Remake of the Dudley 2.0 Lightning 12 inch barrel

Gary B.

Bravo for Life!
Was at a 50+ tournament today in Florida and noticed the Dudley rep had several brand new Dudley Lightning 2.0 with the 12 inch barrel. When I asked where he got so many NIW wrapper, he responded that Dudley finally decided to remake the popular model.

Wondering if anyone else has heard/seen anything about this remake and are they as hot as the original 2.0 (12 inch barrel). Blue 12 inch barrel with yellow lettering.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
This is the 1st from my POV, on the 12" models... also there's lots of NIW of the 13" out there, eBay & etc... it makes so much sense since they're having MFG. issues with the HOTW's? Though they should be a good Sr. bat. They could be leftovers from the previous MFG... but a remake let's call it 2.0-2.0??

Gary B.

Bravo for Life!
This is the 1st from my POV, on the 12" models... also there's lots of NIW of the 13" out there, eBay & etc... it makes so much sense since they're having MFG. issues with the HOTW's? Though they should be a good Sr. bat. They could be leftovers from the previous MFG... but a remake let's call it 2.0-2.0??

The rep definitely said it was being remade due the extreme popularity. I for one am hoping he was correct.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
That would be good if it's like the OG 2.0
I'd be worried that it might be a lift re-paint:eek:

Dogue

Evil Genius
That won't take long for everyone to figure out, and would be a big mistake by Dudley. They probably see guys selling NIW 2.0's for $300 and wanted in on the action.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
LOL!!!
Rob that would be a HUGE marketing mistake right now..., from what Gaby B. is stating they are finally freaking realizing that the LIFT was a big Engineering mistake. And 2.0 is the best Sr. bat IMHO and the 2.0 remake would make them a ton of $$$$ they lost on the LIFT, not to say that this bat suck for all since there are plenty of guys who like this bat. If I had big-time $$$$ I would venture into creating a great Sr. bat for all at a very reasonable price or MAP - Manufacturing Allowable Pricing

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
The rep definitely said it was being remade due the extreme popularity. I for one am hoping he was correct.
Did he say what is going to be the MAP pricing... I'm thinking it may go up to about $229.00??? And how about the balance model lots of players love that model... :)

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
when everyone finally gets to swing the Hot W's they will forget about the og's.....no need to remake obsolete technology...

Gary B.

Bravo for Life!
Did he say what is going to be the MAP pricing... I'm thinking it may go up to about $229.00??? And how about the balance model lots of players love that model... :)

He told me he was selling them for $200. Didn't ask about MAP pricing nor did I ask about the balanced version as I only swing endloaded. Sorry brother!

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Someone on a senior board said 60 cuts and it has paint cracks on both sides but spitting fire..don't sound like the OG 2.0.Lets hope it's a outlier.