Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
what series is that and what would you compare the quality to?

This one is a custom. It’s the softball pattern masterpiece series. I have a Pro series as well but they do not come in softball pattern and they want to break thumb to index. Leather wise they are similar, this one feels like an off the shelf camel HOH to me, maybe a hair more stiff than that. This one will likely be up soon because I picked the wrong web and am having another remade. Added a 2nd photo. It's a 12.5, but it measures almost 12.75... another reason I'll prob move it and have it remade 1/4" less.

Last edited:

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
Latest acquisition:
nvPOmxI.jpg

D0THJKf.jpg

YzupJoG.jpg

a0N4YOQ.jpg

MAMiyLO.jpg

Ay87Dge.jpg

Have you wiped the dust off yet?

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I'm having a hard time getting myself to take a mallet to this glove. I just like it so much that the thought of smacking it with a mallet makes me kind of want to cringe.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Here's one you don't see everyday - actual pro issue (verses the numerous Instagram idiots who think a RTD/Pro Stock glove is) PRO1000 with a single piece web. Wish it had the web patch, but the embroidery style makes up for that. Curious glove as Chris is a RHT - mistaken order or ambidextrous experiment?
Z2jKMBN.jpg

xcGsF3l.jpg

RbW49Dp.jpg

IPcABxu.jpg

ry_man_gloves

“What’s in the box?!”
Japanese-market HOHs came in those boxes for four different players: Jeter, Griffey, Sosa, and McGwire. Each had a full-size glove, a miniature version of the glove, a plastic stand for the mini glove, and a mini bat. I have one of each of the gloves if anyone wants them, but I only have one of the mini bats. Retail was around ¥32,000, which is now about $290 USD, but when they came out, the exchange rate put them at >$300.

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
Japanese-market HOHs came in those boxes for four different players: Jeter, Griffey, Sosa, and McGwire. Each had a full-size glove, a miniature version of the glove, a plastic stand for the mini glove, and a mini bat. I have one of each of the gloves if anyone wants them, but I only have one of the mini bats. Retail was around ¥32,000, which is now about $290 USD, but when they came out, the exchange rate put them at >$300.
Are they rubberball gloves?

ry_man_gloves

Are they rubberball gloves?
They are for rubberball, but the quality isn't the same on all four of them. The blue leather on the Sosa, while not very stiff, seems comparable to a lot of present-day retail HOHs. I got the Sosa first, then I got the other three and I saw that the black leather on those was much thinner and softer. They're more what I would expect with a rubberball glove. Jeter's actually doesn't feel much different than the U.S. retail version though, because those were oil-treated and they didn't take long to break in.

NYC

Swag on 100.
They are for rubberball, but the quality isn't the same on all four of them. The blue leather on the Sosa, while not very stiff, seems comparable to a lot of present-day retail HOHs. I got the Sosa first, then I got the other three and I saw that the black leather on those was much thinner and softer. They're more what I would expect with a rubberball glove. Jeter's actually doesn't feel much different than the U.S. retail version though, because those were oil-treated and they didn't take long to break in.
I can see why the rubberball gloves come with those cool boxes, because they are basically made for kids. I'm a grown man and still would love for them to come with boxes.

MaverickAH

Formal boxes like that are nice if you're collecting. If you're using, they only add unnecessary cost. Are you willing to pay ~$20 additional just to have a box?

NYC

Swag on 100.
Rubber ball version replicas of the Rawlings Revolution PRO-JR24, but called PROTB24 (no hyphen).
They do look really cool, Soft inserts, etc. Slightly smaller than the originals....Seems about 12.25-12.5"

Feast your Eyes
M04v4TM.jpg

900Mqaz.jpg

OFsoYoY.jpg

2gaboy5.jpg

p37fAAY.jpg

SuSwWc4.jpg

WnGD8p2.jpg

v1BedEQ.jpg

WKd3ipZ.jpg

Dy5pfdZ.jpg

5OlJZR3.jpg

9MdJ8qm.jpg
What the hell? They get the round R logo, a sick pattern, a sick box, why can't they just release the hardball HOH in the Revolution JR24 pattern for us? I've been scouring a NWT one for years now.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
What the hell? They get the round R logo, a sick pattern, a sick box, why can't they just release the hardball HOH in the Revolution JR24 pattern for us? I've been scouring a NWT one for years now.

I wish they would.
They should have for Griffey's induction

F

NYC

Swag on 100.
I wish they would.
They should have for Griffey's induction

F
The Horween TB24 is awesome for Chad to get and I'm grateful but this was Sr.'s colorway, Rawlings can do so much cooler things than what they've been doing lately. I mean Hypershell? C'mon.