Ok, some of you make my head hurt....

croe33

Starting Player
Damn it! Guess I'll just talk about how my 28oz bat and its momentum is the real star of the show while I'm fishing in the rain

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
So? If two of the exact same same balls are used say Evil 52/300s are hit with two of the exact same bats (construction) except one is a 26 and one is a 30. Exit speed of say 98mph off the barrel same angle/wind/swing speed all the factors are the same except the weight of the bat. Do the balls land in the same place or will the heavier bat hit farther due to applied momentum?

Or say a balanced verse a endloaded bat the same weight...both built to the 98mph standard and every factor the same? Land in the same spot in the outfield?

Not being a **** or a troll, I really want to know?

if the exit speed is the same with 2 weights of bats, the balls will travel the same distance. if the swing speeds are different with 2 different weight bats, the heavier bat will produce a longer hit all other things being equal.

Joker

if the exit speed is the same with 2 weights of bats, the balls will travel the same distance. if the swing speeds are different with 2 different weight bats, the heavier bat will produce a longer hit all other things being equal.

wut ?

Buckeye20

Addicted to Softballfans
All this is fascinating ! But if ASA bats are designed to hit ASA balls and stay at a maximum of 98 mph, and everybody seams to agree if the ball is traveling at the same speed it will go the same distance , then how can anybody possibly say a heavier bat will hit the ball further then a lighter one ? I'm pretty sure somebody is missing several verabials in there equations to say otherwise !

Joker

All this is fascinating ! But if ASA bats are designed to hit ASA balls and stay at a maximum of 98 mph, and everybody seams to agree if the ball is traveling at the same speed it will go the same distance , then how can anybody possibly say a heavier bat will hit the ball further then a lighter one ? I'm pretty sure somebody is missing several verabials in there equations to say otherwise !

jesus ****ing christ

Joker

ok lets make this simple

swing speed and bat weight along with other variables determine the exit speed of the ball
when all those other variables are equal, a heavier bat at the same swing speed = higher exit speed of the ball

exit speed of the ball after contact along with other variables determines distance
when all those other variables are equal, a higher exit speed of the ball = more distance

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
As post #101 all I can say is all the people who are trying to sound smart on the internet when most of them have no idea WTF they are talking about just proves the title of this thread to be correct. I do have an engineering degree and thank you to all the people who say stuff like "With lighter bats the ball comes off with the same speed but has a tendancy to die in the outfield faster." People like you are the reason that I will always be able to find jobs even in a bad economy.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
My manly essence allows me to hit the ball further than you annoying little candy asses. Thus, I am the winner, irregardless of your grammatically terrible posts and sissy bat weight complexes.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans

Because that's not what "98 mph" means. It's a testing standard.

Do you think a GT-R Track always goes 0-60 in 2.7 just because that's what it tested at?

Buckeye20

Addicted to Softballfans
ok lets make this simple

swing speed and bat weight along with other variables determine the exit speed of the ball
when all those other variables are equal, a heavier bat at the same swing speed = higher exit speed of the ball

exit speed of the ball after contact along with other variables determines distance
when all those other variables are equal, a higher exit speed of the ball = more distance

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your first ever post on SBF that actually contributed to the topic being discussed ! With that being said , how can the same person swing two objects at the same speed if one is heavier ? Without Putting less effort into the lighter object ? Actually don't answer that I could care less I hit just fine with My 26oz. Bats ! and won a derby last year with a 25oz. Recoil so none of this is going to change what I prefer to swing !

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your first ever post on SBF that actually contributed to the topic being discussed ! With that being said , how can the same person swing two objects at the same speed if one is heavier ? Without Putting less effort into the lighter object ? Actually don't answer that I could care less I hit just fine with My 26oz. Bats ! and won a derby last year with a 25oz. Recoil so none of this is going to change what I prefer to swing !

Force or accelleration are variables in the equation...