Special Shout out to Coach, SBF, Evil Sports, and Demarini!!!

Lord7

Banned User
I had preordered the new Demarini Aftermath last week and it showed up at my door yesterday!!! The price and service from Coach at SBF simply can't be beat. Hands down the best and really only place to buy bats from is SBF!!!

So I got the bat and was excited to hit it and after the first round it just felt kind of weird. I knew what it was, the handle on the Aftermath is a bit thicker than I'm used to.... My solution was to put some Evil Grip wax on the handle and instantly it did the trick and the bat quickly become one of my favorite all time ASA bats, and I've swung nearly all of them. I absolutely loved the wax, it smelled great and it did what it was supposed to do. Not sure what else you could ask for out of a product, especially so inexpensive. They should make candles out of it because it smells better than any of my wife's Yankee candles.

Finally, here is a 5 minute video of me mashing a combination of Evil original rockets and Evil Lites (great balls btw)... The new Demarini Aftermath feels very stiff at the connection and softer at the barrel. I put about 50 swings on it and it still looks brand new. I imagine durability is going to be great. The ball rockets off the bat.

If you notice in the video, I'm wearing the shirt from one of my four alma maters. If you have any questions or want advice in general, feel free to ask! :)
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR0k3zsO90c[/ame]

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The orange and white 48 cors? Just wondering what the 44 meant. Do you have 44 of them?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should do a video showing how to apply the wax because I dont' get that at all. We used to wax curbs to make them slippery.

Lord7

Banned User
You should do a video showing how to apply the wax because I dont' get that at all. We used to wax curbs to make them slippery.

I had actually planned to do so but my wife drained the camera battery taking vids our our children, so I was unable to make the video that I really wanted to, however I will. It's a really good product and feels nice and tacky.

Wupang

530sports.net
LOL...what advice do you have to give? Your swing is horrible, your hands are out of place and arms don't even extend, looks like a baby T-rex taking bp. Plus you pop out or ground out to my center field or 5 man most of the time! If you could hit right side, you might get better...you can work on that in a cage still, just fyi.

Lord7

Banned User
LOL...what advice do you have to give? Your swing is horrible, your hands are out of place and arms don't even extend, looks like a baby T-rex taking bp. Plus you pop out or ground out to my center field or 5 man most of the time! If you could hit right side, you might get better...you can work on that in a cage still, just fyi.

I can already hit to RF on command, as this video demonstrates:
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPik-eJPGQ0[/ame]

And while you think those are pop outs, they are actually 335 foot homers that your CF can wave bye to as they go over his head and the fence.

Wupang

530sports.net
Show me a real game, I use my corndog in Coed. Coed is for guys that don't get asked to play with mens teams...IJS

Lord7

Banned User
Show me a real game, I use my corndog in Coed. Coed is for guys that don't get asked to play with mens teams...IJS

Here you go: [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnKtWVcLEoQ[/ame]

Now please comment on my league's use of a pitching screen and an extra homeplate, as if that has anything to do with the great hitting demonstration in the video.

prodigy808

Addicted to Softballfans
You only ordered last week and already got one? I ordered on the 6th of June, called customer service yesterday and was told they were already outof stock on first shipment. After PMing Coach I surprisingly have a tracking number for a AM and 26oz. Mercy I previously ordered.

Lord7

Banned User
You only ordered last week and already got one? I ordered on the 6th of June, called customer service yesterday and was told they were already outof stock on first shipment. After PMing Coach I surprisingly have a tracking number for a AM and 26oz. Mercy I previously ordered.

It's because I ordered a 27 and SBF got more 27s in on the first shipment is all.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip

Keoni pimp slappin today.

Roy Hobbs48

Addicted to Softballfans
Lord, take those bats off the net and put them down where the plate would be. All mashers put there spare bats in camera view so everyone knows who you are reppin' :cool:

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
Here you go: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnKtWVcLEoQ

Now please comment on my league's use of a pitching screen and an extra homeplate, as if that has anything to do with the great hitting demonstration in the video.

lol @ your competition here... Not sure if you've played any upper level ball or not but that pitcher is consistently giving you cookies. That doesn't happen much with a good pitcher. You do have alot of co-ed and even some mens rec video. Do you have any competitive mens softball video? (ASA D, C, etc.) Not judging, just asking.

LinebackerU

Caught in a mosh

What weight AM ??

Lord7

Banned User
lol @ your competition here... Not sure if you've played any upper level ball or not but that pitcher is consistently giving you cookies. That doesn't happen much with a good pitcher. You do have alot of co-ed and even some mens rec video. Do you have any competitive mens softball video? (ASA D, C, etc.) Not judging, just asking.

Well, I had to work the count to get those cookies, it didn't just happen. And I have been in a limited number of D tournaments, however I don't video them bc I'm more focused on playing than making a highlight video.

CL22

Addicted to Softballfans
I had preordered the new Demarini Aftermath last week and it showed up at my door yesterday!!! The price and service from Coach at SBF simply can't be beat. Hands down the best and really only place to buy bats from is SBF!!!

So I got the bat and was excited to hit it and after the first round it just felt kind of weird. I knew what it was, the handle on the Aftermath is a bit thicker than I'm used to.... My solution was to put some Evil Grip wax on the handle and instantly it did the trick and the bat quickly become one of my favorite all time ASA bats, and I've swung nearly all of them. I absolutely loved the wax, it smelled great and it did what it was supposed to do. Not sure what else you could ask for out of a product, especially so inexpensive. They should make candles out of it because it smells better than any of my wife's Yankee candles.

Finally, here is a 5 minute video of me mashing a combination of Evil original rockets and Evil Lites (great balls btw)... The new Demarini Aftermath feels very stiff at the connection and softer at the barrel. I put about 50 swings on it and it still looks brand new. I imagine durability is going to be great. The ball rockets off the bat.

If you notice in the video, I'm wearing the shirt from one of my four alma maters. If you have any questions or want advice in general, feel free to ask! :)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR0k3zsO90c

HAHAHA i started this video up in the office and like 4 people told me to stop watching myself on youtube.... i spit my coffee all over laughing

DSNuts48

Badass
Congrats bro! You've come a long way, I remember when you first contacted me after I mentioned the idea of releasing an e-book to the softball community (DSNuts48's becoming a better hitter, opponent, and an even better person). Looks like you followed some of my steps to success and put them to heart! It's good to see someone go from just any co-ed player, to THE co-ed player.

-DSNuts48
Author of DSNuts48's becoming a better hitter, opponent, and an even better person.

prodigy808

Addicted to Softballfans
Ordered a 34/27 J3A and Mercy the same day and was told 1 J3a was left in stock so I bought it. Was told Mercy, j3a would be held till AM arrived so to do in one shipment so I said cool no prob. Fast forward to yesterday and seen posts of folks already having tracking numbers for the AM, and I still hadn't got one. Called CS was told first shipment of AM were already all gone. So I PM Coach and asked to just have the Mercy and J3a shipped to me. Well got an email with tracking for a AM 27 and the Mercy, but no J3a which I had already been charged for and told 1 was left in stock when I ordered.

Lord7

Banned User
Why do you have to pick up softballs behind you if you are hitting off a machine?

Several reasons. The first reason is I always miss the first pitch from loading the machine and walking back to the box. Second reason is that my machine was in a funk and kept throwing balls high, hitting the net. I edited it out bc I thought that would be boring to watch.