NFL Week 13: Aren't you a little young for full contact?

3XC

Big Truss
Open the season on Thursday night, keep the Tgiving games, go back to full Sunday schedule, MNF
Cosigned.

Pointing out to the NFL that Thursday games are complete garbage, that the players hate them because short weeks get guys hurt, and that traveling on a short week is a huge competitive disadvantage, but nah. 0.5% moar profit, oink oink.

The NFL is literally watering down and ruining their product for minor short term gains. They're the auto industry of the mid 1970s. Don't bolt that bumper on with 6 bolts, we'll save money by using 2 bolts. If it falls off, oh well, we're the only game in town, what will they do, spend their money elsewhere hahaha.

Stretch19

Grow up
mark cuban called the nfl implosion 2.5 years ago...though he thought it would take 10 years to come to fruition

Stretch19

Grow up
"Just watch. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way. I'm just telling you, when you've got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns on you. That's rule No. 1 of business.

"They're trying to take over every night of TV," Cuban said. "Initially, it'll be, 'Yeah, they're the biggest-rating thing that there is.' OK, Thursday, that's great, regardless of whether it impacts [the NBA] during that period when we cross over. Then if it gets Saturday, now you're impacting colleges. Now it's on four days a week.

"It's all football. At some point, the people get sick of it."

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
while i agree over-saturation is hurting the game ultimately it is the horrid officiating that will kill it imo.

also whoever came up with that saying about pigs and hogs must not know they are the same animal and the life of a pig is to become a hog then get eaten.

3XC

Big Truss
Oversaturation is part of it. Part of it is horrible PR, fining guys for wearing off color cleats, giving guys 10 game suspensions for using prescription medicine obtained from a physician, that ****. Part of it is that nobody knows the rulebook, and seemingly half the games have one blown subjective call that influences the outcome. They don't know what a catch is. They don't know what a personal foul is. I'm not talking human error from a missed call, I'm talking deeply flawed rules, the rules themselves are nonsensical. Part of it is the hypocrisy, the "player safety" language that is as sincere as North Korea's "People's Democratic Republic." There is zero regard for player safety. There is a vested financial interest to keep marketable (QBs with celebrity wives) players on the field, but everyone else can die. Literally, die. It would boost ratings. Imagine the self serving jingositic tributes to the first scrub practice squad gunner that dies on a kickoff. Drape his casket in american flag patterned leather with the shield on it and tour all 31 stadiums. Photo ops with the wailing widow, 200 dollars.

The NFL was awesome, absolutely awesome, 10-15 years ago. No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, its visibly worse. The product is worse. The presentation is increasingly insincere. The corp-lords running it are arrogant and assume a lot of horrible things about the audience. They hired PR hacks to do a craven, morally bankrupt calculus of Kapernick's protest become coming to an official consensus about how to respond. The relationship between owners and players is about as cordial and productive as the relationship between Soviet political commissars and gulag inmates. Its the end. We've passed peak football.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
CxzoE0pW8AA_Ggz.jpg:large

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
i'm gonna root for the lions for the rest of the year.
franchise stafford or padford as 3 likes to call him is making all you matt haters look a bit silly atm.

also where is next weeks thread?

Stretch19

Grow up
quit asking dumb ass questions and just make the thread old man...**** i thought you were supposed to be a part of a generation that made **** happen? youre no better than a ****ing millennial

3XC

Big Truss
Yes the rich winning traditions of the Lions and of Stafford himself will come to the fore in the postseason. Downfield passing soft dome teams always succeed in January as well. Good pick.

3XC

Big Truss
They won 1 playoff game in 50 years. 50 plus years actually. They won 1 playoff game since 1957.

3XC

Big Truss
Perspective:

The Jacksonville Jaguars, who came into existence AFTER the last Lions playoff win, have won 5 playoff games. And they're total ass and have been ass for a while now.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
David Garrard won a road playoff game against Big Ben. Those late 2000's Jags teams were always in the mix but I can't remember more than like 3-4 of their players.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Tony Boseli, brackens, fragile fred, brunell, jimmy smith and mcardell....and that one huge lb......damnit

they were frickin' awesome