image_zpsipln0gis.jpeg

GMP70BK
image_zpswonsipwx.jpeg

GMP700BK w/ 300BK web
image_zpsuzqas2zd.jpeg

GS 12.25 USA
image_zpshokpgcaq.jpeg

Last edited:
Definitely like the fact that it's in a tradition color and the split welting loOKs classy. I do agree that the web would be better wider but it looks like it would break in fine either way. I'll definitely be getting one!

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice review SB. I did ask them if middle cross bar could be 4.5" and if stalls could be tighter. I assume I can choose long laces and pro stiff but I have asked those as well.

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm just happy I made the pics with a personal touch. By the way that 504-3 is ridiculous. Sell me that when you sell me a 1225SL ;)

Podo

"JewDoe"
Thanks SB, but really u had me at the first pic of 12.5"! Very thorough on the measurements as well as the quality of the pics.

Podo

"JewDoe"
Nice review SB. I did ask them if middle cross bar could be 4.5" and if stalls could be tighter. I assume I can choose long laces and pro stiff but I have asked those as well.

These all would make that glove absolutely over the top as far as what I feel most of us really want/like. Please keep us posted on the outcome of the said requests Chad. Thank you.:thumb:

Jen_16

Coach
FIRST IMPRESSION:
If you don't have a 1799.... you could easily mistake it as the same size.
Unless you're a 1799-aholic... The thing that's jumping out to me is the size of the Palm. Anyone else notice how high the palm extends in the pinky and ring compared to the KP92 & 1799? With folks with small hands even be able to reach their fingers into the finger stalls?

image_zpswfqzlcwi.jpeg

LEATHER:
The palm liner is not PI buttery but most people don't even know what that feels like anyways (or even notice).
The only think I don't like about my custom is the liner- it's super slick, especially when you sweat- not at all buttery

CONCLUSION:
Those looking for a slightly shorter 1799 with a smaller hand stall are going to be in love.
Not a fan of the how the KP 4-loop feels TIP so let's see how this goes. If the glove fits, I'll buy 3

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Was just told it could probably be mid July. Other requests they are getting back to me on when they get back next week. Everyone good enough to move forward with the pre-order?

Podo

"JewDoe"
Was just told it could probably be mid July. Other requests they are getting back to me on when they get back next week. Everyone good enough to move forward with the pre-order?

I'd like to know what all they can/will do outta the 4 requests u submitted to them, but yah either way I'll be buying one so.... Pro stiff and 4.5"-4.75" cross bar are the biggest on my list, but tighter finger stalls would be nice too. Longer lace has never been an issue for me. I wouldn't mind either way just hope it's the same "thick" leather SB says it is. Lol

fuzzai

Starting Player
SB, how is the glove TIP? and closing traditional (single break point)? Does it close easy without pain from the laces?

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Both 2iP and traditional will work fine. I think the pocket palm size and shape helps accommodate both grips. The heel can be kept straight or shoeshined (I shoeshine my heels). The location of the hinge corresponds with the wrist opening lacing at the spirals so those that like the "hinged" break-in shouldn't have any problems. Those that also want it to hinge at the thumb should be okay as well.

I wear XL batting gloves but smaller adult hands should be okay. Players with smaller hands are probably used to using 2iP anyways. I included more pics with measurements from the heel to the finger stalls so you all can just measure your own hands to see how far or how much your hands will go in.

Added pics to these previous posts.

Hand Configuration:
http://forums.softballfans.com/showpost.php?p=18709597&postcount=267

Handstall Measurements:
http://forums.softballfans.com/showpost.php?p=18709596&postcount=266