Your first at-bat of your career?

pbsoftball

Manager
mine was about 4 years ago playing coed league. only bat we had was a og juggy but i spanked a 2 ft high line drive at a girl and made her move out of the way. ball went all the way to the fence and i got a inside the park homerun. i was 40lbs lighter then to and could still run.

MaverickAH

Mine was 37 years ago, so I can't remember.

Mine was about that long ago as well. Can't remember either although I'm pretty sure it was a hit. The sad thing is that I was probably swinging the same 35oz metal bat as the OP since that was all that was available back then!:hurt::faint:

Those were the days though! When a pitcher told his OF to play deep, it had nothing to do with what bat you were swinging!

Hendo9

Softball Junkie
Played softball after graduating HS and Military.... Cant remember when that was and how I batted. I started back up playing in a church league in 2010 after playing Semi pro football for 5yrs, leaving with a shoulder injury and concussion..
First at bat was a dong at Horizon park in Scottsdale with OG 30oz Fatboy in October! After I got clowned for having a METAL BAT:bigok: when they all swung Anocondaz Original Bombs(1.21) lol

PhoenixxRising

Addicted to Softballfans
First at bat was last year in men's league. Line drive single between first and second with a Demarini MLC. Had to laugh to myself every time after that hit cause they thought I was going to go right on them. Not so much.

Wupang

530sports.net
All I know is it was 99', I was 20 and swung a Worth Gold Supercell...and dropped bombs with it, just not sure if it was on my 1st at bat! lol

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember my first softball AB like I remember the 7th dump of the year I took in the back bathroom in 4th grade. Which is to say I don't remember. I'm just sure something happened both times and I moved on with my life.

jstrong

They love to hate me
i remember mine like it was yesterday. it was a crisp morning on april 13th 1984. The pitcher threw me a cookie low n short. I walked the box and blasted it right off his knee cap. I stared at him and said, tell em large marge sent you. he gave me the middle finger.

The guy in front of me happen to get a triple and then I came up for the first time. It was a great drag bunt down the first base line to score a guy from third for the team I was subbing for. It was the fourth inning and I was excited to knock in our first RBI of the game until the umpire called me out and I was told that was against the rules. :mad:

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
Thrown out of the game for wearing metal spikes....I was 19...fresh from playing baseball..had no clue you couldnt wear spikes in softball. They tossed me!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine was about that long ago as well. Can't remember either although I'm pretty sure it was a hit. The sad thing is that I was probably swinging the same 35oz metal bat as the OP since that was all that was available back then!:hurt::faint:

Those were the days though! When a pitcher told his OF to play deep, it had nothing to do with what bat you were swinging!

That is for damned sure. Only 20+ years for me, but I assume I'd remember if I'd made an out.

midnight89

Bat Huer
1996. Line drive single through the middle. Buddy told me to stick with my short, compact baseball swing, just stay level through the ball and don't try to kill it. Squared it up pretty well and he told me to try not to kill the old guy pitching the ball next time.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
i remember mine like it was yesterday. it was a crisp morning on april 13th 1984. The pitcher threw me a cookie low n short. I walked the box and blasted it right off his knee cap. I stared at him and said, tell em large marge sent you. he gave me the middle finger.

Dude, you were like 6 and Peewee's Big Adventure didn't come til '85.

The part about you blasting a pitcher and then taunting him is believable though. You are a Richard and half of the Wall League wants to give you the finger.

hollywood9826

The Veteran
Mine was over 2 years ago. Friend invited me to join team. I went up to the plate in baseball stance. First pitch swung 2 sec before the ball crosses the plate. Then I hit a left foul grounder. Then I swing and miss again awfully. I was still standing there like an idiot thinking I only have 2 strikes. Until ump tells me I'm out. Walked away embarrassingly confused.

Took me a year to be a good consistent hitter with a little power. My speed and defense was only thing that kept me on the team.

Sounds like 3 strikes to me either way you cut it :)

I cant remeber what i did. I know I was at Andrews AFB and it took me a couople games to get the hang of it.

sjury

The Old Man
Really??? I started in 89, fresh out of HS baseball. That's all I can say. If you can remember the bat, ball, weather conditions, score of the game, situation the team was in, etc etc... you need help. Unless you did something spectacular, like swing and miss while falling down breaking your shoulder, otherwise if you shot the 5-6 hole for a hit, it's time to look at life's priorities.

My first at bat was about 7 years ago fresh off the diamond super hyped for my first game with some fam step in the box with the hottest freak ever blow one right up the middle no bat control the other team freaked out cuz apparently the team I was playing for is known for blowing middle after the dust settled my teammates were clowning me for blowing up the pitcher and running on him

grubd

Banned User
Jeez 9 years ago when I was 18. Same game had a liner between SS and 3b as well as a a fo7 don't remember which was first.

Gishdream

Addicted to Softballfans
Swinging strike out about a full second before the ball got there with an uppercut. I had every intention of hitting a home run. Took over a year before I actually hit a homerun.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
First time I played was in the summer of 1994 as an 18 year old. I was home from college and joined a coed team (Claiborne Co-Op) with teal jerseys. I don't remember what the particular hit was (wasn't a HR), but I do remember starting my softball career 7-for-7 and thinking this was going to be so easy. That was the pinnacle of my career, HAHA. Back then, I weighed 160 pounds and was fast as greased poop from a bad "mexican" restaurant, so I was able to beat out a lot of grounders to third and short (I'm a lefty, had an inside-out-swing at that time).

GVManny27

Addicted to Softballfans
My college roommates and friends joined the local league with a $50 walmart bat and showed up and figured we would kill a bunch of 35-45 year old guys. Got beat by 20ish, and had 3 balls hit over 220 feet. Don't remember how I did but we learned a lot about the difference between being college athletes and being good at softball.

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't remember the outcome but I can assume it was not good.

I was 46 years old and for some reason, I had in my possession an Easton Hammer that I had been using for home defense.

It was the late 90's and Demarinis were the rage and EST's were brand new. The ump told me, "you guys need some bats".

If you can remember the bat, ball, weather conditions, score of the game, situation the team was in, etc etc... you need help

Or maybe he has a better/different memory than you? I remember a ****load of useless information starting as far back as 2 years old. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with priorities.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I don't remember the outcome but I can assume it was not good.

I was 46 years old and for some reason, I had in my possession an Easton Hammer that I had been using for home defense.

It was the late 90's and Demarinis were the rage and EST's were brand new. The ump told me, "you guys need some bats".

Or maybe he has a better/different memory than you? I remember a ****load of useless information starting as far back as 2 years old. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with priorities.

Thought I was the old guy here.... it was 1992 for me playing coed in NOCOUNTY San Diego. Cardiff Sports Park. I was 24 and probably sucked due to a High School Baseball background...

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Xavier in intramurals. In my (ehem) fifth year. I think it was a two hopper through the infield. I remember finding out that hitting a ball thrown in at 5 miles an hour after hitting ones thrown in the 90s was more difficult than I thought at first.