Why are Monstas so expensive??

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually, people complained about their prices daily, but those are two separate things. People didn't think Easton the company was run by pricks because the after market value of their bats practically doubled years after they stopped making them. None of those bats you named retailed for 400, or sold for that the same year they were available retail. The Monstas sell used like that because Carl can't provide his bats in a timely fashion.

He's a prick, separate of the quality of his bats, his company's poor CS, or the way he can't seem to keep any sort of production timetable at all. The OG Freaks were the first bats to command ridiculous prices, and it had nothing to do with Miken as a company at all. The hate for Monsta stems entirely from his behavior as a person and a business owner.

Seriously, 340 isn't exactly that much money for a bat with a lifetime warranty. It's not like the 800 NIW, practically NR because they were 4 years out of production Freaks selling on eBay before the 100mph bats were banned.

Very true. The eastons didn't retail for that and the prices were high after they were out of production. The big thing I'm saying is that Carl is accessible. Through phone email and Facebook. Is the owner of Easton, Miken, or any other company? No. Because they don't wanna deal with the consumer as everyone has an opinion on what would make they're company great. And the point I was making is that all these "big companies" are owned by huge companies. They aren't a one man show and they didn't design and build products and a company from the ground up. They hire a team to to it behind closed doors with no avenue to communicate with them. Think about if you got to talk to the actual guys behind the other companies. How pissed would they be to have to dealing with a whole bunch of church league used to be 10 year old bench players in little league wondering why he can't hit bombs with his bats. People are unrealistic these days and so quick to judge everyone. Everyone has an opinion and it gets old. Carl did all this to help the game and did it basically on his own. Everyone will throw a couple hundred bucks Ina new line Miken that fails compression out of the wrapper and break in 100-200 swings and get a warranty return that is the same and do it all over again but won't buy bats because they have heard that Carl is a jerk. Sounds reasonable to me

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
Miken and DeMarini were small time operations at one time, but they ended up getting purchased by larger companies. Why hasn't Monsta gotten scooped up yet?

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
Miken and DeMarini were small time operations at one time, but they ended up getting purchased by larger companies. Why hasn't Monsta gotten scooped up yet?

See comments above in the string about the owner, probably an indicator

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone who has access to the Monsta Militia FB page can see for themselves how much of a jerk Carl is. Has nothing to do with "hearing" he is a jerk, they can see it with their own eyes. He has zero people skills, and has a chip on his shoulder for who knows what reason. He cant take any criticism, and cant deal with anything but people kissing his ass. If anyone dares ask when their bat is being shipped, when the next batch is ready, etc he goes ballistic. Id love to see a list of how many people he has banned from the Militia page just for asking questions.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
Very true. The BLAH BLAH BLAH won't buy bats because they have heard that Carl is a jerk. Sounds reasonable to me

It is reasonable when every company has comparable bats.
Reasons i don't swing them:
Anderson- I'm not a 60 yr old who "loves the feel of metal bats"
Combat - cheap junk
Easton - dislike the Chinese
LS - ****ty durability and customer service
Miken - too stiff
Mizuno - meh
Monsta - douchebags
Worth - for years their "good" bats were 14" barrels

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has probably been approached and he wanted a billion dollars and still be the president and 99% stockholder. What else would you expect from a guy that goes off on sbf ownership because they wouldn't pay full retail to carry his bats and then sell them at no mark up.

RustyShakleford

Tell me more...............

You don't help the game by shutting yourself off in a closed part of Facebook surrounded by only the most loyal of lap dogs.

They made a new bat using new tech as a small company. That's the only positive in this situation. Nothing else about the company actually progresses the sport. They only allow people close to the company that give their undying support. Anyone says anything negative and they are kicked from the group. The ego there is too big and can't handle the real world.

The most common comparison that is made is to Ray DeMarini. He started out as a small company making bats and grew it into a big company. The difference is Ray DeMarini was actually involved in the entire softball world. He changed the way people look at swing speed and bat weighting. If DeMarini had started in the current social media age, I highly doubt he would have shut himself off in a closed group and shunned anyone who said anything that wasn't his own opinion.

Monsta takes the douchebag softball meathead player mentality and turns it up to 11. That is not good for the game.

skew12

He has probably been approached and he wanted a billion dollars and still be the president and 99% stockholder. What else would you expect from a guy that goes off on sbf ownership because they wouldn't pay full retail to carry his bats and then sell them at no mark up.

Talk about a dropped ball. Just imagine the hype machine of an SBF exclusive Monsta!!!

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans
Never owned a Monsta and I'm not sure I ever would but one thing for sure is it seems people either love them or hate them. It has to be a compression thing right? I mean guys just wanting a hot bat to hit bombs with dont care that much do they? I couldnt see any bat improving my distance enough to have to have a certain bat. Now if having a hot bat that wont likely break/fail compression testing is more important, which is what seems to be Monstas selling point, I could see how some guys could put up with what seems to be an unsavory character.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Has Carl ever played softball? Guy obviously has small mans syndrome, probably why he is such a colossal douche bag. He reminds me of Neitzche on these boards. Small guy with a serious Napoleon complex, thinking he is better than everyone else, with serious anger issues.

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
So back when every company didn't have an "exclusive" bat. Back when a few manufacturers made a limited run of a certain bat. And they were sold for $3-500 without receipts. Even bats that weren't exclusives were sold for a ton. No one complained about a Rd28 being $400 or a flex or extended being that much. And no one attacked the companies for those bats being sold for that price. So why all this hate for a company that literally had come out of nowhere and caused all of this? Is it because for a ton of people think it's the best ASA bat on the market to date? Is it because Carl had the smarts and the balls to make this all happen? He doesn't have a huge parent company running things for him. He is one man that built a strong team around him and is doing well and helping better the game of softball that we all play and love. ao again, why all the hate?

There's no "hate" he's just a dbag and yes I've purchased 2 bats directly thru them so im speaking from personal experience. Either wipe Carls j*zz off your mouth or have him stick to anal next time.

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
There's no "hate" he's just a dbag and yes I've purchased 2 bats directly thru them so im speaking from personal experience. Either wipe Carls j*zz off your mouth or have him stick to anal next time.

Lol it's not like that. I was just curious why so many people had issues. It was an honest question. I got honest answers. I was really curious on how much was actual interaction and how much was word of mouth or people reading text on a phone screen and interpreting it as they will. injust know how my interactions are with him and I was curious how others view him and the company. That is all. No clean up necessary haha

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Never owned a Monsta and I'm not sure I ever would but one thing for sure is it seems people either love them or hate them. It has to be a compression thing right? I mean guys just wanting a hot bat to hit bombs with dont care that much do they? I couldnt see any bat improving my distance enough to have to have a certain bat. Now if having a hot bat that wont likely break/fail compression testing is more important, which is what seems to be Monstas selling point, I could see how some guys could put up with what seems to be an unsavory character.

The selling point for Monsta to me is the lifetime warranty. I'm not going to break a bat within two years let alone one. If I could get a lifetime warranty on any other bat I would jump for that in a heartbeat. Easton just better expect me to send in mine for warranty in about a decade

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
Lol it's not like that. I was just curious why so many people had issues. It was an honest question. I got honest answers. I was really curious on how much was actual interaction and how much was word of mouth or people reading text on a phone screen and interpreting it as they will. injust know how my interactions are with him and I was curious how others view him and the company. That is all. No clean up necessary haha

it took talking to carl at least 5 times before i could get him to send me a return on my 26oz LC monsta. saying no way i could of broken this bat unless i was hitting other balls. he finally relented and said fine. he sent me a used 28oz LC as a return. just like threw some bat laying around into a box and shipped it to me. That was it for monsta for me.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
it took talking to carl at least 5 times before i could get him to send me a return on my 26oz LC monsta. saying no way i could of broken this bat unless i was hitting other balls. he finally relented and said fine. he sent me a used 28oz LC as a return. just like threw some bat laying around into a box and shipped it to me. That was it for monsta for me.

This is why the lifetime warranty means nothing to me. At least you could probably sell it.

Did you use your warranty return for that? That's complete bullcrap if so.

Brian#29

That Guy!
Hit middle against the 52 year old pitcher with your 25oz Monsta with a lizard skin, while wearing your Spiderz, with your Boombah cleats, pants, custom skull covered jersey in the local Thursday night rec league cause the opposing 275 lb catcher hit a 5 hopper to your pitcher last inning. Then go out to right field with your 14" multi color custom glove made in Mexico. Just don't let the Phiten around your neck get in the way. All this is what is wrong with softball.

HOLY CRAP , We need a like button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u just summed it up brother

TRaj2327

Very true. The eastons didn't retail for that and the prices were high after they were out of production. The big thing I'm saying is that Carl is accessible. Through phone email and Facebook. Is the owner of Easton, Miken, or any other company? No. Because they don't wanna deal with the consumer as everyone has an opinion on what would make they're company great. And the point I was making is that all these "big companies" are owned by huge companies. They aren't a one man show and they didn't design and build products and a company from the ground up. They hire a team to to it behind closed doors with no avenue to communicate with them. Think about if you got to talk to the actual guys behind the other companies. How pissed would they be to have to dealing with a whole bunch of church league used to be 10 year old bench players in little league wondering why he can't hit bombs with his bats. People are unrealistic these days and so quick to judge everyone. Everyone has an opinion and it gets old. Carl did all this to help the game and did it basically on his own. Everyone will throw a couple hundred bucks Ina new line Miken that fails compression out of the wrapper and break in 100-200 swings and get a warranty return that is the same and do it all over again but won't buy bats because they have heard that Carl is a jerk. Sounds reasonable to me

This is actually the downfall of Monsta. Carl is the biggest dumbass in the bat industry. He's actually sitting on a goldmine but it will NEVER reach the potential it could have because he made himself accessible and entirely ruined the image of the company. He is the Achilles heal and the weakest chain in the link. The best move he or any of the other partners could have made is to stick him in a closet and let someone else handle the PR and warranty issues. What does anyone really need to talk to the owner for anyway? You buy a bat, it performs (or doesn't and you sell it), it breaks (maybe), and you return it. Does it need to be any more complicated than that?

Actually, people complained about their prices daily, but those are two separate things. People didn't think Easton the company was run by pricks because the after market value of their bats practically doubled years after they stopped making them. None of those bats you named retailed for 400, or sold for that the same year they were available retail. The Monstas sell used like that because Carl can't provide his bats in a timely fashion.

He's a prick, separate of the quality of his bats, his company's poor CS, or the way he can't seem to keep any sort of production timetable at all. The OG Freaks were the first bats to command ridiculous prices, and it had nothing to do with Miken as a company at all. The hate for Monsta stems entirely from his behavior as a person and a business owner.

Seriously, 340 isn't exactly that much money for a bat with a lifetime warranty. It's not like the 800 NIW, practically NR because they were 4 years out of production Freaks selling on eBay before the 100mph bats were banned.

This.

i want to see carl go to the sharktank.

Hahaha. That would be entertainment at its finest.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If i sent in a bat for warranty, and had a record of my back snd forth about it, and got a used bst back nowhere near the right weight i might have tocall a lawyer. That makes me more abd more mad everytime i open this thread.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i sold it on FB for what i bought the original one brand new and was done with it. The torch got me interested, but after hitting a dna and a asa aftermath side by side, i bought the aftermath.

efigueroa12

Addicted to Softballfans
Monsta Is a complete joke. I was on the Monsta Militia FB page and I got banned for helping out some friends. I held a local Anarchy Awakening demo. All his militia seen me holding it and made it a huge deal. So after the demo I posted videos and what I thought about the awakening. People that got to demo it posted what they thought about the bat. And **** hit the fan. I was banned immediately, and the bounty was offered for the bats. I know carl felt threatened about this New bat.