Settle a bet for me

Burger1976

Banned User
Actually I'm 5'3", but from fingertip to fingertip I measure 68", so 5'8" for wingspan.

I did the squat part during our performance testing before the season so we got weighed before (that's how I know I weighed 143). I actually wrestled 126 that season, which was back in the days when we usually got to weigh in hours if not an entire day before we had to wrestle. All the testing was personally supervised by our Strength Coach. We also measured VJ, 1.5 mile run, pull ups (hanging onto a rope), power cleans, and bench (only did 290 that day).

I did my best bench and deadlift while I was the Personal Training Director of a Bally Total Fitness in Medford, MA while preparing for the only bodybuilding show I competed in.

DOM713

Addicted to Softballfans
6'1" 188lb's

Only know my 1rm for bench.

Bench 245x1
Squat 315x2 (a2g)
Deadlift 315x8

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Being 5'3'' at that weight makes the lifts much more believable than being 6'3'' 140lbs. and making those lifts. Less distance is traveled on all three lifts he listed than someone taller.

Big D

In the Batter's Box
What is your total weight lifted for:

weigh 295# 6' tall

Bench 375
Squat 505
Deadlift 495

Last edited:

GrandCherokee

Addicted to Softballfans
I wish I could post bigger numbers without it being a lie but I can't.

Bench - 340
Squat - 355
Deadlift - 445

That is at a weight of 232. Man my squat sucks.

6' 220lbs 20% bf (according to a little hand held electro-resistance monitor)

I don't know true 1RM, but these are my current (and basically lifetime) bests:
- Bench: 245 x 3
- Squat: 305 x 3
- Dead: 315 x 3

I never had a bonafide weight training before, and slowly worked up to these off/on for the past 6 years when I first started to get into lifting/fitness. I'm definitely deficient in deads and squats, but never pushed them hard in any of my made up programs. I told my wife recently i'd like to achieve 300/400/500+ for B/S/Ds. raw.

Big D

In the Batter's Box
anything over 300 is a good bench number. I read in men's health a few years ago that the % of men that can bench 300 #'s is very low if I remember right it was less then 10%

Untraceable

You wanna party?
Id bet the percentage of men 25 that can bench a legit 300 is at 1% or less and that number doesnt get any higher

chest

Banned User
I will play but wanna know the bet as well.

weigh 225

Bench:405
Squat: 420x2
Dead: 325 (almost never deadlift cuz back issues)

Of course this was a month+ ago before my hernia surgery lol

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
i bet his bet is how many people lie about there lifting stats. lol

Couple years ago I would probably have sided with you. But now after transitioning from bodybuilder style programs to dedicated strength programs I see what can be done.

I forget which well known strength coach said this, but he said with the right training any man can hit 300(bench), 400(squat), and 500(deadlift) in five years without drugs.

champion2020

Addicted to Softballfans
all i am saying is that most of the softball community is not in the best shape and train to do so. im just being realistic about how things normally are. for an adult male it is considered very good if a male can bench his bodyweight a few times and also double his bodyweight it squats. from what ive noticed numerous times in the gym is most males ONLY bench and work out their upperbody. with this all being said these are my stats when i was a senior in high school about 7 years ago before my knee surgery and i will also post my stats after surgery. and i was a top rated high school pg/sg

high school
6 foot 3 195 lbs
bench 245 x1
squat 295 x1
deads 245x6 never tried a max

after knee surgery
6 foot 3 215-200 lbs
bench 245x2
squat 225x6
dead 225x6

really dont try to max on my legs i just try and keep them strong and prevent injury/muscle weakness

wcoastsoftball

all i am saying is that most of the softball community is not in the best shape and train to do so. im just being realistic about how things normally are. for an adult male it is considered very good if a male can bench his bodyweight a few times and also double his bodyweight it squats. from what ive noticed numerous times in the gym is most males ONLY bench and work out their upperbody. with this all being said these are my stats when i was a senior in high school about 7 years ago before my knee surgery and i will also post my stats after surgery. and i was a top rated high school pg/sg

high school
6 foot 3 195 lbs
bench 245 x1
squat 295 x1
deads 245x6 never tried a max

after knee surgery
6 foot 3 215-200 lbs
bench 245x2
squat 225x6
dead 225x6

really dont try to max on my legs i just try and keep them strong and prevent injury/muscle weakness

Yes, but not everyone gets injured, or recedes in ability.

I was a weakling in HS, I benched 210 in 8th grade then hardly touched a weight after that so my bench was probably 175 or so. I have no idea what my squat and dead numbers were, cause I didn't do them much. I never cared for lifting or lifting numbers anyhow, just-when I lifted-size and more dunking a basketball than anything but had no idea how that translated in the weight room.

Over the last 2-3 years I have brought my dead from a careful (since I never had done them) 225 to now 375 or so, and that is with intermittent training and a non-focus on deads. I would totally agree with Fro Joe on the numbers thing.

DSNuts48

Badass
I had really bad mobility and couldn't preform a squat in correct form. So I hardly threw up any heavy weight. Here's a guess:

Bench: 235
Squat: 215
Deadlift: I don't even know, I usually do 225x6 for three sets. Then again I had bad mobility. Haven't touched this exercise or the squat, but plan on doing so.

Weight: 250

I'm not as strong as you guys. :)

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
6'2" 205lbs

Best of this year.
bench: 330lbs
Squat: 455lbs
deadlift: 635lbs (sumo) Regular 585lbs

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I was strongest at about 190 pounds.

Bench was at 340 for 6 rep sets
Daily routine 350 bodyweight squats or 100 pound jump squats 3 sets of 40
(I hurt myself squatting in high school and never did a regular one again)
Deadlift was assigns 400 in 6 or 8 rep sets.

That was before the cancer and the other crap. I intend to beat all of those numbers if I am indeed healthy again.

Last edited:

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
I wish I could post bigger numbers without it being a lie but I can't.

Bench - 340
Squat - 355
Deadlift - 445

That is at a weight of 232. Man my squat sucks.

Don't worry about the number if your form is good. You can do 500 lbs on squat but if you go down and your back is arched and your knees aren't parallel it won't matter. Smaller numbers and great form will get you the "up" by the judges more than the heavy weight and ****ty form.

Untraceable

You wanna party?
I've got videos of each of my lifts except my raw bench max from 2 weeks ago, I do have vids though of handling 710-730-750 shirted off boards so youd just have to take my word

The Vapors

Addicted to Softballfans
What is your total weight lifted for:

Bench
Squat
Deadlift

Throw in your body weight for some extra info. I'm trying to settle a bet with someone from my gym.

Best ever was 5 years ago @ 275lbs 6'1" 29 yrs old

Bench 405
Squat 495 (belt)
DL 495 (wrist straps & belt)

Never tried anything higher but no way is was getting more than 405 bench.

Currently @ 282 lbs still 6'1" 34 yrs of age.

I don't go higher then 275 on all three. Shoulders, elbows, wrists, and knees can't handle it anymore.

jneff24

Addicted to Softballfans
My buddy said the average "serious" lifter can total 1200lbs on all three lifts. I said no ****ing way.

Apparently I was wrong.

No chance the average "serious" lifter at my gym could do that.

DOM713

Addicted to Softballfans
So what was the bet? That ball players exaggerate their stats? lol

I have no way to prove or disprove any of the numbers these guys posted, but I have no reason not to believe any of them.

You guys in here talking crap need to realize there are people out there that are stronger than you and work harder than you. Being mad about it is just a waste of time.

GrandCherokee

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't worry about the number if your form is good. You can do 500 lbs on squat but if you go down and your back is arched and your knees aren't parallel it won't matter. Smaller numbers and great form will get you the "up" by the judges more than the heavy weight and ****ty form.

Yeah, I agree. I had to re-work my squat about a year ago because I really wasn't going back enough or low enough and was way to quad dominant. You know, I was like most people who squat. I've just been working my hammys and glutes like crazy and trying to get my squat up to good shape. I don't compete in PL so it doesn't matter that much what I put up.

I have no way to prove or disprove any of the numbers these guys posted, but I have no reason not to believe any of them.

You guys in here talking crap need to realize there are people out there that are stronger than you and work harder than you. Being mad about it is just a waste of time.

Even if these numbers are true, which I think they likely are for most the people posting, obviously the only people posting are the ones with descent numbers. It is still a small percentage of people on this board and I am sure the majority are much lower.