Pictures of My 28 Week Transformation

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
OK guys, sorry for such a delay in getting this out. Many of you have watched my 28 week log and have asked to see pictures of my transformation.

In summary, I started out at 253 pounds in November and at the end of the 28 week journey I weighed 184 pounds. So that is a 69 pound weight loss!!

I am a father of 3, work 50+ hours a week, and never miss a sporting event for my kids. It is all about hard work, dedication, and preparation.

My goals now are to remain at single digit body fat and compete again in November of 2014. I will continue to train hard, weigh out all my meals and never get back to where I was at back in November. I love this lifestyle and so glad I'm back into it. I'm going to grow properly over the next 18 months before I hit the stage again and I'm working with both a local trainer/good friend as well as an IFBB Pro to get me ready for the stage next year. Very excited to begin the next stage of my journey.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Damn, good job bud. I've been eating better myself and have been more active. Down 7 lbs this past month and got 50 more til I hit my goal.

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
In short, what did u change in ur diet? Portions? Gluten-free, etc

And what do u mean "weigh out all my meals"?

Thanks and congrats

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
For my meals I completely changed my diet. No pop, no restaurant food, weighed all my meals means exactly that. I weighed out every portion so each meal (6 meals a day) I knew how many grams of protein, how many carbs, and how much fat I was getting.

Some simple tips, no carbs after your 5th meal. Get your carbs from veggies, fruits, brown rice, rice cakes. Stay away from breads and pastas. Eat meats like chicken, fish, lean red meat, egg whites, tuna. Get your fats from fish oil, almonds, natural PB.

My daily intake was about 300 grams protein, 200 grams carbs, 90 grams of fat.

I did some carb cycling and lowered my protein intake a bit when I started to lose weight since I don't need more than 1.5 grams per pound of protein during the diet process.

More of this information is in my log.

I did light cardio, nothing too crazy, almost every day and trained 4-5 days a week for 45-60 minutes.

We all have busy schedules I'm sure but all it takes is discipline and dedication to do what I did. What I did in 28 weeks it could take people a lot longer but I was that focused and dedicated on my goals.

grubd

Banned User
Wow, I didn't realize what a drastic change you were going through. I didn't think 250 was that much excess weight till I saw the pics. Great job!

danielmo

Manager
If not for the tattoo I would say different dude. Good job bro. Inspiration for all us fattys tryin to drop poundage... I'm down to 285 from 340.. Got more work to do but enjoying the extra speed on the bases lol

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
If not for the tattoo I would say different dude. Good job bro. Inspiration for all us fattys tryin to drop poundage... I'm down to 285 from 340.. Got more work to do but enjoying the extra speed on the bases lol

I was thinking the same thing about the tatoos. Great Job!!!!

Eballhero

<font color="#0000EE">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Very inspirational

congrats man, it takes the work and discipline and I for one know that is my biggest problem.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Yeah, being in the process of getting a sleeve done and a cover up on the tattoos prior to all the weight loss so I held off finishing things. Already been back in the chair and should have everything look a lot cleaner on my arms tattoo wise with in the next month or two.

Definitely sucked being on stage with 1/8th of a tattoo lol

mswiat

Addicted to Softballfans
Great job! That's an incredible amount of dedication to your diet and exercise program.

sj250

Star Player
Awesome work man!! It's a TON of work but so worthwhile in the end. After High School I had a hard time getting a job and got really lazy and ate tons of terrible food and got up to about 255lbs and a 38" waist jean was tight. One day like a light bulb I just decided I had enough and went to work. Started going to the gym 4-5 days a week but more than anything I think my diet change had the biggest impact. At my lightest I've got down to 170lbs and a 31" jean. I'm sitting pretty comfortably at about 180-185 and a 32"-33" jean. Honestly one of the best things was I started getting back into ball and hockey and all the things I gave up because I was too out of shape.

This is a heavier time:

125_6523592058_8654_n.jpg

And a more recent pic

205464_5475542465_1829_n.jpg

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats bro. Where can I find your more detailed log? I'm in the process of making a big change too. I reached a tipping point (244 on the scale) and started working out 5 times a week and eating better (no restaurants and quit drinking beer). I don't know jack about real training though. I'd like to read the details of your journey. A friend of mine suggested the Keto diet, so I've been doing that for the last couple weeks and it seems to be working pretty well. I definitely feel better...

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Winnie V.....

Nope :)

No miracle drug to make a transformation like I did. I did cardio 7 days a week for the most part, even did some two a days. Trained 4-5 days at the gym and over the 28 week period the worst I ate was some 94% fat free popcorn on occasions.

No drug will make up for preparation and dedication.

grubd

Banned User
Congrats bro. Where can I find your more detailed log? I'm in the process of making a big change too. I reached a tipping point (244 on the scale) and started working out 5 times a week and eating better (no restaurants and quit drinking beer). I don't know jack about real training though. I'd like to read the details of your journey. A friend of mine suggested the Keto diet, so I've been doing that for the last couple weeks and it seems to be working pretty well. I definitely feel better...

The log section.