ASA Overthrow out of play

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Have a Sundrop riding on this...

Batter nubs a swinging bunt, catcher fields it, lobster it down to 1b and it gets away. Ball slowly rolls along the grass, before rolling out of play as the BR is 3/4 of the way to 2nd.

What base is he awarded?

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Have a Sundrop riding on this...

Batter nubs a swinging bunt, catcher fields it, lobster it down to 1b and it gets away. Ball slowly rolls along the grass, before rolling out of play as the BR is 3/4 of the way to 2nd.

What base is he awarded?

Well, besides the fact it is impossible to have a "swinging bunt", it is always two bases from the runner's position at the time of the throw

sjury

The Old Man
Yes, I concur, do you concur? Doctor? .... Sorry, Just a +1 to post count, and now I want a Sundrop.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, besides the fact it is impossible to have a "swinging bunt", it is always two bases from the runner's position at the time of the throw

And I'd bet another Sundrop you know exactly what that refers to. Even your crotchety ass knows it's a REAL common colloquialism in ballparks from coast to coast.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
And I'd bet another Sundrop you know exactly what that refers to. Even your crotchety ass knows it's a REAL common colloquialism in ballparks from coast to coast.

So you suggest we perpetuate ignorance through recognition? Yeah, that has really helped this world and the people in it.

IMD28

The Veteran
I just want to know how to lobster a ball

il_fullxfull.166717242.jpg

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I just want to know how to lobster a ball

It's pretty easy, you type "lobs" on an Android phone and it decides you really meant "lobster".

So you suggest we perpetuate ignorance through recognition? Yeah, that has really helped this world and the people in it.

I hope you're this pedantic about facial tissue and hook and loop fasteners.

Fine, have it your way. "Batter swung real hard and missed hitting the ball cleanly, causing it to travel disproportionately to the swing, landing less than six feet in front of the plate in an embarrassing fashion, as though he had just squared around and bunted." You're right, that was SO much better for conveying exactly the same thing everyone understood.

This is basically what the catcher did.