We are getting boring!

Dogue

Evil Genius
It'll get better because eventually we'll all forget the old posts and we'll rehash those conversations...

Normy

Well spice it up then! I think a lot of people are scared of Joker and his chronies putting the hammer down on their threads. If you're like me, it makes you want to do it all the more. Behind those cyber bullies are big fuzzy Teddy bears :p

Bow Commander

Nah, someone will be sure to point out that the subject has been discussed before and take a dump on the thread
Yep, without fail. It could have been talked about 6 years ago and the same one dumbass will call you an idiot for posting instead of reading through old ass information instead. I've never seen so much discouragement to post on any of the other dozen forums I'm on, compared to this one.

Batalot

Im just saying we use to have new topics daily. Now they are few and far between.

Someone keeps reminding you to search and rehash 4 million old posts for a topic, and then comment on what a douche you are if you don't.

Yeah, if you are not a moderator, you have no business telling other members what to say or what the quality of the post is. If the post is garbage and out of line, it's what a mod is for.

Normy

Sometimes you just gotta laugh and move on...
Good news is my season opener for men's league is tonight, and coed is tomorrow. 5 month downtime is FINALLY OVER!
I've never had a worse case of cabin fever. Our coed starts the end of this month. Haven't played since October. Woke up this morning to a few inches of snow. That's the bipolar state of Michigan for ya. Good luck tonight!

D-ROCK13

Yeah same here, normally we hit bp and take infield through most of the so called Arkansas winters. This year we actually had a winter and haven't gotten to get out much at all. And already been rained out for the openers, twice lol

westtexas

"Godfather"
Ive been here since 2004 when this site came into existence...I have seen the idiots come and go. And trust me we have had real idiots..lol. One thing I could count on in the past was that we were all men and nobody got butt hurt...We just laughed at idiots. Back in the day a newbie could ask a question and get help without someone saying..use the search key. I miss those days I guess.

Batalot

Ive been here since 2004 when this site came into existence...I have seen the idiots come and go. And trust me we have had real idiots..lol. One thing I could count on in the past was that we were all men and nobody got butt hurt...We just laughed at idiots. Back in the day a newbie could ask a question and get help without someone saying..use the search key. I miss those days I guess.

Old posts tend to be, well, old posts and should be left to the archives. Most forums discourage searching and bringing up old threads as it keeps the forum rather stagnant and dated. You want to create new threads and new posts. New threads will keep the forum current, vital and conversation flowing.

westtexas

"Godfather"
Well for all you snow bound guys. We have had one day of rain last 4 months. 80 one day 29 the next..lol. On the bright side I get to leave tomorrow to run down to the border to play 55s in the dry heat of El Paso...We have coed tonight and we are expected to have sustained winds of over 40mph. Sure hope Im on the field with the wind blowing out....

Normy

Well for all you snow bound guys. We have had one day of rain last 4 months. 80 one day 29 the next..lol. On the bright side I get to leave tomorrow to run down to the border to play 55s in the dry heat of El Paso...We have coed tonight and we are expected to have sustained winds of over 40mph. Sure hope Im on the field with the wind blowing out....
Just watch out for those nasty knucklers!

ETDave

Old School
Well spice it up then! I think a lot of people are scared of Joker and his chronies putting the hammer down on their threads. If you're like me, it makes you want to do it all the more. Behind those cyber bullies are big fuzzy Teddy bears :p

I wish Joker would be permanently banned...so tired of his online assaults on here. The site would be better without him in my opinion.

Markous

The Rookie
Old posts tend to be, well, old posts and should be left to the archives. Most forums discourage searching and bringing up old threads as it keeps the forum rather stagnant and dated. You want to create new threads and new posts. New threads will keep the forum current, vital and conversation flowing.

Very rarely do I post but I read pretty much every day. If I had more to add I would post more.

That being said I posted a swing vid in the media section a few months ago and got a lot of help which was awesome. I think its a combination of there not being a whole lot to talk about in winter and not wanting to get flamed for repeating an old topic. Gotta say though I have learned a ton just reading through these forums and it makes my work day feel just a little bit shorter.

denthepitcher

SF Native

In addition, the sport,(as well as the world) is constantly changing. New bats,new balls, new rules etc.So researching information from an old thread may not have the current information a person asking is looking for.

I feel as a Senior player I should (and am happy to) share the information I possess to anyone looking to improve their game, the same way Billy L. and Harold T. taught me when I wanted to improve.

WiLD53

We used to have spirited topics for discussion in here...Is it because we can no longer remember what we are doing..lol
honestly, it never crossed my mind to talk about softball online before... i see most people are into the hitting part but i'm into the pitching and defense part more... i haven't searched to find out if there are threads on defense but i suppose there must be a few...
I wish Joker would be permanently banned...so tired of his online assaults on here. The site would be better without him in my opinion.
i think joker actually helped my thread on the slow pitch slider... our back and forth banter kept it alive and eventually convinced normy to try it... that's why he's got cabin fever... he can't wait to strike fear in a few hitters... :cool:

westtexas

"Godfather"
Important topics like what do you drink to stay hydrated in long hot tourneys..do you drop bat weight as tourney goes on..Do you lift on game day (yes I do0

Normy

honestly, it never crossed my mind to talk about softball online before... i see most people are into the hitting part but i'm into the pitching and defense part more... i haven't searched to find out if there are threads on defense but i suppose there must be a few...

i think joker actually helped my thread on the slow pitch slider... our back and forth banter kept it alive and eventually convinced normy to try it... that's why he's got cabin fever... he can't wait to strike fear in a few hitters... :cool:
Slide em right back to the dugout. Hee haw.

dunkky

this is kinda funny... no one should be afraid of joker.. he is not a boogieman. just ignore. i don't know what makes him sad most of the time, but you know not everyone is same. he does contribute his own way. I for one wouldn't mind posting, but nothing to post lately. there's no such thing as dump question, or repeated question, or whatever. just like anything in the world. things gets recycled over the time and repeat again.

what's the best asa bat? this is not a dump question. this should be posted every freaking week or month. why? cuz people are reviewing new bats every freaking week? best bat last week may not be best this week.

Content gentlemen. No content in a forum is a dead forum.

With that in mind, what's the best ASA bat now??

Normy

this is kinda funny... no one should be afraid of joker.. he is not a boogieman. just ignore. i don't know what makes him sad most of the time, but you know not everyone is same. he does contribute his own way. I for one wouldn't mind posting, but nothing to post lately. there's no such thing as dump question, or repeated question, or whatever. just like anything in the world. things gets recycled over the time and repeat again.

what's the best asa bat? this is not a dump question. this should be posted every freaking week or month. why? cuz people are reviewing new bats every freaking week? best bat last week may not be best this week.

Content gentlemen. No content in a forum is a dead forum.

With that in mind, what's the best ASA bat now??
I already told you...COMBAT! :D