Rain, Rain Go Away

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think LA has made a legitimate offer.
I don't think they can or will. Who do you give up? They don't need him, but as a dodgers fan I'd like to have him there. I can pretty much cheer for a guy like that anywhere but at the Yankees though.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
you want to be sick? if you bought $5k worth of bitcoin two years ago at around $350 per, you could sell it today for close to $200k. It peaked just above 15,000 dollars today.

it's all e-money, and it's scary, and will probably be gone overnight.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
I don't know what capital gains is on a 195k profit, but i'll gladly let uncle sam take a 10% bite out of my ass for that much of a profit

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
I'm working on getting my house remodeled. At some point we were going to need the cash for the remodel. I felt bad for "gambling" $2K on BitCoin. Whoops.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
then again, you didn't lose it since you didn't have it.

if I didn't spend it one something, I would have spent on something else I definitely didn't need

"in my life I spend half my money on women and alcohol; the other half I wasted"

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate people. The stupidity of the unwashed masses just oppresses me and disillusions me unless I try capitalize on it, then they get an ounce of brain cells and I don't end up a millionaire. They thwart me at every turn.

JStout863

Softball is Dumb
Herts, the beautiful thing about Bitcoin and buying and selling it...the government doesn't have to know

So...what "Capital Gain" are you talking about?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are the servers overseas or something?

They're going to know when I pay cash for a house with an indoor pool and a batting cage out back.

Z-Fly

Heart Throb
then again, you didn't lose it since you didn't have it.

if I didn't spend it one something, I would have spent on something else I definitely didn't need

"in my life I spend half my money on women and alcohol; the other half I wasted"

Phrase it how you want, I don't have $13K that I should have.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
Herts, the beautiful thing about Bitcoin and buying and selling it...the government doesn't have to know

So...what "Capital Gain" are you talking about?

you know everything has a paper trail, or an electronic paper trail. you can't buy it and sell it without it being documented SOMEWHERE

it will get standardized soon. I'm not getting into any of it, even with it projected to go to 30

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/30/bit...rs-wants-its-cut-and-you-may-not-know-it.html

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
you want to be sick? if you bought $5k worth of bitcoin two years ago at around $350 per, you could sell it today for close to $200k. It peaked just above 15,000 dollars today.

it's all e-money, and it's scary, and will probably be gone overnight.
It actually hit a high of $17,160 today