident and fired him when he said he found about the 2015 incident. The question is whether he already knew about the 2015 incident before the recent firing.
The girl filed against him for violating the protective order dropping his kids off after visitation in the driveway of her house.

Plausible deniability is one of the ways coaches avoid big messes even when people find bad stuff happened. He lost his when the girl showed text messages to the wife years ago. He was an idiot and lied about knowing about it right before she came out with proof. Do you think anything happens on Saban's staff without him knowing or Meyers or any other top 10 coach? Hell no. They get there because they are very detail oriented and most of the successful college coaches are also the most controlling. This is what I said about Paterno, this is what I say about Meyer and most other top tier coaches.

ntz

tricknollegy
like i said before if this is your alma mater you need to stand the **** up and say, nah, this isn't okay. you graduated from this place, gave them money for years, you're personally associated with their reputation, and this is what you want. i would be ashamed if i graduated from OSU and they kept him. universities should be above reproach, you should want your school that you went to, to be above reproach.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
If he didn't know you can say he should, but he absolutely wouldn't get fired. Art Briles got fired because eventually enough people came out that people stopped believing him.

Stretch19

Grow up
so you just made my ****ing point...urban meyer knows everything that takes place at OSU, regarding his staff for sure, but you are still questioning whether or not dude knew?

the guy was on his staff for 11 years, his best recruiter and the grandson of his ****ing mentor

you think dude can have DV incidents, be arrested, etc, etc, etc without UM knowing?

gtfo

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
its coming out now cause the dude got arrested/fired like 2 weeks ago...when should all the details behind the reason he was arrested come out?

thats usually how things work sully, youre a ****ing moron btw
Cool story super smart internet tough guy. The question was more why did the story come out now when it happened in 2015? The report came out about the 2009 and 2015 incidents. They fired the assistant. Then her story comes out. Why didn't this come out in 2015 when he did it and Ohio State still employed him?

Stretch19

Grow up
not to mention hes said countless times his wife is basically an assistant head coach and they talk about every aspect of the program with one another...you think she just happened to not tell him about this ****? come on man, you sound like a clown right now

Stretch19

Grow up
Cool story super smart internet tough guy. The question was more why did the story come out now when it happened in 2015? The report came out about the 2009 and 2015 incidents. They fired the assistant. Then her story comes out. Why didn't this come out in 2015 when he did it and Ohio State still employed him?

it came out now b/c he just got arrested for violating the protective order, right?

ntz

tricknollegy
why are you questioning a DV victim. is this the kind of rhetoric you want to traffic in to support a ****ing football team

Country469

I get it man, you love OSU and Meyer brings wins. It sucks for you and the program. But diverting from the issue at hand aint neccessary

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like a good year for NC State. Maybe will get lucky and beat Clemson finally. Should have beat them last couple years but just gave it away.
If anyone knows some really really good kickers in high school push them to Raleigh please.

ntz

tricknollegy
real talk. questioning the motives of a DV survivor is some low down, dirty ass ****.