Secret Santa 2010 What did you get thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
I don't know if $100 is going to fly, so guys sdon't spend that much on each of their family memebers and with the economy the way it is, that might be tough. I could see around $60, but if $100 is what is decided then so be it. For me being overseas it is easy to gather stuff throughout the year and send it as a gift.

rawlsy32

I'm that guy
I just wish my SS would post a pic of the gifts I got him. I forgot to take pics before I sent the package out. :(

Me too! He has said he would but still hasn't and the only reason it says he's received is b/c i said it was..he hasn't even posted he got his stuff..and I thought it was some pretty legit stuff..

Bullets#57

Me too! He has said he would but still hasn't and the only reason it says he's received is b/c i said it was..he hasn't even posted he got his stuff..and I thought it was some pretty legit stuff..

Same here. Told me he would post a pic, but that was last week. I put a lot of thought and effort into my gifts and would love for them to be shared.

LunaJ58

Addicted to Softballfans
$100 min would cut out I would guess half of the participants. What about having 2 different levels, maybe a 35 dollar level and a $100 level. If this was already mentioned forget I said anything.

LunaJ58

Addicted to Softballfans
As long as I get grandfathered in I'm good with this. I have less than 10 GTG's but want to still be able to take part next year, this was a blast.

Maybe have a higher GTG limit with a grandfather rule if you participated previously like there is currently in place.

I dont have have that much positive feedback either, but I like the idea of being grandfathered in

rawlsy32

I'm that guy
Same here. Told me he would post a pic, but that was last week. I put a lot of thought and effort into my gifts and would love for them to be shared.

Me too I thought my stuff was sweet..I shoulda took a pic beforehand

$100 min would cut out I would guess half of the participants. What about having 2 different levels, maybe a 35 dollar level and a $100 level. If this was already mentioned forget I said anything.

this guy is a good SS and had a good ass guy as a recipient ;)

Jazzyc91

Me too I thought my stuff was sweet..I shoulda took a pic beforehand

this guy is a good SS and had a good ass guy as a recipient ;)

Same here I thought the stuff I got my guy was nice and wish I would have taken a pic cause he didn't post on here and he didn't say thanks or anything.

christophero

USS BHR LHD-6 SOFTBALL
one thing you have to take in to consideration as well is that you have a whole year left so im sure those GTG's will go rise by a whole lot.... i had a blast this time being my first time and i will be ready for the next one...

mrfreez

Master Power Bunter
This being my first year in. I had a blast! It was great sending my SS some stuff (one gift went right away, the second made it a bit after xmas {gd - USPS}). Also what i received was above and beyond. I hope they let me back in next year, I'm new to SBF & haven't done a lot of transactions.

LunaJ58

Addicted to Softballfans
This being my first year in. I had a blast! It was great sending my SS some stuff (one gift went right away, the second made it a bit after xmas {gd - USPS}). Also what i received was above and beyond. I hope they let me back in next year, I'm new to SBF & haven't done a lot of transactions.

Great gifts from mrfreez, very gtg.

Jbird11

Great gifts from mrfreez, very gtg.

Blah blah...

I vote, $35+ Nooobville SS. $100+ Goodfellas club SS for 2011.

JM.02tho.

Stallings18

Outsider Looking in!
Blah blah...

I vote, $35+ Nooobville SS. $100+ Goodfellas club SS for 2011.

JM.02tho.

I would go with this.. I think most of the issues are people who have less than 500 post and less than 10 Transactions. If a GTG guy wants to only be in the lower cost one than thats fine but No Noob can be involved in the Goodfellas one.

I was hoping my SS would post pictures also.. He did say Thank you and he liked what I sent him but spending over 100.00 on gifts, I would have liked to see pictures.. I thought it was part of the SS to post pics of what you received? But It could have just been a courtesy thought.

Joe#25

Addicted to Softballfans
Whatever happens happens. I have done this 3 years. I dont have alot of post or transactions but we will see what pans out here.

Shorty#34

i would think raising the minimum to $50 spent on the gift(s) - NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING, would be sufficient

as far as some of the gifts thought to have no thought or research, i know from past years that i participated in the SS, i had people that had a great amount of deals, but hardly ever posted on the board, so no real hints on what they were into and such, so i had to improvise.

you can spend $50 (w/o shipping again) and make someone one helluva gift basket, that would surely make almost anyone happy during the holidays

as far as the guys sending bats and other expensive gifts out, that is their choice.

i see no need to segregate one member from another, just because they cant afford it..set the minimum at $50-75 and leave it..

the purpose of this event , is GIVING more then recieving, and most of all HAVING FUN!

maybe sonic could get some helpers during this event to police entries, so that someone with bad deals doesnt get in..just an idea

DEHeart24

Addicted to Softballfans
I would go with this.. I think most of the issues are people who have less than 500 post and less than 10 Transactions. If a GTG guy wants to only be in the lower cost one than thats fine but No Noob can be involved in the Goodfellas one.

I was hoping my SS would post pictures also.. He did say Thank you and he liked what I sent him but spending over 100.00 on gifts, I would have liked to see pictures.. I thought it was part of the SS to post pics of what you received? But It could have just been a courtesy thought.

send me something bro I will post a pic!!! :D;)

mrfreez

Master Power Bunter

Ha ha, I'd be one of the Noob's and $35 wouldn't have even covered the shipping. I'll have to make some transactions this year and post more often.

freakazoid

I do it B.I.G.!!!
OMG!!!! Spud hooked this guy up!... above and beyond expectations, btw i think u almost killed my mailman he had trouble carrying that box.:D

GEDC1530.jpg

Tyja factory player roller bag
Tyja spikes
2 Tyja dri fit shirts (black n gray)
Tyja pants (black n gray)
Boombah heat gear shirt (black n gold)
Boombah performance shirt (pink)
Cheaters 2010 YMCA Champs shirt (red)
Power Balance bracelet (black)
Power Balance necklace (black)
3 rolls mueller tape (black, yellow, white)
Nakona glove conditioner
5 Trump Xrocks (44 375)
Axe body wash and scrubber (great cuz mine is about worn out)
Bag of Sterzings chips
Brianas salsa (mild and habenero:eek:)
John Deere hat
John Deere calender
....... im pretty sure i didnt forget anything if i did im sorry...
oh btw, THERES ANOTHER PACKAGE COMING!!!
SPUD is gonna give me a SS overload:D

Thanx a ton bro MERRY XMAS to u and ur family, u have definitely put me fully into the xmas mood with this. i cant say it enuff... THANK YOU!

Package 2 update...
package 2 arrived today with...
a badass steeler blanket
an Iowa Hawkeyes shirt
a Hawkeyes candybar
and a bunch of gloves im assuming for work...

thanx again spud!

package 2 update...

Hits Happen 20

Endless Retirement tour
As someone who has been apart of this the past two years I hope it doesn't get raised to $100. This would most likely knock me out. I think there should be a minimum and maybe a maximum. To say giving someone a champion shirt that maybe free doesn't require much thought to me is the same as just giving a bunch of gifts off a list.
How much thought is there to that? You say what manufactuer you like, what weight etc, etc. I think next year should just have sizes, team colors and family members. and no wish list threads... make people truly investigate and learn about their SS. Rather then buy them what they want from their lists which uses little thought. IMHO.

BitLumpkin

Choach
As someone who has been apart of this the past two years I hope it doesn't get raised to $100. This would most likely knock me out. I think there should be a minimum and maybe a maximum. To say giving someone a champion shirt that maybe free doesn't require much thought to me is the same as just giving a bunch of gifts off a list.
How much thought is there to that? You say what manufactuer you like, what weight etc, etc. I think next year should just have sizes, team colors and family members. and no wish list threads... make people truly investigate and learn about their SS. Rather then buy them what they want from their lists which uses little thought. IMHO.

ehh, you're looking too far into it. you list the things you like, and then people can dig as much or as little as they want. wish list threads are good. SS is good.

djscream702

Addicted to Softballfans
If it ain't broke don't fix it. never gonna have 100 % success thats the nature of this. I say leave it as is. Sonic does a great job of running this!!!! "those who try and reinvent the wheel always come up with a square."

dan83

Addicted to Softballfans
Sonic has contacted me and said that my SS had contacted him about being taken out of the SS because he was going overseas for the peace corp. Sonic just overlooked this which is ok because he has had a lot of stuff on his plate this and his wedding, christmasn new years eve tis brother is busy as heck. He said he would take care of this so I never had a deadbeat.

Thanks Sonic for letting me know.
Dan

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
I was going to wait until my third (yes, THIRD) package arrive, but I cannot let Whitehall go without massive thanks any longer. Dude totally hooked a BROE up:

6b7884d8.jpg

Louisville Voltage
Worth Toxic Titan
UA Compression Shorts
UA Compression Long Sleeve (in the wash, already used it)

I am told there is a third package filled with Deer jerky, summer sausage, and some other softball goodies.

I knew my wife was fibbing when she said I was naughty this year.

Thanks again and pics will be posted when the next box comes in!

And the THIRD box came in today!

photo-1.jpg

Included is:

2 packs Deer summer sausage
1 bag Deer Jerky
2 Rolls Black Tape
1 Pair UA Gloves

I hope I am lucky enough to be given Whitehall as my SS recipient next year, because this dude deserves to get taken care of. Thanks again bud!!

Joe#25

Addicted to Softballfans
received my other gift today from TheJuggster. It was one of the Demarini sweatshirts someone designed .

Status
Not open for further replies.