Rethink Stride with Positioning Step /Launch angle =Better control

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro

Simple adjustment in tempo and focus keeps timing in control and helps trigger rotation and snap at the proper time. Bear in Twisted Mistress commercial Swing Makeover 83 Season 7 www.sportstechnique.com

Kaveman

Trend Setter

Simple adjustment in tempo and focus keeps timing in control and helps trigger rotation and snap at the proper time. Bear in Twisted Mistress commercial Swing Makeover 83 Season 7 www.sportstechnique.com

Thank you Ken - this makes a lot of sense as I get a bit older - I was putting too much thought into the stride which would cause the loss of power in the follow through with the swing

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I agree that stride isn't one of those things you want to think about too much as you're trying to hit. Especially if you're in games. When your swing is going well you'll stride naturally and never give it a thought. If you're playing games/tournies and still worried about your stride then you'll probably hit poorly. Stride issues are something to iron out during BP.

I find that my stride gets messed up if I'm tired or excessively stiff. Only then do I start thinking about it.

I'm not saying to never think about what you're doing with your stride. Simply to not become so obsessed with it that you start messing up other aspects of your swing.

dunkky

this is so true.. as i am a big fan of big stride. I tried to put it away from my conscious, but not easy. I minimized my stride at one point and was somewhat successful with my swing, but found myself bringing it back simply cuz it helps me generating more power.

stride + hips = power..