Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
To be fair though, if you're playing infield in softball it's a perfectly valid infielder's glove.

Agreed. I use the same style of glove for 1st/3rd/OF

I prefer much smaller gloves for slowpitch infield. 1781, pro1000, etc. 12.75 is way too big for me to play shortstop with.

and that Primo lace with the red binding

:cool2:

Not sure if its just me but the primo stuff doesnt do it for me, atleast the looks of it. I have very limited experience handling it but have looked at it a ton and cant bring my self to like the look of it.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
On the Nike site:

"The handcrafted Nike Sha/Do Pro 12.50" Post Men's Fielding Glove is made with premium steer hide leather and a soft palm liner for durability and comfort on the diamond. A post-style OX web creates a deep pocket ideal for outfielders and pitchers."

Since when does a soft liner mean it will be durable?
What the heck is an OX web?

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
On the Nike site:

"The handcrafted Nike Sha/Do Pro 12.50" Post Men's Fielding Glove is made with premium steer hide leather and a soft palm liner for durability and comfort on the diamond. A post-style OX web creates a deep pocket ideal for outfielders and pitchers."

Since when does a soft liner mean it will be durable?
What the heck is an OX web?

Hah.

I have not felt a SHado J yet, but I suggest people wait for those.
I got mine at Xmas for $140 delivered (including Tax) and it was so not worth it). Looks cool, thats it.

My Spalding Pro Select was nicer and that cost $40 on the bay
F

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Oh man that is awesome. I can't hardly stand how bad I want that glove haha.

On a side note, how hard are those Ichiro traps to relace Fred?

Jomatty

Starting Player
I just did my first ichiro trap and it took me a few tries to get right. Not hard but there are a few things that are easy to do backwards or unevenly...Someone with a better attention span would have an easy time with it. Uses a lot of lace though.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Oh man that is awesome. I can't hardly stand how bad I want that glove haha.

On a side note, how hard are those Ichiro traps to relace Fred?

Not hard, just tedious. I cut a template for the with the web should be. It helps keep both sides the same distance all the way up and down the trap.

And yes, I used 6 pieces of 60" lace for the MZP84.
F

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I don't know if I have the patience for that haha. I almost couldn't stand to relace my first base mitt and it wasn't hard, just tedious.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
So who (cough Rous cough) can tell me about Nokona's WB-1200H? It's advertised as a softball glove. Walnut Crunch. Is the tape true on the 12"?

WS_1200H__50755.1410984962.1280.1280.png

ws_1200H_Palm__80321.1410984830.1280.1280.png

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I had a walnut Nokona once and while out of the box it was extremely stiff, as soon as I started breaking it in it became so floppy that I ended up returning it and getting a different glove from another manufacturer. I haven't owned another Nokona since. I don't know if their other leathers are the same but after my experience with their walnut leather I wasn't willing to give them a second chance.

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
I really liked my Nokona pro line. It did get floppy after a year, but it outlasted pretty much every glove I had at the time. The walnut leather is heavily oil injected so that may be the reason.

Jomatty

Starting Player
http://s1371
http://[URL=http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/Jomatty/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image2_zps5e0b342a.jpg.html] [/URL]

I've always wanted an rv23 and in the last few weeks I endedup with three. Really like em and just can't seem to say no. This one needs a little reshaping to fit my tastes but actually feels good. I like the flare (now that I've taken a little out of it). I know some guys don't like this pattern but I really think it is a good one for softball infield if you like a smaller (relatively so) glove for softball infield. All of mine close thumb to pinky and are plenty wide and deep to not feel like your giving anything up. If you have an rv for sale...don't call or pm I'm out of the market...

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I know some guys don't like this pattern but I really think it is a good one for softball infield if you like a smaller (relatively so) glove for softball infield. All of mine close thumb to pinky and are plenty wide and deep to not feel like your giving anything up.

I agree, I gamed one for a season when I played softball and thought it was the perfect size and pattern for the middle infield. I'd probably want something a little bigger over on the hot corner but it didn't feel any different from gaming a 11.25" glove in baseball at short or second.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The Nokona 12" baseball pattern WB-1200H is very similar in proportions to a Rawlings PRO1000. Now, that being said, every PRO1000 I have measured was 11.5" and so was my AMG1200MTSX. But it is a bowl-shaped glove with a large pocket, like the PRO1000. Yes, the walnut crunch leather is too oiled for my taste. The sandstone is the best leather they offer, but when they tried to market a pure sandstone version, it was too boring to sell.

On the subject of Nokona. I had a PRO-RV23 for a while and every single measurement was within 1/8" of my AMG175/BM-76s. The Rawlings would better accommodate TIP, but other than that, they are identical patterns. I am guessing Louisville Slugger "borrowed" the pattern from Nokona and then Robin Ventura took it with him when he went to Rawlings.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw that Nokona has that WB-1200H under their slowpitch line. The traditional back caught my eye. Curious to know if they decided to add a wider (5-5.25") web to make it slowpitch specific or if adding 1/4" to to their baseball WB-1175H was sufficient. There is also a WB-1200C (basket web) under their baseball line so I imagine they must have done something different for them to feature this under slowpitch.