Selling Section Rant

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
Gotta question......How hard is it to put the correct bat your selling in the correct subforum. Also, do people read the stickies at the top of that selling area? This isn't nothing new boyz and girlz. Not that hard of a concept. All it does is cleans the selling section up to make it easier to find what you are looking for. So for all of you that don't read the sticky, stop blowing my PM box up, just because you can't read. If its a thread of yours I've deleted on accident, I'm sorry PM and I can reopen.

That's all

Last edited:

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
btw...shouldn't this be in the selling section? maybe the lounge? certainly not the open board ;)

gooch43

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else notice that there are threads that are always at the top of the page? I'm going to look into this...

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
Cause they get bumped down, then ppl get mad cause they didn't see to know what is going on when there thread gets deleted. So I'll keep it at the top for a lil while longer, then I'll take it down

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
I used to get tons of visitor messages asking why their threads were deleted, it got to the point I had to put in my visitor message,
If you are here because your thread keeps getting deleted in the selling section please read the stickies before posting.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=527351

No matter how much attention we bring we will continue to delete posts, if they don't read the use the proper forums sticky they probably wont read this one either :)

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
as someone who just got a thread deleted...I posted my bat I was trading in the "open" bcus not everyone is looking for a specific bat and when going through the "open" section they may see something they like that didn't really cross there mind or they might stumble on a good deal that they want to pick up on or even see a new bat they hadn't come across before, don't forget all the "noobs" that are popping up, right...some ppl don't even bother to go to specific manufacturers sections, I will go to the "open" section and just go down through and if I see something that interests me I will check it out...honestly I don't see what the big deal is or what section it is in...you see it all the time and threads will stay open forever and not get moved or deleted...rules are only rules if they are regularly enforced, not just when someone gets bored and decides to enforce them....jmo and don't really care what anyone else has to say about it.

Joker

as someone who just got a thread deleted...I posted my bat I was trading in the "open" bcus not everyone is looking for a specific bat and when going through the "open" section they may see something they like that didn't really cross there mind or they might stumble on a good deal that they want to pick up on or even see a new bat they hadn't come across before, don't forget all the "noobs" that are popping up, right...some ppl don't even bother to go to specific manufacturers sections, I will go to the "open" section and just go down through and if I see something that interests me I will check it out...honestly I don't see what the big deal is or what section it is in...you see it all the time and threads will stay open forever and not get moved or deleted...rules are only rules if they are regularly enforced, not just when someone gets bored and decides to enforce them....jmo and don't really care what anyone else has to say about it.

its not what you're looking for, its what you're getting rid of that determines the section it goes it. unless you're looking for a specific bat. people can't understand that either

TheGriffin

Live free or die
You would solve this problem by having no choice but to post your thread in a sub-forum.

Have a sub-forum for each major company, and then one sub-forum for other manufacturers/mixed sales.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
You would solve this problem by having no choice but to post your thread in a sub-forum.

Have a sub-forum for each major company, and then one sub-forum for other manufacturers/mixed sales.

how is this different than the current format :confused:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
its not what you're looking for, its what you're getting rid of that determines the section it goes it. unless you're looking for a specific bat. people can't understand that either

Joker, I completely understand what you are saying, let me use an example so I can kinda get at what I mean...

say I'm not a fan of Miken so I never go to the Miken selling section, but as I'm going through the "open" section I come across a thread that says "Miken Recoil for sale cheap, need to sell asap" I feel this type of selling thread is fairly common and even though I don't like Mikens I know that if it is really cheap and in good condition I can resell locally or know someone that is looking for one and I can use it for trade bait...I'd never come across that particular sale if I didn't bother to ever check the Miken selling thread....of cours this is just an EXAMPLE...so if I never checked the Miken selling section then a. I miss out on a deal and b. as I see many times some bats go unsold in there particular manufacturers section, and you'll notice there may be 100 ppl in the selling section but only 5-6 in each individual manufacturers selling section, the "open" section has 10x's the traffic of the indv. manuf. sections thus increasing the seller/traders chance of moving there bat....and ppl say "its easier to find exactly what you want if the bats are listed in there manuf. section"....if bats are in the "open" section if you are looking for something specific what about the almighty search function that you hear so many ppl ***** about never being used...this is all jmo, maybe only ranting bcus my thread was deleted and I feel its for an extremely lame reason but I don't do much selling/trading, most of my time is spent buying :D

pelynch14

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I got a question, how come I see all these other post saying LTT and their **** does not get deleted but every time I put up one that has LTT it does. WTF

Rickyv

Addicted to Softballfans
wow

I've been away from SBF for awhile didnt realize it had gotten so uptight. I only get on time to time to see whats new and what bats are hot and sell a few here and there. I forgot some peopel cant go a waking moment without being on here....wow

hitBOMBS2

making a ***back
"testing the waters" on a beat to **** scn12bh 30oz. smoking hot. can email pics. looking for niw og freak.

lmk. would sell for $250

when i see **** like this..... it should be perma ban for ignorance

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
"testing the waters" on a beat to **** scn12bh 30oz. smoking hot. can email pics. looking for niw og freak.

lmk. would sell for $250

when i see **** like this..... it should be perma ban for ignorance

mine said LTT/ NOW 28oz Miken NRG Max 500 ASA....

I listed what it was, that it came w/receipt, what I was looking for specifically and had 3 pics, it couldn't have been more clear or detail oriented unless I sent the f'n bat to each person that was interested and let them hold it in there hands, haha

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
I've been away from SBF for awhile didnt realize it had gotten so uptight. I only get on time to time to see whats new and what bats are hot and sell a few here and there. I forgot some peopel cant go a waking moment without being on here....wow

Look at the date of the sticky. Its not like we just started deleting threads a month ago. It was over a year ago that the sticky talked about us deleting misplaced threads

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
yeah but there is no regularity with it, maybe it's hard to keep up with...maybe it's just a matter of when someone gets a stick up there butt and goes on a rampage with the deletions

Lokahi

HAWAIIAN SUPERMAN
how hard is it for someone thats looking for a bat to post up in the buying section vs the selling section? jus saying

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
yeah but there is no regularity with it, maybe it's hard to keep up with...maybe it's just a matter of when someone gets a stick up there butt and goes on a rampage with the deletions

Apply to be a mod then. I can only do so much as one mod. If we didn't have to babysit in some of the other sections, might have regularity. Thanks

optimal_max

whoooo hooooo!
My day wouldn't be complete without a

Thread deleted by teddersx6
Reason: Please put thread in correct subforum.
See above stickies for more info

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Apply to be a mod then. I can only do so much as one mod. If we didn't have to babysit in some of the other sections, might have regularity. Thanks

as much as I'm on this site I cld be, but I don't need ppl like me harrasing me if I was a mod, haha