Why do people swing shaved bats?

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
actually i got one off the board in a trade. it didnt even hit that good. my stock bats hit just as far as it. i sold it on the bay ASAP. only got $93 for it :(

You need to take a marketing class.:D
People normally pay stupid prices for them on the bay.
When we did the vid we got pretty much the same results and the bat broke pretty quick.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You need to take a marketing class.:D
People normally pay stupid prices for them on the bay.
When we did the vid we got pretty much the same results and the bat broke pretty quick.

i found out it was shaved cause the endcap was spinning adn when i went to replace the endcap i gouged the end of the bat and it was pretty apparent that it was tampered. i was honest and showed close ups:( the guy that won it ended up sellling it a couple months later and got over $200 for it.:mad: bastard even used my old pics except the closeups of the endcap. it was an og+

frigginnuttz

Rally Killer
Cause they're sissys and can't hit em out with a stock bat...... I should know I've had to buy stock in gillette for all the shaving I've done thru the years :)

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
Lets hear the opinions.
Is it just ego?
Is it to win?
Is it just because others do it?
Let the debate begin.
when you get beat, you want to win next time. diet pills for the old composite. it will magically make your game 100% better

chris22186

Addicted to SBF!
Shaving bats has become part of softball whether you like it or not...At some point someone has either considered using a shaved bat or has used or is still using a shaved bat...I had no clue as to what "shaving" a bat was until someone introduced it and said "here swing this booger and tell me what you think"...It was outperforming every bat on the field so I was interested to know why????? Make a long story short, The majority of players swing dirty bats for several reasons...If a bat is shaved correctly, there is no way to tell...

STOP ALL THE CRYING AND WHINING ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

gsus03

Banned User
Heard of a guy who swung glass in a tourney, hit the pitcher in the face busted him wide open...pitchers team asked for the bat to be tested...failed horribly...pitcher lost all eye sight in one eye and batter was suspended for a year...batter actually cried often about it and didn't want to play anymore...it should not have to come to people getting serverly hurt like this you know? we all are there to have fun, at least that's why I play...and it was said before and I'll say it again, most guys (at least around here) that swing glass, DO NOT NEED TO!!! They are strong, skilled, athletic, guys that have great swings and good mechanics...I do have to admit it does get old playing in uppers and going against good players that all swing dirty sticks who dont need to and whoop on other teams that don't...but, when umpires are cool with players and allow them to get away with it why would they stop? I find it a little ironic that a guy shoots middle with glass, causes permanent eye sight loss and gets suspnded for a year...and last year I subbed for a buddies team that only had 8 guys right before my own game and somebody told me, if the LD recognizes you playing twice in one night you will get suspended for a season...punishment does not seem to fit the crime IMO

silverbullet01

I'm a ginger!!!
I can honestly say that I have swung shaved bats in the past. Back then, it was the thing to do. I really don't understand why people swing them today. With the technology of bats and softballs, players don't need to swing them. Some do anyway to be competitive on a higher level. To swing them in HR derbys is fine, but to play in league and tournaments, it's bull**** to swing them.

chris22186

Addicted to SBF!
Heard of a guy who swung glass in a tourney, hit the pitcher in the face busted him wide open...pitchers team asked for the bat to be tested...failed horribly...pitcher lost all eye sight in one eye and batter was suspended for a year...batter actually cried often about it and didn't want to play anymore...it should not have to come to people getting serverly hurt like this you know? we all are there to have fun, at least that's why I play...and it was said before and I'll say it again, most guys (at least around here) that swing glass, DO NOT NEED TO!!! They are strong, skilled, athletic, guys that have great swings and good mechanics...I do have to admit it does get old playing in uppers and going against good players that all swing dirty sticks who dont need to and whoop on other teams that don't...but, when umpires are cool with players and allow them to get away with it why would they stop? I find it a little ironic that a guy shoots middle with glass, causes permanent eye sight loss and gets suspnded for a year...and last year I subbed for a buddies team that only had 8 guys right before my own game and somebody told me, if the LD recognizes you playing twice in one night you will get suspended for a season...punishment does not seem to fit the crime IMO

Everyone on this forum knows that shooting middle is wrong...I have played ISA, ASA and modified. In modified its like playing baseball, you dont have as much control on your swing as playing slowpitch softball. Thats why pitchers wear helmets and knee pads. Guys this is getting old already...Its like not wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle, **** happens.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Is this a serious question? It's because you hit the ball harder and farther. That's the only reason.

landlubbers13

Addicted to Softballfans
before i knew better, i swung glass all the time. in the beginning i didnt even know it was illegal. glass and painted ultra are everywhere in south florida. does it make a big difference....YES. but is the risk worth the reward.....NO. i have several still collecting dust in the garage but they will never see the field again. the guy who said he sold the glass on egay.... your just as much a part of the problem as the guys swinging them.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
before i knew better, i swung glass all the time. in the beginning i didnt even know it was illegal. glass and painted ultra are everywhere in south florida. does it make a big difference....YES. but is the risk worth the reward.....NO. i have several still collecting dust in the garage but they will never see the field again. the guy who said he sold the glass on egay.... your just as much a part of the problem as the guys swinging them.

no people like you who think/thought since everyone else is doing it, its ok, are the damn problem, bat doctors are the problem. shaved bats arent common around here. at least not that i know of. i traded a minty bat for what i believed was a stock bat and ended up not being able to use it. some guys play outlaw, some guys use them in derbies, some guys are flat out cheaters. you actually bought them knowingly and used them in actual games and calling me just as much part of problem? lol. i guess people who sell guns are just as guilty as murderers who use those guns huh?

Last edited:

landlubbers13

Addicted to Softballfans
no people like you who think/thought since everyone else is doing it, its ok, are the damn problem, bat doctors are the problem. shaved bats arent common around here. at least not that i know of. i traded a minty bat for what i believed was a stock bat and ended up not being able to use it. some guys play outlaw, some guys use them in derbies, some guys are flat out cheaters. you actually bought them knowingly and used them in actual games and calling me just as much part of problem? lol. i guess people who sell guns are just as guilty as murderers who use those guns huh?

your an idiot. i didnt know it was illegal, one. two, when i fiigured out it was and the problems assicated with them i stopped. three, mine are still sitting the garage not for sale on egay or craiglist. mine will never see use again. unlike the ******* who sold to be back into game play. unlike you, i didnt know all the bs that goes on in softball but know that i do, i have fixed the problem. as far as outlaw and derbies, we all know that is bs. maybe 5% get used there.

reddfrogg

Addicted to Softballfans
Ego...Ego...Ego!!!!!!

i know some who wants to hit homeruns, and stroke his ego!!! if he hits a laser or a bloop hit, he gets pissed!!!!:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
I was getting flamed in another thread because I said a shaved bat makes a difference and people use them to hit the ball hard and want to win.
I make my stance of cheating very clear,, I think you should be banned for at least 5 years if you get caught but I am not stupid, guys find some justification to use them and it isnt just ego.
Thank you guys for helping me out.
The best was that shaved bats dont make a difference, talent does.:rolleyes:

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
I was getting flamed in another thread because I said a shaved bat makes a difference and people use them to hit the ball hard and want to win.
I make my stance of cheating very clear,, I think you should be banned for at least 5 years if you get caught but I am not stupid, guys find some justification to use them and it isnt just ego.
Thank you guys for helping me out.
The best was that shaved bats dont make a difference, talent does.:rolleyes:

Don't tell anyone but I agree with you. Holy ****. Never thought that would happen. Anyone that says a shaved/painted bat doesn't make an enormous difference is a complete idiot. It's night and day. Not even a comparison. Again dont tell anyone. Hahaha