Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
http://s1371
http://[URL=http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/Jomatty/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image2_zps5e0b342a.jpg.html] [/URL]

I've always wanted an rv23 and in the last few weeks I endedup with three. Really like em and just can't seem to say no. This one needs a little reshaping to fit my tastes but actually feels good. I like the flare (now that I've taken a little out of it). I know some guys don't like this pattern but I really think it is a good one for softball infield if you like a smaller (relatively so) glove for softball infield. All of mine close thumb to pinky and are plenty wide and deep to not feel like your giving anything up. If you have an rv for sale...don't call or pm I'm out of the market...

I went pro1000hc instead of RV23 when Don Mortons had them. Partially because I liked the H web better than the hinged web and partially because of peoples assessment that it accommodated TIP better than a traditional grip. Kinda regret my decision at this point since I ended up selling the HC. Now theyre both selling for more than DM had them.

Jomatty

Starting Player
I went pro1000hc instead of RV23 when Don Mortons had them. Partially because I liked the H web better than the hinged web and partially because of peoples assessment that it accommodated TIP better than a traditional grip. Kinda regret my decision at this point since I ended up selling the HC. Now theyre both selling for more than DM had them.

Moral of the story, buy em both next time.

I generally like h webs best as well but I do like fat single posts. The hinge thing is mostly aesthetic I think, but I do like it for looks and it doesn't hurt anything.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw that Nokona has that WB-1200H under their slowpitch line. The traditional back caught my eye. Curious to know if they decided to add a wider (5-5.25") web to make it slowpitch specific or if adding 1/4" to to their baseball WB-1175H was sufficient. There is also a WB-1200C (basket web) under their baseball line so I imagine they must have done something different for them to feature this under slowpitch.

The web looks like the same width as the 11.75 H web. I think the basket is the wider of the webs available on the 1200, but both are wider than the mod trap.

IDK what the deal is here. I will say that I relaced one of the new 13" fastpitch gloves and loved the pattern... just that d*** Velcro!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
This is unacceptable Rous. I was expecting answers that started off with "I just got off the phone with the owner of Nokona and he said back in the fall of 1761, the local..." and ended with "... the perfect pocket to accommodate a 12" softball".

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I was really surprised that they are now offering a softball glove that isn't fastback or velcro and doesn't have a basket web. I remember you telling me before how Nokona thought the ideal web for softball was the basket because of the width and depth it provided.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
When I have had the chance, I have argued against Velcro, basket webs, closed backs, and oil tanned leather (although I love their AMG175,600/650/700, BM-76 etc. fastback design) . They tried a much stiffer walnut crunch leather, but it didn't sell well... too stiff in the store and softballers (for the most part) seem to like game ready gloves. They did cut the Velcro from the slowpitch softball gloves a couple years back and the closed back seems to be gone from the slowpitch line too. I don't think I am going to get any movement on the basket web (which I also like).

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I might need to bite the bullet here and do a review. Just seems like it has potential for a great IF softball glove for anyone looking for a piece of Americana. I'll need to check my local shop if they have them yet or lurk eBay.

Jomatty

Starting Player
Very nice Fred. Nice to see someone track something down they have been looking for, especially looking for a long time.