Pst Guide

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
has anyone done a head to head comparison of the ASA legal and the non-ASA sticks to see how much difference there is?

just wondering...I have the ASA version and use that for league ball but we play ISA, ASA, USSSA, NSA and SSAA so the hotter one is legal in some of our tourneys.

Yes I have. My 28 oz PSTOC outperformed my 28 oz PST98 but one thing to remember is that the 98 weighs about 1 1/2 oz's more thanthe OC. Now when I take my 27 oz PST98 with the actual weight of 28.3 oz's the same as my PSTOC the difference was very small. The big difference was I was more consistent with the PSTOC I would guess because of the longer shell. I am trying to find another 27 oz 98 that weighs around 28.3 oz. I sold mine too quick when I got the 98Z.

With the 98Z the gap is for me is very little. One reason is the 98Z's run a little lighter than the 98's did. IMO if I could find a 28 oz 98Z that actually weighed under 29 oz's it would be as good as my OC.

A real power hitter would probably get a different results from mine but for me that was my experience with those bats.

Griffey15

i think this is quite possibly the most informative thread ever. thanks griffey

Well I obviously need to update and sadly for the last time since the PSTs are no longer a viable model to Worth......:(

I will work on that and post the final list and details of each PST made while knowing that only the 2005 and newer ASA approved models will be good for use in championship play anyway.

goodtimez

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I obviously need to update and sadly for the last time since the PSTs are no longer a viable model to Worth......:(

I will work on that and post the final list and details of each PST made while knowing that only the 2005 and newer ASA approved models will be good for use in championship play anyway.

Hey Griff! Good to see you back! As of right now, I think only the PST Max (XPST4) is banned. Who knows what ASA will do next, but I think that's the only PST banned so far. Good job with the guide!

Griffey15

Hey Griff! Good to see you back! As of right now, I think only the PST Max (XPST4) is banned. Who knows what ASA will do next, but I think that's the only PST banned so far. Good job with the guide!

Now that would make no sense whatsoever, but then again its ASA! I had heard a long time ago that only bats with the 2004 ASA Sticker would be allowed in 2008 for championship play.

Twin00

The Bus Stop Boxer
sorry it took as long as it did Griff!

PSTGuide.jpg

PSTGuidepics.jpg

Griffey15

Hey no problem I will put a link in my first post and ask mychaluva to delete his spreadsheet on the first page! Too bad this is the last update we need to make on the PST Guide.....:cool:

Twin00

The Bus Stop Boxer
Hey no problem I will put a link in my first post and ask mychaluva to delete his spreadsheet on the first page! Too bad this is the last update we need to make on the PST Guide.....:cool:

yeah....I still hate the fact that Worth sold out like that. :rolleyes:

Griffey15

It figures-I finally get a PST after 8 years of playing organized softball, and now they're not making them after this year:(

Yeah well take solice in knowing that there are plenty of PST "haters" out there so its not like you cant find them still. At least you dont have your gamer being banned in '08 by ASA like my LS PSTMax will be.......:mad:

nachoscritzon

Weezie "T" Founder
Yeah well take solice in knowing that there are plenty of PST "haters" out there so its not like you cant find them still. At least you dont have your gamer being banned in '08 by ASA like my LS PSTMax will be.......:mad:

Yeah, but I may be losing my Mizuno Classic:mad:

MarlSrSoftball

Don't give up yet. Maybe the Mutant will carry on the tradition.

t_dog_lxi

Addicted to Softballfans
On that revised list, we should have (not on ASA banned list as of now) beside the pre- 05 PST's. Someone may want an R&B, but think that it's banned becuase there isn't anything beside it stating that as of now, it is legal as of Jan 1, 2008.

OMG it's almost 2008 :eek: Where did the time go? Shouldn't we have spaceships and flying cars by now? I know by 2010, I was sure we'd be able to beem to the moon :D .

Twin00

The Bus Stop Boxer
On that revised list, we should have (not on ASA banned list as of now) beside the pre- 05 PST's. Someone may want an R&B, but think that it's banned becuase there isn't anything beside it stating that as of now, it is legal as of Jan 1, 2008.

OMG it's almost 2008 :eek: Where did the time go? Shouldn't we have spaceships and flying cars by now? I know by 2010, I was sure we'd be able to beem to the moon :D .

good point.....I'd highly suggest that anyone who plays ASA stay up to date on the approved equipment list instead of going by this list....I wouldn't think that the ASA would ban the XPST4 and not ban any other PST made before that since the XPST4 was made in order to comply with the ASA's new bat standard.

Griffey15

good point.....I'd highly suggest that anyone who plays ASA stay up to date on the approved equipment list instead of going by this list....I wouldn't think that the ASA would ban the XPST4 and not ban any other PST made before that since the XPST4 was made in order to comply with the ASA's new bat standard.

Well I know the PSTs with the ASA 2004 stamp will be ok come Jan 1, 2008. If ASA bans the 04 Max and not any of the 99-03 models then that would be par for the course for gAySA. It will be easy to update but I cant put check marks on the pre-2004 PSTs yet because who knows what ASA will do next. I honestly can say that I know some ASA people and they told me that ASA is considering actually making something easy to understand and just saying that for Championship play a bat is only legal if it ihas the 2004 ASA stamp on it. We will see if that follows thru or not.....:rolleyes:

MarlSrSoftball

I think that the reason the MAX was selected and not the others is that Worth made a big deal out of the MAX being a 100 MPH and put it in big letters right on the bat.

t_dog_lxi

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that the reason the MAX was selected and not the others is that Worth made a big deal out of the MAX being a 100 MPH and put it in big letters right on the bat.

I agree with that. They drew attention to the MAX, and that's why it's getting all the attention. If we stop bringing attention to the pre MAX PST's, then maybe they will slide under the radar. But with everyone saying "HEY WHY DIDN'T THEY BAN THE OLDER PST'S ASWELL, THEY ARE JUST AS HOT" then attention is being drawn to them aswell. So we all need to shut up lol. :D

Grif, why is there no 27oz listing for the PST Xtra. Just curious b/c i have one. Now if it is the only one.....$1000 to the next bidder! ;)

Griffey15

Grif, why is there no 27oz listing for the PST Xtra. Just curious b/c i have one. Now if it is the only one.....$1000 to the next bidder! ;)

Well Worth only offered the Xtra in 28oz and 30oz models. The Xtra came out after ASA first started banning bats when the Ultra screwed everything up. The Xtra came out the same year as the B&G but only the 28oz and 30oz models would pass the ASA testing. Sorry to say but if you have a 27oz......it probably isnt stock. :confused:

TrebZilla

Banned User
Well Worth only offered the Xtra in 28oz and 30oz models. The Xtra came out after ASA first started banning bats when the Ultra screwed everything up. The Xtra came out the same year as the B&G but only the 28oz and 30oz models would pass the ASA testing. Sorry to say but if you have a 27oz......it probably isnt stock. :confused:

I agree 100% with this post.

It says 27oz on the knob and it is completely mint. :confused: