Settle a bet for me

jneff24

Addicted to Softballfans
brag post

Hit PR today of 345 on bench....did not attempt 350 because I am a *****.

I then hit 225 for 17 reps.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
once again i will defend this same quote, i was not saying that small guys couldnt do it! i was simply saying that a small guy who couldnt do it could still take lifting serious and not achieve that. and also im pretty sure were not talking about competitive powerlifting numbers as this is a softball forum

I'm sure more people could do what is considered good raw numbers(300lb. bench, 400lb. squat, and 500lb. deadlift) if more people actually lifted with the goal of getting stronger. It's such a small number of people that actually trains using a dedicated strength program instead of bodybuilding style.

In the fitness industry males are targeted with bodybuilding style routines. They usually end up with tendonitis in an elbow or knee due to all the isolation and major imbalances all while gaining little strength. As for women they have cardio, more cardio, and light "toning" lifting thrown at them from every direction. Most end up "skinny fat" with none of the "toning" that was promised to them.

I still stand by my statement that a healthy male can reach 300/400/500 with five uninterrupted years of dedicated strength training.

zman025

Addicted to Softballfans
best of all time was in 89 Pa state powerlifting championships @ 181 class
405 bench, 505 squat, 550 deadlift

Untraceable

You wanna party?
I still stand by my statement that a healthy male can reach 300/400/500 with five uninterrupted years of dedicated strength training.

5 years of uniterupted strength training is quite the dedication. I believe that statement. as written providing the male is of atleast average size

5 years is pretty ridiculous though. who is going to actually do that except the people that currently have

jt7

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure more people could do what is considered good raw numbers(300lb. bench, 400lb. squat, and 500lb. deadlift) if more people actually lifted with the goal of getting stronger. It's such a small number of people that actually trains using a dedicated strength program instead of bodybuilding style.

In the fitness industry males are targeted with bodybuilding style routines. They usually end up with tendonitis in an elbow or knee due to all the isolation and major imbalances all while gaining little strength. As for women they have cardio, more cardio, and light "toning" lifting thrown at them from every direction. Most end up "skinny fat" with none of the "toning" that was promised to them.

i agree with that statement, and maybe im wron or just misinterpreted but i dont think this thread started with who could hit that number if they dedicated themselves to doing so, i think it was more of a "who can do it that trains seriously"

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
5 years of uniterupted strength training is quite the dedication. I believe that statement. as written providing the male is of atleast average size

5 years is pretty ridiculous though. who is going to actually do that except the people that currently have

I'm not saying it's common. I'm just talking about human potential. I can't remember who it was, but a well known strength coach said the piece about 300/400/500.

berglin11

Addicted to Softballfans
I usually weigh between 145 and 150

Bench - Around 300 (best ever 315 for 2 reps) I weighed 150
Squat- Around 400 (best ever 405 for 5 reps) I weighed 143
Deadlift - Around 400 (best ever 455 for 1 rep) I weighed 150

That is crazy weight dude!

MR. ASA HOLE

Addicted to Softballfans
What is your total weight lifted for:

Bench
Squat
Deadlift

Throw in your body weight for some extra info. I'm trying to settle a bet with someone from my gym.

Ever?

B: 552
S: 675
D: 720

Did all these in PL events at either 198lbs or 220lbs, albeit a long, LONG time ago. Now, at age 36, with some 20 surgeries under my belt (some for non-lifting related GI stuff), I'm a shadow of my former self but still openly advocate heavy resistance training, despite how it may have come to adversely impacy my health.