Reviews for the Hyper Z

lefty tn

2014 65M World Champs SSUSA Vegas
65 degrees in tn. today. Plan on hitting the Z and the One today. Should get 36 on each today.
Weather in 60's for the next 3 days. Life is good for this Cajun. See ya'll at the ball park soon.

Had 36 swings on each bat. Put 14 more ore each one today on a 310ft fence
today and 11 went out. The One fields broke in at 50 and the Z sounds bad hits alright needs about 50 more swings before the sound will change.Love the price
on both bats.

Last edited:

OhtoNC1

Part Time Player
It was 60 in Charlotte and I got to put more swings on my hyper Z with some old 44/375 balls that are close to mush and the hyper was killing them. I think I hit 4 or 5 out with the mush balls. I can't wait to hit a new ball with it.

harg

Addicted to Softballfans
hyper z review

60 degrees in pa. today hit approx. 20 off tee it out hit all 3 eastons by at least 10 ft. st100 L1 L5 52 core 300 comp so far so good. put another 50 hits off tee distance is good handle is starting to twist don't seem to hurt anything still out hits everything i have even my dc physco, sweet spot seems small. approx. 200 hits most with 44 375 comp balls feels really good looks good no chipping or cracks. approx.100 more hits some live some tee best bat i've ever owned, 60 and over team folded can't use anywhere? just glad I didn't pay big money.

Last edited:

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit my $59 bat today. Put on about 100 swings in warm weather. Can't believe it, it is at least 30-40' longer then my Dudley with the same # of swings.
Wide variety of balls all in good condition, Fire, .44 Trumps, Evil BP balls, x-rocks, and a few .52s. Didn't hit the .52s real well.
And that is with the fat grip still on it (that I hate).
I only bought this bat for bp and cold weather. Now I have to think about it.

Millercorps

Addicted to Softballfans
The good news first... I consistently hit 350+ with this bat. I wasn't sure I was going to like the feel of it but I had no problem swinging it right out of the wrapper. This bat has better results then the Dudley, which I love, but the $60 price tag made me take a chance.

The bad news... 1st bat, 55 swings, cracked the barrel. 75+ degree weather so temperature shouldn't be an issue. 2nd bat, another 55ish swings, and now the handle spins. I have 4 more bats coming so hopefully they will last a little longer.

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
The good news first... I consistently hit 350+ with this bat. I wasn't sure I was going to like the feel of it but I had no problem swinging it right out of the wrapper. This bat has better results then the Dudley, which I love, but the $60 price tag made me take a chance.

The bad news... 1st bat, 55 swings, cracked the barrel. 75+ degree weather so temperature shouldn't be an issue. 2nd bat, another 55ish swings, and now the handle spins. I have 4 more bats coming so hopefully they will last a little longer.

Aaah, didn't want to hear that.
Thanks.

TheSilentMan35

Senior baller...don't let the age bothers you!
I have hit my Hyper Z bat lately in cage (real pitcher with senior balls) and have hit about 75 to 100 times...no issues with it. Nice feel and pop.

Last edited:

lefty8

Coach
I have a 28oz Senior Z and it has around 150BP swings on it. It's broke in and hits well. I'll save it for game day for when we hit mush balls.
Normally swing a 28oz but this Z swings heavy to me. Went ahead a purchased 2 27oz for $60 and for my swing the 27oz is much better.

djs_1964

Curious if any of you that have swung the Hyper Z, have also hit a Sonic+ ? It's also got that "mid" load weighting. Though the Sonic is a 1-piece, based on some of your comments, seems like maybe they swing similar?

westtexas

"Godfather"
Curious if any of you that have swung the Hyper Z, have also hit a Sonic+ ? It's also got that "mid" load weighting. Though the Sonic is a 1-piece, based on some of your comments, seems like maybe they swing similar?

It swings just like a z4000...

Where do you guys feel the sweetspot is on this bat. Ours arrived today and it looks like its more towards the middle of the barrel than the end

Jimmy34

Board Prick
Dupe accounts, how shady...:ban:

Shirts will go out next week crybaby...

it is probably the best buy in Senior softball...I hit one a few times and it felt a little light but hit real well...definitely a LS sweetspot middle to endcap, nothing close to the handle...

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
SS starts out from the H to the r (Hyper) and expands a little from there. To me thats more of the middle of the barrel.
Also, I thought my 27 was heavy, swings like it. But my teammate weighed it today and it was exactly 27 oz.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Im used to Combats where the sweetspot is a bit closer to the end but I will figure this one out with some BP in a couple weeks

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Jimmy, it all depends on which computer Im at in the office, one is mine and there is one logged in for customer service/office. But thanks for being the dupe police

Dogue

Evil Genius
I just got 2 of these (the wife can use them until I turn 50) and noticed that the knob moves a little bit already...0 swings on them. Has anyone had the knob come off on them yet? I usually tape over the knob anyway so that might help but if I could pull it off and 5200 it back in that might be better. I guess when LS says it's a 3-piece bat they are counting the rotating knob LOL.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got 2 of these (the wife can use them until I turn 50) and noticed that the knob moves a little bit already...0 swings on them. Has anyone had the knob come off on them yet? I usually tape over the knob anyway so that might help but if I could pull it off and 5200 it back in that might be better. I guess when LS says it's a 3-piece bat they are counting the rotating knob LOL.

Have had a couple that moved NIW.Quite a few around from this year and last have not heard of one coming off.

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
Is it really the knob twisting? It's known the whole handle twists. I don't think it affects performance at all.

I finally had one crack on me. It had over 800 hits on it. I bought it last year for 160.

lefty tn

2014 65M World Champs SSUSA Vegas
Finally a cracked Z with over 800 swings. That's great news in durability to me.
I have 3 senior Hyper z's. None of my handles twist. Didn't like the handle and
put it back to normal of what I'm used of with a knob. Works great for me.

Steve Butler

Addicted to Softballfans
i bought the hyperZ/TheOne combo pack for 119.00

With 200 swings off the Tee, TheOne has a little better distance.

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
I sung one and I wasn't impressed but maybe it wasn't broken in yet but for the price not too bad. I would swing the Combat Dirty Girl and the Super Dirty before the Z.

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
A buddy of mine taking some cuts with a 27el super Z
Then switching to his 28oz hyper Z close to the 1:00 mark.. Pretty big ball diamond...
Bat sounds great and lots of pop... Bat only had around 100 hits in the video.. hopefully others will break in like this one did, it took no time.

[ame]https://youtu.be/rZ1_GHjhpMg[/ame]

Last edited:

Semmy

Addicted to Softballfans
i hit 3 diff bats back to back last night in the cage with used 40/400 grey dots.

Ultra Black Senior - best feel
Dudley Lightning - close 2nd
HyperZ - close 3rd.

Played against Newbill (USSSA HoF'er in WA) last year in a senior tournament, he was hitting balls with that thing which still haven't landed.

Last edited:

ffdonnie

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit my $59 bat today. Put on about 100 swings in warm weather. Can't believe it, it is at least 30-40' longer then my Dudley with the same # of swings.
Wide variety of balls all in good condition, Fire, .44 Trumps, Evil BP balls, x-rocks, and a few .52s. Didn't hit the .52s real well.
And that is with the fat grip still on it (that I hate).
I only bought this bat for bp and cold weather. Now I have to think about it.

Update: After several bp sessions and one tourney this weekend, I'm not sold on this bat. The distance compared to my back-up Dudley is now about the same (approx. 200 swings each) But the SS is smaller. Hit well with the Z on saturday, but on sunday, being tired and hung over I couldn't find that SS. I switched back to the Dudley and was much more consistent.

My opinion now, great distance when you put the SS on the ball. Just no forgiveness at all if you don't.
In my hands, the Dudley is still my gamer without a doubt.
But at $59 it will be my BP/cold weather bat.