pitchers...don't you hate it when:

I Throw Strikes

going on strike
you play a team and the guys that shoot middle are the ones that play outfield only?

last night I played against a hard hitting & shaved bat using team :rolleyes: and this d-bag right center fielder was getting ticked off that I was throwing him junk pitches and was complaining to his teammates, my catcher & my first baseman that I need to stop pitching him that way or he's going to keep going middle. needless to say I didn't stop I just pitched him more junk and smiled the whole time :D. he hit a few up the middle that I could not reach but the one's I could get leather on I doubled him up or through him out at first lol. and one point I was tempted to throw the ball at him directly...would that have been wrong???? :confused::D

his buddy the right fielder was doing the same thing too lol...I could hear them chatting when one was on first and the other was coaching first during the second game. such tools!!:)

but I did get hit last night in the first game though...his pitcher caught a hanging ball and came back up the middle right at my left foot. starting to get some good coloration lol.

I'm glad most of the impact was absorbed by the sole of my turf's

IMAG0884_zps8a8a65af.jpg

klu

on the mound
Nope. I lik when guys shoot middle. I have a big glove, a great infield, and a helmet

I Throw Strikes

going on strike
it's not really about the position they play...I just find that most outfielders are the one that like to shoot middle more and talk the most crap about it. Especially in my area they are mostly the guys who "would never pitch" haha

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
At the lower levels I agree, but as you move up everyone hits the middle.

Pretty

Softball is cool
It is part of the game, you dont' like it, don't pitch. This coming from a guy who pitches.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Would it be different if the batter were the pitcher and was shooting middle? I would be more worried about the guys ability to hit it where he wants, hard, then what position he plays. I see your point, but only one guy on the team can pitch at a time. Every batter can go middle.

bamaboy1626

You need my opinion!!!
you play a team and the guys that shoot middle are the ones that play outfield only?

last night I played against a hard hitting & shaved bat using team :rolleyes: and this d-bag right center fielder was getting ticked off that I was throwing him junk pitches and was complaining to his teammates, my catcher & my first baseman that I need to stop pitching him that way or he's going to keep going middle. needless to say I didn't stop I just pitched him more junk and smiled the whole time :D. he hit a few up the middle that I could not reach but the one's I could get leather on I doubled him up or through him out at first lol. and one point I was tempted to throw the ball at him directly...would that have been wrong???? :confused::D

his buddy the right fielder was doing the same thing too lol...I could hear them chatting when one was on first and the other was coaching first during the second game. such tools!!:)

but I did get hit last night in the first game though...his pitcher caught a hanging ball and came back up the middle right at my left foot. starting to get some good coloration lol.

I'm glad most of the impact was absorbed by the sole of my turf's

IMAG0884_zps8a8a65af.jpg

I stopped reading there.... I'm assuming it was something about how you controlled them even though they beat the middle up.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would it be different if the batter were the pitcher and was shooting middle? I would be more worried about the guys ability to hit it where he wants, hard, then what position he plays. I see your point, but only one guy on the team can pitch at a time. Every batter can go middle.

Don't you bring rational thought and math into this!!!!!

I Throw Strikes

going on strike
I'm not scared of people hitting middle, I know its part of the game, I've been pitching for about 6 years. I just find it amusing that the biggest tools and crap talkers about it are the one's that do not play the middle. They can dish it out but are not willing to be subject to it...you get the "excuse" of I can't pitch...no it's you dont want to pitch. Throwing an underhanded ball is not the most difficult thing to do lol. I guess it's the respecting of the position that I'm talking about. I can see tournaments but league ball where people are having fun to try and be malicious about it seems to be douchebagery at it's finest lol. and like I said the pitcher did go middle...was it intentional perhaps...was I bothered by it..no. It is part of the game. I sucked it up and kept pitching my game. I think what was really irking me when I came up with this post is the guy that was doing it, had an elbow brace or something like he was some power hitter for the bigs that gets pitched inside and did not want to get hurt by some heat!! lol

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
It doesn't matter if a team hits middle, it's where the hole is, less they're 5 man. Now if the only thing they are trying to do is hit the pitcher, that's a little different.

I Throw Strikes

going on strike
It doesn't matter if a team hits middle, it's where the hole is, less they're 5 man. Now if the only thing they are trying to do is hit the pitcher, that's a little different.

^^^^^this right here^^^^ is my point exactly. the middle is where the "hole" is...but to intentionally "come at me bro" to try and injure a pitcher MAKES the world of difference. next time I play him...I'm going to head hunt him when he jogs to first!! :eek::confused::rolleyes: - not really I don't play that kind of game lol

krakrt

Addicted to Softballfans
I sometimes say the same thing as the guys that were hitting middle on you, but the middle is closed in my league, and I avoid hitting there most of the time because its an out and most the pitchers can't defend themselves or for respect for my pitcher as well. But if you keep throwing me garbage I will hit it where its pitched and if thats back at you so be it.

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
a pitcher on a team i played for, got hit up the middle by a guy who told him he was shotting middle after a bad play the last inning and he was still mad. he shot the middle and hit my pitcher in the shin guard. my pitcher picked up the ball and haed hunted the guy while he was sprinting towards first base. nailed the guy in the back right below the head. took him right off his feet. the guy didint have **** to say after that and nbody shot the middle the rest of the game. ha!

I Throw Strikes

going on strike
I sometimes say the same thing as the guys that were hitting middle on you, but the middle is closed in my league, and I avoid hitting there most of the time because its an out and most the pitchers can't defend themselves or for respect for my pitcher as well. But if you keep throwing me garbage I will hit it where its pitched and if thats back at you so be it.

I agree in hitting was it pitched to you...if I leave one hanging outside and I know the hitter just pulls the ball that's my bad! but when the batter is way back in the box and moving and dancing all over the box to make sure he hits middle that's another story. it's the intent to try and hit me is what I have a problem with, just because I'm not pitching him meatballs to go yard with...its a joke. a pitcher is to pitch balls he wants the batter to hit...not to give gift wrapped home run pitches. he was mostly irked by the back spin ball..."i'm thinking is it "that serious dude...it's slow pitch softball" haha

I Throw Strikes

going on strike
a pitcher on a team i played for, got hit up the middle by a guy who told him he was shotting middle after a bad play the last inning and he was still mad. he shot the middle and hit my pitcher in the shin guard. my pitcher picked up the ball and haed hunted the guy while he was sprinting towards first base. nailed the guy in the back right below the head. took him right off his feet. the guy didint have **** to say after that and nbody shot the middle the rest of the game. ha!

^^^^this right here^^^^is justice in my opinion...just as I'm open to being hit INTENTIONALLY by a ball by a juiced bat...they are open to be hit by an "errant throw"...same concept right? :D

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Play a 5 man or start fielding your middle. You want people to stop hitting at you, close down your middle and start making middle swings outs.

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^this right here^^^^is justice in my opinion...just as I'm open to being hit INTENTIONALLY by a ball by a juiced bat...they are open to be hit by an "errant throw"...same concept right? :D

i like to hit middle but i would never try to hit the pitcher on purpose. im just tryin to hit the hole like everyone else. when someone calls you out and says im gonna shoot middle on u and then he does it and it hits u, i think he deserves what he gets. sometimes the ball just gets away from you and u throw a bad ball to first base right? just so happens the runner gets hit coincidentally

I Throw Strikes

going on strike
Play a 5 man or start fielding your middle. You want people to stop hitting at you, close down your middle and start making middle swings outs.

good points...again I don't have an issue with hits up the middle because we do play the "traditional" infield and the middle or points 5 feet left or right of middle are open... my gripe is with the intentional malicious attitude of gunning for me because I'm pitching "junk balls" that if looked at can be strikes and if he swings he can not get a home run...lol comical when I sit here and think about it.

I Throw Strikes

going on strike
i like to hit middle but i would never try to hit the pitcher on purpose. im just tryin to hit the hole like everyone else. when someone calls you out and says im gonna shoot middle on u and then he does it and it hits u, i think he deserves what he gets. sometimes the ball just gets away from you and u throw a bad ball to first base right? just so happens the runner gets hit coincidentally

I could always say "I was so startled by the hit...I could not control my throw"..."FIRST BASE LINE IS OPEN"!!!! I should patent that lol

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans

This should have casued a fight and if the LD is worth a **** a suspension

You really sound like a douche.....and I would probably not stay away from the middle just bc you're pitching.

I Throw Strikes

going on strike

You really sound like a douche.....and I would probably not stay away from the middle just bc you're pitching.

I sound like a douche...because I'm trying to protect myself and rather than go after their pitcher who isn't being a **** and I go for them directly? yeah makes sense to me.

and you seem to be the "type" of guy I'm describing so that would not surprise me any. and you could possibly be the first one i'd get an "errant" throw on.. it can go both ways. jus sayin

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I sound like a douche...because I'm trying to protect myself and rather than go after their pitcher who isn't being a **** and I go for them directly? yeah makes sense to me.

and you seem to be the "type" of guy I'm describing so that would not surprise me any. and you could possibly be the first one i'd get an "errant" throw on.. it can go both ways. jus sayin

Hitting middle is part of the game.
Throwing a ball at a runner is not!

Get over yourself. Field the ball, get out of the way or quit pitching. Either way, quit crying about guys hitting the ball near you. Your probably not as good, and certainly not as cool, as you think you are. My guess is your personality has more to do with them hitting middle than your "tough" pitching.

natedd

Addicted to Softballfans
My team just goes middle if i get multiple hard balls hit at me. I don't have to say ****.

I Throw Strikes

going on strike

and I agree...that should be grounds for suspensions but so is openly admitting to trying to hit the pitcher with a 100+ ball from 50-60 away

i'm not a trash talking pitcher...I don't do all the dancing, flipping, pump faking and other utrip style pitching, i'm up there calm and collected I don't instigate anything, I'm just playing a game I enjoy. and to be targeted by some **** with a complex, that wants to prove his worth by hitting a 12" ball over a 8 foot fence 325' away but can't because I'm not pitching him meatballs that bothers me. again I pitched for years and this is one of a handful of times I've been intentionally targeted to be hit. So excuse me for ranting about some douche-baggery

krakrt

Addicted to Softballfans
I've also in tournaments told a pitcher that I will mostly likely hit it back up the middle, and if i hit him its not intentional at all, most guys respect that. Usually say I got a glove or something alnog this lines. Some instances it opened up the 5-6 and or 4-3 holes a little more