Salomon Speedcross 3's?

pontiacfb78

Star Player
if you don't mind butt ass ugly colors

The colours are pretty hideous. I was told by my local store (Vancouver, Canada) that we can only get the red/black Felraisers up here until at least September. No reason why, just that they wont ship any other colours to us. And they wonder why so many people order them online from the U.S..

Jammer

Coach
Ok, just received my first pair of Speedcross 3's. They fit great but what do you guys do with the extra string once tightened up?

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Ok, just received my first pair of Speedcross 3's. They fit great but what do you guys do with the extra string once tightened up?

There should have been an insert to show you where to tuck the lace. I am not sure if it the same as the Fellraisers but on those you stick the lace/rubber thing inside a small strap on the tongue.

scu duner

Addicted to Softballfans
I like them but im on my second pair. Got one season which is 14 games. one of the front lugs was ripped off. I took them back to where i got them and they said these are trail running shoes not softball shoes. i kinda laughed and said well the softball fields are nowhere near as bad as some of the trails around here. i got another pair. hopefully they last longer then a season.

Jammer

Coach
There should have been an insert to show you where to tuck the lace. I am not sure if it the same as the Fellraisers but on those you stick the lace/rubber thing inside a small strap on the tongue.

Yep, that worked. Thanks man.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
I like them but im on my second pair. Got one season which is 14 games. one of the front lugs was ripped off. I took them back to where i got them and they said these are trail running shoes not softball shoes. i kinda laughed and said well the softball fields are nowhere near as bad as some of the trails around here. i got another pair. hopefully they last longer then a season.

Contact Salomon, they will take care of you.

scu duner

Addicted to Softballfans
I took them back to where i bought them. They replaced them for me. But said if it happened again i might need to try a different shoe.

mihklo

Yes they will. Same thing happened to me. They sent me a new pair and I got to keep the old. Very painless process too

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Apparently they have a 3 year warranty on Salomon shoes. IDGAF what turf or cleat you buy, no one else is giving you a 3 yr warranty or even a 6 month warranty. Definitely worth the investment.

Joker

after i took that stupid lace system they have out, they are the best shoes i've had for softball

markf

Addicted to Softballfans
Funny... I had never heard of salomons till 3 weeks ago, then picked up a pair on recommendation from some friends for working out lower leg issues (proper support for shin splints). I thought about using em for softball cause they're trail running shoes and super grippy and thought "nah no one uses trail runners for softball" apparently my initial thoughts are not isolated as I read through this thread.... I'll probably pick up another pair for only softball as my other pair are work shoes. Super comfortable and they've pretty much addressed my leg pains. I'd recommend them in an instant.

I wear 11.5 but mine are 12s. I actually like the bit of extra space.

rainbow warrior

Addicted to Softballfans
I managed to break one of the laces as I frayed them and ripped them in half while pulling too tight. Called Salomon, they sent me a replacement pair in yellow (to match my teeth) for $1. Great customer service :) These shoes have gotten me through softball games, tourneys, and Mt Baldy :)

zachd

The Veteran
I went and tried some of these on at REI.. they are pretty comfortable. Maybe not as light as I would have thought but I wear NB minimus-type shoes around they probably weight like 5 oz so everything seems heavy compared to them.

Like someone mentioned on this thread.. once you get in to trail shoes then that opens up the possibility of dozens of different trail shoes to use (some cheaper, different styles). I noticed the lugs on the Speedcross are actually longer than those on my NB cleats. That's probably good for outfield grass, it might not be an advantage on packed dirt or caliche.

I'm also wondering if/why people prefer the Fellraiser models.. I read about them they are designed for Brits who like to run DOWN Steep hills haha. Not sure how that translates to a softball shoe (the heel / toe raise is different than most shoes).

Overall I'm just chicken sht to pull the trigger on some new shoes I have this irrational fear of busting my ass rounding a bass.

s.paternostro

Star Player
I went and tried some of these on at REI.. they are pretty comfortable. Maybe not as light as I would have thought but I wear NB minimus-type shoes around they probably weight like 5 oz so everything seems heavy compared to them.

Like someone mentioned on this thread.. once you get in to trail shoes then that opens up the possibility of dozens of different trail shoes to use (some cheaper, different styles). I noticed the lugs on the Speedcross are actually longer than those on my NB cleats. That's probably good for outfield grass, it might not be an advantage on packed dirt or caliche.

I'm also wondering if/why people prefer the Fellraiser models.. I read about them they are designed for Brits who like to run DOWN Steep hills haha. Not sure how that translates to a softball shoe (the heel / toe raise is different than most shoes).

Overall I'm just chicken sht to pull the trigger on some new shoes I have this irrational fear of busting my ass rounding a bass.

Highly unlikely with SpeecCross 3's man!

zachd

The Veteran
Well, I may take the plunge. If nothing else I'll start running those obstacles races and sht probably get less injured doing those than playing softball.

s.paternostro

Star Player
Well, I may take the plunge. If nothing else I'll start running those obstacles races and sht probably get less injured doing those than playing softball.

I'm pretty cheap and I had no problem paying $100 for mine once I wore them for a few games lol. The risk was worth the reward IMO

zachd

The Veteran
Got 'em. Debated for way too long between the red/yellow ($75) or straight black ($100). Ended up going with Black but got $60 amazon gift card so $40.. sorta.

Joker

these lasted all of 3 months

CIMG7924.jpg

CIMG7926.jpg

Pdpwally

Coach
now call salomon and get a replacement pair for free... no other manufacturer will stand behind their product like that.

Tymntgmry

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine tore in the same spot, I called Salomon and just got my new pair last week. I chose the Fellraiser's cause they have a wider toe box. Awesome warranty and easy to get a replacement

jrbmagoo

I would also try my best to only wear them on the field instead of walking around much on concrete in them. Like many other turfs this will greatly decrease the life of your nubs and grip.

zachd

The Veteran
Mine tore in the same spot, I called Salomon and just got my new pair last week. I chose the Fellraiser's cause they have a wider toe box. Awesome warranty and easy to get a replacement

Do you mean you had speedcross and they will send you fellraiser as replacement?

Would be interested if you have tried both the differences other than toe box.
If the difference in the drop has much effect positive or negative.