the Carolinas

cjf20

Addicted to Softballfans
Smashmouth said my pullover was too bright (you know, the one i've worn for YEARS. Not sure how it's still in one piece...lol). Umpire told me to take it off. I said no. The field umpire told me I had to take it off. I told him to F off. Told them to call the director (Jeff). Jeff said I could wear it.

Softball...giving grown men something to whine and complain about for the past decade

JRod21

Star Player
How bad was that umping out there for you guys that played ?

Most of our games the umps were pretty good, except for one game when we played Yeti (Mass). We had a play at 2nd, guy hit a double and our CF threw it in and it was very close. Our SS asked for an appeal and you thought he insulted him. Ump blew up screaming there is no need for an appeal, he kept yelling you think I'm blind! Then the ump behind the plate never moved at all during the entire game. I think he was just ready to go home, he seemed butt hurt the whole game lol.

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Help my time Foley. People will complain about anything I'm gonna protest that old beanie next time

mihklo

In all honesty this was prob the worst umping I've had in a NSA tourney maybe ever. So many blatant missed calls. And multiples from one guy in seperate games. The thing that irks me the most is when they don't hustle to get into position. Play at third and he's standing behind the plate.

WillW3

Starting Player
Trust me guys, it couldn't have been anywhere near the calls we had in Florence by the same guy. Don't know his name. Guy on first base, ground ball hit, runner on first takes off, avoids the tag while staying in the baseline. Umpire calls him out of the baseline. The hitter has clearly crossed first and is starting to turn around before the ball ever gets to first (no bulls***) and the umpire calls him out. The team we were playing walked off the field laughing after the inning was over because the call was completely blown. After the game, he says "well, some calls go your way, and some don't." He made several more pretty questionable calls, but that one was out of the question.

pirate#5

Addicted to Softballfans
Foley stop wearing a highlighter yellow shirt when you pitch bud... I would have said something aswell.

The only problem I seen with umpires was pitch height I felt like they were giving 12-13 ft at times.

As for sandbagging. It happens every week
I have friends on both teams who finished 1@2 this weekend in florence, 2nd place team had 3 drop downs from a weaker lower team
1st place team had 1 I think but is time for them to move up not sure if they have lost a tournament this year... I do believe (803) plans on playing bronze this year

mihklo

843 had more than 3 josh. Lol come on. Ronnie, skeet, Donald, timbo, snider and Jt all are lower players.

mihklo

Will....3 times we had guys in front of the base, ball in glove runner slides/runs right into tag and all 3 times runner called safe.

Country35

Banned User
Stretch19 was caught cheating in a HS golf match, pay no mind to him.

Rshane getting lit up again and it aint even me this time, set up the cage match already I want a piece of shane.

pirate#5

Addicted to Softballfans
843 had more than 3 josh. Lol come on. Ronnie, skeet, Donald, timbo, snider and Jt all are lower players.

I'm not sayin g they can't play lower but

But the only ones that play lower are snider,timbo and donald, don't argue with me bettinger lol. I have played with these guys some the majority of them are true rec players

mihklo

I'm not sayin g they can't play lower but

But the only ones that play lower are snider,timbo and donald, don't argue with me bettinger lol. I have played with these guys some the majority of them are true rec players

Even if that were the case you're only allowed 2 drop downs.

Ronnie skeet Jt and Seth all played w me on rukkus last year so that would class them as lower.

I don't really care where they play. But everyone bitches about how rec should be done away with yet the directors allow it to happen.

pirate#5

Addicted to Softballfans
Even if that were the case you're only allowed 2 drop downs.

Ronnie skeet Jt and Seth all played w me on rukkus last year so that would class them as lower.

I don't really care where they play. But everyone bitches about how rec should be done away with yet the directors allow it to happen.

Softball is so stupid lol. I'm retiring

ogsoftballplaye

The only problem I seen with umpires was pitch height I felt like they were giving 12-13 ft at times.

This was rampant throughout the weekend. Seemed like every game. The game we played against HFB, I bet the ump changed his strike zone 3 or 4 times. However the last 2 games we played they let the guy from Kryptonite throw pretty flat. I mean the ball would never get chest high from the mound to the plate. This was only my 2nd NSA tourney but the tourney was ran pretty well but the umps were horrible imho from what I observed. Definitely was no hustle to get into position to make a call.

Country35

Banned User
I think I'm gonna challenge Rshane to a cage match at one of the tournies, should help with the draw for him actually. I need a manager tho, stretch19 is a little overplayed.

Stretch19

Grow up
Everyone is making it out like hb and b&b dislike each other or have a problem with one another, when it is actually the opposite we both respect each other alot

i havent seen anyone here say anything of the sort...i just heard yall were finally gonna be in the same place this weekend and a lot of folks were excited about it; but then things fell through

jrxp

Pull side Judy
Patrick pulled his hamstring Sunday in the setback and Trap, Crackhead and Mitchum Cant play. Glover couldnt play on Sunday. Long trip missing those 5 guys.

Pull up of a few of the fallen gold players from HFB u should be fine ;)