Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

stuntdoogie

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice, I'm already planning my next custom and it will probably be a tan and blue color scheme. I'll probably go with the blue/white patches though for my alma mater.
Thnx, I was debating the Blue Binding for a while. I kinda regret it now but oh well gonna have to deal with it.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I'm thinking something like this, undecided on the web though. I think the tan and blue look really good together.

20fc9bl.png

wc1v6u.jpg

defos

Here are the better gloves I have. Most are used. About half are for sale.101_2995.JPG

Top to bottom, left to right,
PRO1005E, PRO1005E, PRO1005G, GGEFBBR.
PRO1005BFB (HOH), PRO303-6JB, PRO502-3P, PRO204-6
PRO701BF, PRO1000BFB, SG94, GGP502-11C
PROS601BG, PROS601BG, PROS27TFPP, PROS26BFB
PROSFM19-10

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I really like the 1005 pattern and I see you do too. Might have to do an appreciation post for the much maligned basket web.

I don't own a basket web glove, never have! Don't hate them, just never really liked them, I may have to add one to the collection soon? I definitely would have loved to of had David's Pro1000-3T, that is a beautiful glove!2yk0qch.jpg

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
I'm looking for a 12-12.5" glove with a modified trap. Top choice would be a black nokona. I had one a while back and want another one since I'll be coaching my son's team this year. Anyone know of one available?

defos

Is it basically a 502? Or a 206 fastback?

The 1005 was the 12.5" version of the PRO1000. As I recall from a post on the Glove-Works forum, Bob Clevenhagen said he and his father designed it as a 12" PRO1000. But it was sold as a 12.5 in the catalogs and measures the same as a 12.5", which is to say right on or just over 12" from the top of the web down the index finger to the heel. It's very similar to a 502 with a slightly wider heel and palm, especially the Made in USA HOH. Also seems a little bit deeper. As with other models I've handled in my limited experience, the Made in the USA gloves tend to be wider in the heel and slightly shorter than the same model made in the Philippines. And the Gold Glove Elites differ slightly from the HOH of the same model. I sold an early PRO502 HOH to a teammate a few years ago. He's never used it and most likely never will. He just wanted it for a backup. I'd really like to buy it back and compare it to the 1005 HOH. I had them at the same time, but it's been long enough I don't remember how they compare. I have several variations of 502s, but the one he has would be the best to compare to the 1005.

I watched ebay for several years before the dark GGE with the black web came up. An earlier owner nearly ruined the glove with whatever he used as a "conditioner". The shell is stiff and dark from whatever he used, and the original web was soggy with something nasty. The web was totally junked. I swapped the web from a 502G on it, off it, on it again until I scored the web that's on it now last year. I love the pattern and the glove feels great on my hand in the house, but 10 minutes outside and it's rock hard, and not in a good way. It's getting somewhat better. Since this one isn't what it should be, and the HOH I bought a short time later is a bit rough, I kept looking for a good one and scored the tan one a couple of years ago. It's been used very little. Softer leather than a HOH, but I'm fine with that. They don't come up for sale very often. I think I've bought 2 of the 4 or 5 PRO1005E rht gloves I've seen on ebay in 15 years. Probably seen about the same number of HOHs.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I think I remember that one. Was it a RHT with Tan Binding?

If so, it was a commissioned piece.
I really liked how it turned out too.
F

Fred, I did a search for 303-6jbt and came across your old trap swap. That was a ballsy move that turned out great.

defos

Here's a PRO1005BFB HOH I bought and sold 3 years ago and forgot about. It was virtually unused and I was thrilled to get it. As soon as I put my hand in it, I realized why it had gone unused. Something hard in the thumb stall put constant, unbearable pressure on my thumb. At first seemed like it was the stiffener in the thumb, but it extended below where the pressure was. I guess I decided to sell it rather than take that piece out and try to make the glove work.

Attachments

• 101_2485 (3).JPG
    101_2485 (3).JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 101_2488 (3).JPG
    101_2488 (3).JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 101_2486 (3).JPG
    101_2486 (3).JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 101_2487 (3).JPG
    101_2487 (3).JPG
    231 KB · Views: 9

NYC

Swag on 100.
Here's a PRO1005BFB HOH I bought and sold 3 years ago and forgot about. It was virtually unused and I was thrilled to get it. As soon as I put my hand in it, I realized why it had gone unused. Something hard in the thumb stall put constant, unbearable pressure on my thumb. At first seemed like it was the stiffener in the thumb, but it extended below where the pressure was. I guess I decided to sell it rather than take that piece out and try to make the glove work.
You can probably work that out with some conditioner and the handle part of a glove mallet.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
until you just mentioned your trouble with that HOH i totally forgot that my A2000 had a spot that rubbed really uncomfortably on it. it was like they left the line of welting on the thumb too long and then went over it and it caused a lump that dug into my index knuckle. i can't remember what i did to help it a little but it's gone now with a good amount of use. TIP would also have alleviated the problem but i can't get comfortable with that.