What is the best 3 ASA bat you have ever swung?

dave2130

Addicted to Softballfans
im just starting to play more ASA, so from my limited experience:

1 ssr2
2 blue pst
3 og crush

honorable mention: demarini F4, until it folds up like a tin can in the cold weather

swingaway06

Addicted to Softballfans
OG Extended is my hands down #1. Wish I had the $ to afford to replace the one I broke. Probably the Freak 98 ranks 2nd on my list then my SSR2 I just got last year is quickly becoming one of my favorites the more it gets broke in.

GZ-JT

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't hit well with my Mandingo. Maybe it's just me. Stick with the Flex.
Not sure why people have five bats in their sig and that don't have a flex. Sell two and spend the $300 on one. You won't regret it.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
I had a couple flexes, very nice bats, but I like SCN5's as much and they half the price! Also my Juggy and Cattys will hit right with any flex any day, they are also half the price!

So In other words I would take a Juggy and Catty or SCN5 over 1 flex any day of the week!

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't have a Flex because they're maybe on par with my 1B and nowhere near my 5Bs. I'd also only have to sell one of my five if I wanted a Flex ;)

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Not "hype". Its da troof...

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's hype. It's one of the best ASA bats in history. It just might not be for everyone.

Didn't mean to bash the flex, it's a fine bat that hits with other top asa bats but it's not a super magic bat.

jtepn87

Addicted to Softballfans
Recoil, OG Flex, Freak 98(possibly the best ASA bat ever for the 98mph rules once broken in). Runners up are og extended and pst. Now the old Tiphoon was once ASA legal as well as the U2, Freak and SYN 2 all of which are better than the first 5 bats mentioned.

gsus03

Banned User
Recoil, OG Flex, Freak 98(possibly the best ASA bat ever for the 98mph rules once broken in). Runners up are og extended and pst. Now the old Tiphoon was once ASA legal as well as the U2, Freak and SYN 2 all of which are better than the first 5 bats mentioned.

I couldn't agree more about the freak98 being right up there at he top for Asa bats...it is personally the best/hottest/#1 asa bat for me actually the best all around bat I have ever swung period...what I'm anxious to see is if my recoil can get as hot as my last f98...tons of people have said the Asa recoil has a very similar feel as the f98 yet actually out performs it Only time and a bunch more swings will tell

GZ-JT

Addicted to Softballfans
Ever notice that the bats people list are always in their sig?

Most of these bats listed will never hit as good as broken in Flex or EXT. I do agree that the OG SCX2 and OG freak are as good as it gets. I won't put the Ultra in there because it got banned in U-Trip also. That bat was a game changer for sure.

punchtheclown18

Addicted to Softballfans
OG Flex and M7598....I would use both of these bats once they are broken-in over most utrip bats in utrip play. I wasn't around when the og freak was legal but that is another of my favorite utrip sticks. These 3 bats last forever and the end leg of their lifespan they are constantly questioned as to whether or not they have been altered. When you know for certain they haven't been altered than you know you have a great bat.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
#1- OG Freak- banned so not sure if it counts, but still one of my favorite bats
#2- Scn3 - If Game was on line and i needed a shell, there isnt a bat i would rather use.. Once broke in and stupid you can miss hit homeruns
#3- Rd28 (actually ive hit a ton of balls with the RD and scn3 back to back in BP) and the RD keeps up with it in distance every time..

Runners up, I just got a 34" scn1b and out of the wrapper it was dropping shots that impressed me for not being broke in, Also got a 34" scn4b and scn5b cant wait to see what they can do once they open up.

A better survey shouldnt be best bats.... Should be best bats that still pass compression , Best bats that you can actually use at major tournaments.... All your OGs would be thrown out.. Never NEVER have i seen a broke in OG easton pass compression test at state or nationals.

So pretty much your OG eastons (and mine) are for showing off at your rec leagues nothing more..

jtepn87

Addicted to Softballfans
Ever notice that the bats people list are always in their sig?

Most of these bats listed will never hit as good as broken in Flex or EXT. I do agree that the OG SCX2 and OG freak are as good as it gets. I won't put the Ultra in there because it got banned in U-Trip also. That bat was a game changer for sure.

I would think that people put their bats on their sig because they like them. But you do make a valid point.