STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

Woody54

Coach
From my understanding Terry (former sponsor of ours) who owns TJ's Bar and Grill right down the street from SV that's his land and park (whether it's 50/50 or not idk for sure) but I know he has something to do with the land though.. He is Lynns brother and from what I hear there's some bad blood bewteen Mark & Terry not my business nor do I care but thanks Terry for sponsoring us locally every tourney paying for entry fee and the food there is the bomb..

Woody54

Coach
And yes from my understanding as well Justin Knoke (who owns 33 Bar and grill) in Festus was turned down his offer to buy SV a few years back. His father is a retired board director for Sam Walton (I believe name right) anyway for Walmart so needless to say his father nor him are hurting for money..

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
And yes from my understanding as well Justin Knoke (who owns 33 Bar and grill) in Festus was turned down his offer to buy SV a few years back. His father is a retired board director for Sam Walton (I believe name right) anyway for Walmart so needless to say his father nor him are hurting for money..

Yes it was Justin that wanted to buy it.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I like Mark personally, but he has needed to put money back into the park for years. Nobody expects it to be BMAC or O'Fallon quality, but I see no reason why it can't be Gordie Mac quality considering that park is also privately owned. When it was rolling it had a great softball atmosphere. It's really sad to see Worth Bats that low. My first time playing in it the championship game was relatively late Sunday if I remember correctly.

stlsnappers

Albino Electrician
Mark paid off Terry like 3-4 years ago. He owns everything down there now. I would love to own that place. You put a few bucks in it and it could be really nice.

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
I like Mark personally, but he has needed to put money back into the park for years. Nobody expects it to be BMAC or O'Fallon quality, but I see no reason why it can't be Gordie Mac quality considering that park is also privately owned. When it was rolling it had a great softball atmosphere. It's really sad to see Worth Bats that low. My first time playing in it the championship game was relatively late Sunday if I remember correctly.

I don't know how Gordie Mac was before but now it's not very good and itself could use a lot of work to make it decent to play. It to me is another field that money doesn't go back into at all.

Woody54

Coach
More than a couple bucks my guess around 2-2.5 million... Fix the parking lot to start when you come into the park. Push the fences back 15-20ft (or raise the height of the fences another 10ft to equal distance). Fix the bathrooms/outhouses lol a clean bathroom keeps the family coming back. Lighting on the fields could use upgrades. Benches need to be replaced. Grass in outfields need some tlc.. Biggest $$ pit is going to be the turf needs to be replaced/redone. Enough bitching about this I will say Mark has gave a place for everyone to play whether or not it's the best still I grew up at that park watching my dad ump there and started out playing league there with Wolffs of course. Hate to see the park in that bad shape but something needs to be done. Another thing that could be done is this the park is located at a good spot and would be a good place for a true indoor softball/baseball/soccer/field hockey/lacrosse complex withing 2hrs your at poplar bluff/cape/Columbia/most of central IL image what kind of $$ can be made if that place was build into a indoor facility even with the ground there can add 1-2 fields there with the land (requiring back hauling alot of tons of rock)

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I don't know how Gordie Mac was before but now it's not very good and itself could use a lot of work to make it decent to play. It to me is another field that money doesn't go back into at all.

I haven't played there in two years to be honest. I believe it's run by a different guy now so that could be the difference. Obviously it was never near BMAC quality, but it used to be a nice privately owned ballpark. The outfields were smooth and never had dirt spots. Infielders got consistent hops. I don't know how they are now, but Mac was better than Fenton to give a comparison.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone from the area thought about becoming an NSA director? Idk how they get chosen, but if it's by vote, I figure all he would need is someone to run against him... And boom, we have a new NSA director. But like I said, Idk how any of that works.

Moberly has a 5 field complex that just collects dust on the weekends. It would be a great place for something like that but nobody here knows or cares enough to run something like that. There's quite a few teams around here that would play but now that Jeff City has picked up some NSA you might as well forget about it and USSSA would be too much of a culture shock for this area.

nickde9903

Addicted to Softballfans

It used to be a lot nicer, not as nice as ofallon or bmac but still a pretty good place to play then randy sold it to the girl who really doesn't care to much we showed up at staye a few years ago a hour before it started the fields wernt ready and it ended up getting delayed because she didn't show up untill the time it was supposed to start, when demo called her she was still in bed

doublebagel

Manager
Was the person who hit into the double play in a wheelchair lol

very funny, they weren't slow. I almost had a chance at a 2nd one too but he was 5 feet from the bag as I turned so I held the ball. You should appreciate a lefty turning a double play!

Woody54

Coach
I kid I kid grumpy cat wish I can play but with this new job brewing idk how much league I'll be able to play miss playing in kirkwood unlimited Dingers on the small (big) field

Woody54

Coach
We will be hitting at wilmore again at 6 bring the L3 & yourself I'll break it in for you (as long as I get a decent BP pitcher this time) lol

We will be hitting at wilmore again at 6 bring the L3 & yourself I'll break it in for you (as long as I get a decent BP pitcher this time) lol

Your bp pitcher was still a lot better than mine. :p Snacks and you can take turns pitching if he bothers to show up this time!