the Carolinas

mihklo

either way...how do you have a team that won the eastern worlds eligible to drop down to silver?

only reason they cant drop down to silver is b/c they picked up will/bzo who were both manadatory gold bumps thanks to FMF winning silver supers

I'm not disagreeing that it's dumb. But that's the way the rules are.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
the reason I was looking for the bracket is i was going to point out a Point System success story from this weekend. I dont want to say anything without knowing how everything turned out.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
I was going to take one Cliff but they took the brackets down for Silver and Gold long before the ship in Bronze. Good talking to you this weekend man. Enjoyed watching yall beat up on those northern boys.

it is always great to see you and catch up. Im not sure which game you are referring to we played a bunch of teams from the north and one of them beat us to death. lol

mihklo

Not filled out all the way. But there's enough there. Do work beat smash mouth in the set back and then got dipped

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
The team i was wanting to point out was AUTO X. They brought Chris Cobb and Tommy Mathis to the silver. Using the Point System meant that the team wasn't loaded up even with two guys with conference experience. Auto X went 2 and 2... so I would think they were in the correct bracket. Cobb and Mathis normally would not have a place to play in SC. This exact situation is the benefit of the Points System.

JRod21

Star Player
The pic of the Loser bracket can be easily filled out lol. All you gotta do is put Gabi's Construction down for a win every game they played. They made a heck of a run thru the losers bracket and never let off the gas until they played Smashmouth lol.

Jsell

Star Player
There's a team here in sc that has played rec for years and have won a bit. Yet the directors keep letting them.

Hell this past weekend at the freedom tourney in Florence. The team that finished 2nd in rec had a minimum of 5 drop downs. Yet they were still allowed to play Rec.

Who won in Freedom last weekend?

mihklo

They were gonna play silver NSA and backed out to play this.
They've won a bit but none of the big ones. They could def compete in comp/silver tho. Although i know they just went thru some changes as far as their team goes.
As many times as they've won in lower.....803 has won more in rec.

Country35

Banned User
win one rec, and get bumped IMO.

E/Bronze, meh an 8 team tourney a couple times a year may not be bump worthy. But anything worth a damn (16-20 teams) should be drawing attention

Country35

Banned User
the major problem with the points per team deal is what in all honesty it encourages teams to play down and make teams that fit lower matrixes. Instead of building the best teams possible. Hence why I think nothing but upper or lower, two brackets, until states time in August. Then you can start to class after seeing a body of work.

ogsoftballplaye

I still agree with the individual rankings like you were saying earlier in the thread. You see teams so much. You know who is a good player and who isn't. You know who is a rec player and who is lower and comp and upper comp.

Country35

Banned User
Yeah man........here is my idea, cuz it would be costly for assocs to keep this up, and I get the leg work involved esp when the next assoc you are competing against will go against what you say;

Committee for everyone in a region;
5 Managers
5 players
5 Umps
The directors

Get together once a month (via email or FB messenger would even work) and VOTE on each players class.

ogsoftballplaye

Yeah man........here is my idea, cuz it would be costly for assocs to keep this up, and I get the leg work involved esp when the next assoc you are competing against will go against what you say;

Committee for everyone in a region;
5 Managers
5 players
5 Umps
The directors

Get together once a month (via email or FB messenger would even work) and VOTE on each players class.

Yeah. You know that ain't happening. Not when another sanction will do the exact opposite and let anyone and everyone play with them in any class they want to pretty much

mihklo

From what I know they have lost at least 4 guys. Some good and some of their weaker. And another just had a baby.

mihklo

Country you would get a kick out of it if you seen the manager of 803 wall with all the plaques he has won primarily in rec

Country35

Banned User
Honestly, some of those were probably hard fought victories too, but meh, I'd rather be a forgotten average D player now than brag about winning a rec stuff over and over.

Like aye man I shot 77 today at the country club, but I played from the reds and gave myself a mulli each hole.

Damn I'm 31 and so down and cynical about the game its sad anymore.

(for all my haters my church team is playing church upper league)

snoww01

The Veteran
I've only been playing ball for 5 yrs and they didn't even have rec when I started ...its a joke ...I would quit before I played rec...that's for weeknights

cjf20

Addicted to Softballfans
The team i was wanting to point out was AUTO X. They brought Chris Cobb and Tommy Mathis to the silver. Using the Point System meant that the team wasn't loaded up even with two guys with conference experience. Auto X went 2 and 2... so I would think they were in the correct bracket. Cobb and Mathis normally would not have a place to play in SC. This exact situation is the benefit of the Points System.

Apparently my pullover had too many points, because Smashmouth protested it! Luckily, I won my appeal and got to keep it on for the rest of the tourney :)