Pitchers, when is it enough?

thekoo

The Veteran
So, anyhow.

I pitch for my team, and I get shot middle maybe twice a game. Now, I know that it's not always on purpose, and that sometimes there's a beef behind it.

Do you get pissed when your team doesn't back you up? It pisses me off beyond belief when I don't see my boys taking a pot shot back to the other pitcher.

Not trolling, dead serious here.

AJ22

Super Moderator
So, anyhow.

I pitch for my team, and I get shot middle maybe twice a game. Now, I know that it's not always on purpose, and that sometimes there's a beef behind it.

Do you get pissed when your team doesn't back you up? It pisses me off beyond belief when I don't see my boys taking a pot shot back to the other pitcher.

Part of the game ... I really do want it hit at me. As for the team not backing me up, as long as we win doing what we do, why be upset ?

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
would you rather have guys who are uncomfortable with shooting middle try and shoot middle and pop-out? I would rather have the guys win the game.

Also, field your position and middle shooting stops. There is always going to be accidents middles apart of the game if you don't like it get off the mound

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
Part of the game ... I really do want it hit at me. As for the team not backing me up, as long as we win doing what we do, why be upset ?

i agree with this...either quit pitching or win more, that speaks the loudest.

jay5572

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like you need a new team or a move to the outfield.

Believe it or not, there are some people out there, myself included, that don't like to hit middle. Middle is part of the field, I get it. I simply take it out of the equation for myself. I'd rather hit gap to gap then take a chance of hurting someone. Couldn't live with that on my conscience (and I am a .700+ hitter).

If it's getting to you that much, maybe a position change is in order. Or maybe you have a team that isn't interested in shooting the middle.

Do your opponents play 5 infielders? If they do, seems silly to try to go back up the middle, even in retaliation.

hinzy

}}i{{
If I feel retaliation is necessary... I want to be the one to do it.

Rest of my guys should leave it be

thekoo

The Veteran
would you rather have guys who are uncomfortable with shooting middle try and shoot middle and pop-out? I would rather have the guys win the game.

Also, field your position and middle shooting stops. There is always going to be accidents middles apart of the game if you don't like it get off the mound

I can field it fine, that's no problem. And my guys can do it, I've seen it before, and we've all done it before. ****, I take matters into my own hands most of the time.

I guess I fall into the old baseball mentality - one of ours, one of yours.

arod3776

ElitePlatinumMember
So, anyhow.

retire or play catcher............

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
I can field it fine, that's no problem. And my guys can do it, I've seen it before, and we've all done it before. ****, I take matters into my own hands most of the time.

how is this the baseball mentatlity?

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
1. You have a glove use it
2. This is not the NHL and you are not an NHL goalie, this is recreational softball. The team enforcer is not going to pick a fight with anyone who messes with you.

Middle is a part of the game, with home run limits the way they are it becomes even more a part of the game because people are afraid hitting DBOs if they pull the ball. Lots of people hit middle on purpose, 99% of them are trying to get a base hit. Unless you are playing a 5 man the middle is a big open spot to get a base hit, field your position and stop crying.

Throwing at a batter and hitting middle for a base hit are not even close to the same thing. You sound like the same idiot that goes in hard to break up a double play in rec coed. If you have a problem fielding your position that it bothers you that much, move to outfield or catcher.

Last edited:

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
1. You have a glove use it
2. This is not the NHL and you are not an NHL goalie, this is recreational softball. The team enforcer is not going to pick a fight with anyone who messes with you.

Middle is a part of the game, with home run limits the way they are it becomes even more a part of the game because people are afraid hitting DBOs if they pull the ball. Lots of people hit middle on purpose, 99% of them are trying to get a base hit. Unless you are playing a 5 man the middle is a big open spot to get a base hit, field your position and stop crying.

well said...and if your team is not "backing" you up, it's probably because they are tired of you getting pissed everytime...

n8ss03

I pitched for the first time this weekend. I got shot up around 15 times. You know how I backed myself up? I fielded it. IJS

arod3776

ElitePlatinumMember
although i did almost see two fights this past weekend for teams having a box war.....kinda funny watching almost everyone shoot box..

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
I pitched for the first time this weekend. I got shot up around 15 times. You know how I backed myself up? I fielded it. IJS

balling glove glover over here if you can field your position and since your getting shot middle 2 times a game if you make the play thats 2/3 of an inning you dont have to worry about someone else making a play

thekoo

The Veteran

See, I'm not bitching about the hot grounders or liners to my sides. I'm talking about pull hitters intentionally closing stances and golfing pitches towards my face and knees. It's a load of **** and everyone knows it.

And I have no problem fielding any of these. What I'm getting pissed about is no one backing me up. I don't yell at my guys to shoot middle, it should be understood that you need to protect your pitcher, and you can only do that in SP by retaliation.

jdav08

Not applicable
i usually tell my guys to not shoot there intentionally, but if the pitch is there don't be afraid to go that way. too many times someone tries to get your back and hits a 5 hopper. if i feel retaliation is needed, i'll do it myself and not say a word about it prior to.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm the coach ***** and I play wherever I want too so EAD and cry over your post count.

sad part is i'm welcome in the lounge and not there...you're not welcome there, and you are allowed in...

so when was the last time you pitched?

ONDASEVEN

THE FIRE BIRD
That's the way the game should be played u hit at my pitcher imma hit at urs u don't like it then u go pitch n I'll go pitch we can hit at eachother

thekoo

The Veteran
i usually tell my guys to not shoot there intentionally, but if the pitch is there don't be afraid to go that way. too many times someone tries to get your back and hits a 5 hopper. if i feel retaliation is needed, i'll do it myself and not say a word about it prior to.

And that's how I usually handle it.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
That's the way the game should be played u hit at my pitcher imma hit at urs u don't like it then u go pitch n I'll go pitch we can hit at eachother

what division are you talking...lower ranks they aren't trying to hit there necessarily.