Review - 2018 Demarini Omega ASA/USSSA

jkwoody22

League ball huer
My iconic took about 200 hits with harder balls to get going, my og omega took around 300-500 to feel good, they are both equal in distance for me now with 52’s, I can only imagine these new ones are the same performance but with a much quicker break in, I keeping hearing they are much softer from the get go

Ump63

Me too I was just wondering. I hit combats when it’s cold but I need to get swings on the omega because it is only going to see 52/300 in games. I’ll bp with hard stuff when it warms up.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
My Malice EXT broke. What at everyone’s thoughts on the carbon edition ? I’m in between that or the balanced version. I am mostly wondering what the endload is on the carbon edition.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
My Malice EXT broke. What at everyone’s thoughts on the carbon edition ? I’m in between that or the balanced version. I am mostly wondering what the endload is on the carbon edition.

.5 oz. EL. Straight from the owner of GS

joonyah9

Addicted to Softballfans
The ELs have a .5 oz endload that you really can’t tell is there compared to the 1.0 oz endload of the Deuce. But being that there is some booty, the performance does show it. I have the Carbon and swing mostly 52s....it smokes those balls. Can only imagine what it’ll do to 44s.

$300+ IS pricey for a bat. I’m sure with a little research you’d be able to find it cheaper...just gotta know where to look

4xtra

Player/Coach
Any more updates with more hits on the omega?
The end cap was coming loose so I sent it back for another one ..... NIW
(Demarini's CS is GTG)
Had 850 swings on it and it was absolutely on fire.
The Omega kills 52's, 44 ASA and the Classic M's.
cant wait for it to get here.
The 18Omega is the real deal.

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
My 17 is pretty hot, but it is at 1000 hits with 44’s and 52’s, might need to try a new carbon one for comparison

joey311

Star Player
Sucks to hear that you had to send it back in because of a loose cap but my omega came with a click/wobble at the knob hopefully it doesn't get worse. At 300 or so hits it's performing good for me (26.5) berrel feels stiff but the exit speed looks great off the bat. Can't wait to get it to that wow stage.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Sucks to hear that you had to send it back in because of a loose cap but my omega came with a click/wobble at the knob hopefully it doesn't get worse. At 300 or so hits it's performing good for me (26.5) berrel feels stiff but the exit speed looks great off the bat. Can't wait to get it to that wow stage.

I would go ahead and contact Demarini
and see if you can exchange that bat WITHOUT going against your 1 time replacement.
If the receipt is less than 90 days old, there is a very good chance they will do this
and you will still have a full 1 time replacement in the balance.

the bat I sent back was a warranty exchange bat and they still replaced it.
They told me today it is on the way.
Demarini and Easton CS are both 100% GTG...

joey311

Star Player
Yes demarini CS has been awesome every single time I’ve dealt with them. I just received the omega as a return less than a month ago so as long as it doesn’t start wobbling like crazy (knob) I’m good. Just because the work I already started putting in. Kinda wish I had a future or legacy to compare both these dual stamps head to head.

Big_Papi28

Insane Dedication to Performance #WHPH
The click in the handle is most likely the roll pin in the knob... If you take your grip off take a look at the roll pin see if it is coming out.. I have had that happen on a few of mine and just tapped the pin back in and the click went away

joey311

Star Player
Out of curiosity I weighed my omegas out and a couple other demarini s and the results are

-26.5oz omega Phenix with original grip = 26.3 (slight endload)

-25.5oz omega carbon NIW with original grip =26.65 (The enload is very noticeable more like the OVL)

-26.5oz insane blackout =25.85 ( slight endload )

-26oz KTR original grip =25.5 (slight endload)

4xtra

Player/Coach
Out of curiosity I weighed my omegas out and a couple other demarini s and the results are

-26.5oz omega Phenix with original grip = 26.3 (slight endload)

-25.5oz omega carbon NIW with original grip =26.65 (The enload is very noticeable more like the OVL)

-26.5oz insane blackout =25.85 ( slight endload )

-26oz KTR original grip =25.5 (slight endload)
you just confirmed what I originally thought about the Omega Carbon.
I swung a 27.5oz and it seems to have more noticeable end load than the Phenix.
It was very hot as well.

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
any difference from the original omega?

The Omega II is pretty different than the original Omega. You’ll notice the outer composite breaks down (breaks in) much quicker which changes the feel of the entire barrel.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Any updates on these omegas, durability, hit count etc, my og omega finally took a dump, looking at the Phenix endload, with alloy handle, I loved the insane handle and I hear the carbon is the same as juggy, not my cup of tea, how is weight, pretty accurate?

Last edited:

4xtra

Player/Coach
the carbon is almost an oz over sticker weight.
The phenix is still hanging in there tough with no signs of wear at all.
Been playing all ASA lately and it is killing the 52's

Last edited:

4xtra

Player/Coach
If you want a REAL end load....
Get the CARBON....
They are 1oz over sticker weight,
and you can DEFINITELY tell the difference

dunkky

is that omega og or two? if omega og is just as good as two, i might offer KJ to trade his omega for my beloved xxl or dc41. i don't think i can get omega 2 for my bats.