what tournament format do u like to play

USSSA

The Veteran
this will be a 2 day, 3gg tournament entry fee is 250

1. round robin on saturday and then single elim on sunday, teams get 3 games and get to play both days

2. double elimination, some teams will be eliminated on saturday

3. 3gg like a double elimation bracket which is a triple elimination, some teams will be eliminated on saturday

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
In this order....3, 2, 1

Here (NJ) most teams like to be done in 1-day anyway. Single-elim simply stinks though - the best teams don't always finish at the top. Dbl-elim is good but for $250 some teams will only get to play 2 games. 3rd option is the best IF you have the time for the extra couple of games it adds to the tournament.....but tough to do if you have more than 16 teams and less than 4 fields. In that format (#3), the best teams almost always finish where they belong.

AJ22

Super Moderator
All we play around here is format #2 ... but, at that price or entry fee, format#3 would be a better option.

We have many 4-day tournaments around here (playing thursday and friday nights plus all day saturday and sunday). One day tournaments are great, but every tournament you enter you know what you are getting into as far as time frame. Round Robins with a single elimination is pointless as far as I'm concerned. Your first few games don't matter.

n.e.mich

Kind of depends how many teams there are.
If there aren't many teams I always prefer round robins.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
If it can get done in 1 day it should get done in 1 day. What's the point of making guys drive back for possibly 1 game? That's gas, money, and time that most if not all guys would rather save. If you are going to make it 2 days it should at the very least be 2-3 Round Robin games and a double Elim on the next day.

BRAIN

Rookie
All options suck. Just have each team pay up and then throw their names in a bag. Pick the top 3 and be done. This way nobody drives out there or wastes their time. Mail them their prizes. :D

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
Those options are terrible. I wouldn't put a team in. 2 days why can't you get 4GG. How many teams and diamonds?

Last edited:

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
I like option 2 if it isn't a big tourney and it should be a 1 day. I like option 1 if it is a big tourney.

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
3 game rr into a single elim playoff.....and get done on Saturday. Wives are happy to see us sometimes....

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Ill take 3. Round robins suck. You can get screwed very easily in those and it doesnt always determine the best team

Gio

Resident SBF Guitarist
this will be a 2 day, 3gg tournament entry fee is 250

1. round robin on saturday and then single elim on sunday, teams get 3 games and get to play both days

2. double elimination, some teams will be eliminated on saturday

3. 3gg like a double elimation bracket which is a triple elimination, some teams will be eliminated on saturday

...#3 is GTG

Stretch19

Grow up
if its a 2 day tourney, only the best teams should come back on sunday...there is something about playing on sunday that a team that goes 0-3 shouldnt experience...

tmel95

Freedom Sports Director
tournament

I sorta like option 2 , you either win or go home....just like at the states and worlds ......:eek:

But in this day and age of everyone should be rewarded no matter what how they preform I would say the Majority would want option 1.....:rolleyes:

ROCKKROWN

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing. One day. Trying to make money off it definatly #1. The longer you keep teams around drinking the more $ you make.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
More games guaranteed is the way to go for me cuz the ppl who always want to play arent as good as the ones that sometimes say no

Seth57

Addicted to Softballfans
Just played in a good Tournament in Ithaca NY. It was $200 entry fee, 3 game guarantee but double elimination tourney. If you lost your first two games you were automatically in a Consolation Tourney which was single elimination. Out of 4 games we played on Saturday we won our 1st and 3rd game and lost our 2nd game. So we were eliminated from Consolation Tourney because we played our 3 game guarantee. Ended up losing the 4th game and were done Saturday but because we drove over 2 hrs. to get to the Tourney no one was pissed. If we had lost our 3rd game we would've played Sunday morning at 9am. It all worked out I guess.

tzinc

Addicted to Softballfans
I played in a 1 day tournament 4 games basically guaranteed you just need to win 1 game to get to 4 then the 5th game is a final or in another tournament semifinal and the final is your 6th game. Won't do 2 day tournaments.

Beej05

Part Time Player
I know the OP said that its a 2 day tourney, but I would do it in 1 day. I would do option three

txbullets

The OG JayZ
3 is your best option. When I think of RR tournaments I think of cheap 1 day tournaments with tshirt prizes. At $250 there needs to be a better system and most people would rather get a 3 GG. They can be done easily in one day if you don't have a lot of teams and you have enough fields. Usually even if you go 2 days only the top few teams have to come back Sunday and it is done early Sunday. Around here it is an honor to make it to sunday.