Why Easton is Dying...

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
Ill take his place,

my videos are nearly half as impressive, so maybe ill make half the sales.

I love Easton and Easton bats, the one thing I loved the most was that I hit a lot of BP and I could swing the exact same bat for an entire year. I have have bats with over 10,000 swings on them!

It was bitter sweet to leave, and I legitimately hope that Easton has the line in 2017 they are saying.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I love Easton and Easton bats, the one thing I loved the most was that I hit a lot of BP and I could swing the exact same bat for an entire year. I have have bats with over 10,000 swings on them!

It was bitter sweet to leave, and I legitimately hope that Easton has the line in 2017 they are saying.

*bittersweet

Good hell, Figure it out Chudder.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
I have generally never been a big Easton fan, too stiff even broken in and scary hot I couldn't get the feel for them. That was until I hit my buddies 1000+ hit 14L1. Barrel felt a lot softer than any Easton of the past, loved way it swung, and this thing is serious gas! I just picked one up here on the board with a few hundred cuts that I'm hoping to have game ready by this summer. I think you just have to be willing to put the work in and out a ton of hits on them. Then you will be rewarded with a very fun and very durable bat!

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Side note, played against an SIS player this last weekend. He was hitting the new Helmer... Just hitting seeds. Asked him what he thought of it and he was impressed with it's performance. Mentioned also that he's broken 1 or 2 already.

Wait, you're already playing?!

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
That was until I hit my buddies 1000+ hit 14L1. Barrel felt a lot softer than any Easton of the past, loved way it swung, and this thing is serious gas!

Just like any other easton... Once you put in the work, you get rewarded greatly. I have 4 Easton's that test barely over the line and they are fun to swing. Almost as much fun as my DC41's.

Wait, you're already playing?!

Yeah man. Last weekend. I wouldn't really call it playing though. Hit like ****.

Code3

Easton needs to bring back the same technology that was used with the 100H, 100W, ST100 line including the grips.

Zarkoff500

Addicted to Softballfans
No more CNT. IMX and TCT only for the barrels. We know the IMX sticks get hot with work, but my favorite's have been CNT (SCN3, SCN12, SCN15BH & ST100).

THESHOE

Starting Player
Doubtful those are new USSSA stamp.

The ones pulled are old grandfathered ASA stamp bats that Easton made the wise decision for the sport to pull IMO.

Those being used in leagues without testing was dangerous. Period. Some were way too well worked in, speaks for durability, but unsafe to be used and exceeding the legal limits now.

We might see a day where the stamps change again. Who knows, but I would bet on these being pulled in the near future.

I think Easton's move there was respectable and ASA needs to move towards being 100% new stamp like Utrip has become.

What's next the 100H? 100W? St100?

Last edited:

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
20160225_102200.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GO EASTON!!!!

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Bro... I sent you one vid and you said it was "immaculate." Not sure how much coaching went on. Hahaha.

Easton's best new stamped line. No way they get outlawed.

Will does that, he's a big supporter. Even says my swing is nice. Good guy! Makes me feel good :)

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
The ones pulled are old grandfathered ASA stamp bats that Easton made the wise decision for the sport to pull IMO.

Those being used in leagues without testing was dangerous. Period. Some were way too well worked in, speaks for durability, but unsafe to be used and exceeding the legal limits now.

We might see a day where the stamps change again. Who knows, but I would bet on these being pulled in the near future.

I think Easton's move there was respectable and ASA needs to move towards being 100% new stamp like Utrip has become.

It is about bat sales. As a long time Easton loyalist, my next bat will not be an Easton.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

I would've agreed with you if ASA hadn't switched to .52/300 balls. With .52's, those bats lost their advantage. And the new-stamp ASA bats were made to a hotter standard.

If Easton and the ASA were concerned about player safety, those bats should've been taken off the approved list when ASA was using harder balls and they were first found to exceed the test limits.

THESHOE

Starting Player
That's assuming it was an ASA league allowing them and playing with 52s...

You had NSA allowing ASA04 stamp around here and using anything from a 52 to a 47/500 even....

I see your point, believe me, but I think there was more to it. Lots of events and leagues were still allowing ASA04 bats or Thumbprint bats as part of the rules.

Now that Easton voluntarily pulled them, it eases that issue. In those cases.

Whereas if you were swinging an old ASA04 to hit 52s, it was time for you to look into a new bat period.

I would've agreed with you if ASA hadn't switched to .52/300 balls. With .52's, those bats lost their advantage. And the new-stamp ASA bats were made to a hotter standard.

If Easton and the ASA were concerned about player safety, those bats should've been taken off the approved list when ASA was using harder balls and they were first found to exceed the test limits.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes

Absolutely.

This decision was clearly a financial one.

Easton forced me to buy a new bat, but I had the choice to go back to Easton or choose another brand.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Again though, in your case, you were swinging an inferior bat in ASA with the old stamp and a 52.

I think Eastons move to pull them was more in safety concerns where ASA04 was still being allowed with harder balls in other sanctions where the 04 stamp was allowed, like in several leagues here where it is Utrip new stamp or grandfathered ASA04 stamp and hitting grey dots.

I will be glad to see some of the very old very worked in and beaten Synergys go away personally.

And frankly, due to age, most should have been retired. In theory they had been hit way too much and should fail comp by now. But not every league tests for comp. Now the bats will surface on the banned list thanks to their move.

No doubt a testament to the durability of their product. Perhaps there was a bit of a financial aspect to the decision. But I am telling you, where ASA04 was allowed to be swung, some of these older models were now just straight stupid beyond what is legal and safe with the new specs.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I swung an SCX3.

If that bat were too hot for ASA, it should have been banned long ago. It was first sold in 2004.

It was a financial decision, plain and simple. I'm hoping to like my new Derby Boys.

WillW3

Starting Player
Got to hit my Miken's head to head today against the Torq. Freak 12 250-300 swings, DC-41 175-200 swings, 4TF >100 swings. Hit classic M's and bp rockets with the Miken's.

Torq 1500-1600 swings, hitting stadiums and evil 575's.

No comparison. Miken was better in every category. Barrel feel, exit speed, distance. Miken won by a large margin. It was disappointing honestly because I'm a huge Easton fan, but there truly is a performance gap imo. Durability obviously goes to Easton, and like stated above, I think they still have their place; however, as far as being a dying brand in slowpitch as of NOW, I believe they are. This alleged new line could certainly change that, but I hope they're planning to make performance changes on top of the break-in time.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Absolutely.

This decision was clearly a financial one.

Easton forced me to buy a new bat, but I had the choice to go back to Easton or choose another brand.

That's assuming it was an ASA league allowing them and playing with 52s...

You had NSA allowing ASA04 stamp around here and using anything from a 52 to a 47/500 even....

ASA doesn't care what local, backyard NSA leagues let you swing. They care about ASA approved bats being used with ASA approved balls. I think the problem lies with ASA currently using 2 approved stamps and 2 approved balls.

ASA fastpitch still uses the old stamp and harder balls, while ASA slowpitch went to the 2013 stamp/testing protocol and the .52/300 ball. I'd bet money that the recent removal of the Easton bats had to do with concerns of them being used in fastpitch with the harder balls. Not from concerns of them over-performing with the .52's and not as a financial ploy.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Got to hit my Miken's head to head today against the Torq. Freak 12 250-300 swings, DC-41 175-200 swings, 4TF >100 swings. Hit classic M's and bp rockets with the Miken's.

No comparison. Miken was better in every category. Barrel feel, exit speed, distance. Miken won by a large margin. It was disappointing honestly because I'm a huge Easton fan, but there truly is a performance gap imo. Durability obviously goes to Easton, and like stated above, I think they still have their place; however, as far as being a dying brand in slowpitch as of NOW, I believe they are. This alleged new line could certainly change that, but I hope they're planning to make performance changes on top of the break-in time.

I finally got to hit some BP last weekend and I got to swing a buddy's well broken-in DC41. First time I've ever hit one. We hit .52/275 Hot Dots, with a few .40/400 Gray Dots thrown in. My 2014 L1 lagged behind the pack, my 600 hit Torq and the DC41 were about equal, and the best performer of the day....

My 2000+ hit, $80 Mizuno Blackout. ;)

I will say this for the DC though, the whole barrel was the sweetspot. I can understand their popularity.

THESHOE

Starting Player
That doesn't surprise me in terms of your Blackout. We have one too which would put up a serious fight and as many hits. Just that no one likes it's feel and they swing others.

Miken and Worth have THE most forgiving barrels without a doubt. They did themselves a huge favour now offering a 12" and a 13.5" option out there.

All this Torq talk a year later though, I will get one when I see them drop in price a bit more. $199 here isn't low enough for me yet. And used is still in $150 range.

My 2000+ hit, $80 Mizuno Blackout. ;)

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce

I know the feeling dude. I think they'll bounce back though.

On that note, I swung the new Helmer last night. I have hopes for this stick.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
I also hit the new helmer with about 200 swings. We were hitting beat up Thunder sy m's. 65 degrees roughly and it was hitting very very well. It was hanging with a 30 hit freak 30. It definitely felt like it will get way better but was still hittin. Love the .5 oz they threw in there too.