What bat Changed the game for you

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't know about changing the game for me personally because the results were pretty much the same in accomplishments just the ball went farther (mostly open type fields) when hitting and playing the outfield had to throw the ball further to get back in.... I liked the 34-36 oz aluminum bats like the Steele's as they came out - didn't care for the Demarini's - favorite was TPS line.....had some pretty good Nike Airs too.....

The OG Miken changed the game - for everyone.....I can still see how far the very first launch went from that bat......

The DDW changed things. It took things up a notch. A year or two later the Genesis (and somewhat the OG Mizuno) changed things again because they were made completely different. Then the Ultras showed up (with .47/525's) and everyone that played more than a year wanted to quit. It was that ridiculous.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
Dan Schuck Reflex. Up until that point I thought I was GTG with that black/gold 7046 34oz Easton I'd been swinging since high school. Then the "good cold weather bat" Velocit-E showed up. You know, because composites were logs.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
26933_1347909211138_2926103_n.jpg

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I never paid attention until a couple years after the ultras were banned(but I have a suspicion looking back that we probably played against a few while we were swinging the 23oz FP bats the girls on our team brought...)

anyway, for me I'd have to say it was the demarini juggernaut. it changed things for me, because I realized that a 300dollar bat wasn't any better than a 150dollar bat, and it's really all about feel, since all the bats are restricted by the rules, not the technology

Cuervo13

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton Ea70 blue and gold & red and gold

Learned the art of hitting with that stick

Everything after that was just gravy

Too many players today need the stick to do the hitting for them

Beauner

Starting Player
I just started playing in 2009. My first bat was the Demarini Double Wall (my cousin gave it to me after he moved on to the newer bat lines). I liked it quite a bit.
But my "game-changer" was the Miken Denny Crine Psycho. That bat was just insane when it got opened up.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
Miken Freak Plus. Simply because I'd never swung a composite bat up to that point. Going from an Easton V12 to anything with new technology would've impressed me I'm sure.

DUNNY51

Addicted to Softballfans
For me there are 4 waves that changed Asa
1. Ultra and ultra 2
2. Freak and syn2 (I'll add OG Crush just bc it was my favorite of the 3)
3. Voltage
4. Z1000 and other non linear bats

First bat I ever swung was redline, first bat I ever bought was black and gold B52

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
'97 DDW was the first bat that really made me want a special bat but couldn't afford one. Hit a Freak98until it webbed and that was a game changer for me.