Minnesota Thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Yeah that's a couple big pieces to lose. We had to roll 4 man against you because we basically had 3 outfielders and they were all exhausted. It worked out ok for us though. Only bringing 9 guys to the plate in the last 3 innings makes it tough to come from behind though. You just went all Mariano Rivera on it and locked the game down.

Yeah we were surprised to see a 4 man and only a couple of us were able to change our swings to hit those infield holes versus OF gaps. Will beat up that middle hole every time. LOL!

My cutter was nasty. haha Chuck has a little two seam action that had a little bite.

JMac612

Addicted to Softballfans
Since Spudfest isn't a qualifier and it's just another carney tourney I don't think it matters who's on your team as long as you don't have more the 3 "B" Players on a "C" team.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Sorry, I should have asked that question. Open is anything goes. D you've gotta do all the roster shenanigans because it's a qualifier.

JMac612

Addicted to Softballfans
Seattle Dual 1: Smash It
Seattle Dual 2: Smash It

SpudFest Open: BIC
SpudFest D: The Crew

Fairfax: Clobes

Kaposia Days: Ductech

Beauner

Starting Player
Yeah we were surprised to see a 4 man and only a couple of us were able to change our swings to hit those infield holes versus OF gaps. Will beat up that middle hole every time. LOL!

My cutter was nasty. haha Chuck has a little two seam action that had a little bite.
Yeah he can get some pretty good curve on the ball. He's been trying to figure out how to throw a knuckleball this year but it's terrible and he keeps getting rocked on it. I tried to teach him how to throw mine but he can't get it down. If I could curve it in and out like he can I'd barely throw my knuckle. But a knuckle is all I got lol

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Yeah he can get some pretty good curve on the ball. He's been trying to figure out how to throw a knuckleball this year but it's terrible and he keeps getting rocked on it. I tried to teach him how to throw mine but he can't get it down. If I could curve it in and out like he can I'd barely throw my knuckle. But a knuckle is all I got lol

I can give him a lesson, as well. Haha! What I noticed is my brother throws a good spinner but his knuckle ball sucks. He's a huge bowler and can get revs on that ball. When I bowl... I get no revs. My wrist just stays stiff and so I've had to work on snapping it and trying to do more than just a knuckle or slow rotating tumbler. It seems that a lot of guys can either do one or the other much better because the hand/wrist action is so different.

Beauner

Starting Player
I can give him a lesson, as well. Haha! What I noticed is my brother throws a good spinner but his knuckle ball sucks. He's a huge bowler and can get revs on that ball. When I bowl... I get no revs. My wrist just stays stiff and so I've had to work on snapping it and trying to do more than just a knuckle or slow rotating tumbler. It seems that a lot of guys can either do one or the other much better because the hand/wrist action is so different.
That makes sense. Chuck does a lot of bowling too maybe that's why he can get it to move. I can get a little movement in towards righties on occasion but it's not consistent and when it doesn't move in it becomes a HR derby pitch lol

bl19

Addicted to Softballfans
Dual 1: Resmondo
Dual 2: Resmondo

Spudfest Open: EAI
Spudfest D: Crew

Fairfax: Clobes

Kaposia: Ductech

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
It was always fun to ump Chuck in league games with guys that didn't know him. He'd throw that curve the first couple times and they'd give up on it. Or argue with me when I called it a strike when he clipped the front edge and landed way outside.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
It was always fun to ump Chuck in league games with guys that didn't know him. He'd throw that curve the first couple times and they'd give up on it. Or argue with me when I called it a strike when he clipped the front edge and landed way outside.

Speaking of umpiring, last night I subbed with my brothers team in a USSSA league. I locked down catcher and was talking to the ump between pitches and batters and what not. Nice guy but of course these league heroes were complaining. Now, did I agree with his strike zone always, no, but was he consistent? Yes. He let the 8-9' arc go but man did he give ZERO corners. A guy from the other team turns to him and complains about some call and he turns to me and says, "Man, I get tired of all these guys riding me but yeah where it lands matters." I wanted to disagree, as a pitcher wanting all of my calls, but said, "It's underhand, right?" I'm such a hypocrite.

Holla atchya boi out a Kaposia Days. I think we are called Deals with Wheels. I'm open to fist bumps, high-fives, handshakes, hugs (bro or regular) or "Hey, what's up. So, this is you in real life huh? I prefer you online."

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I'm interested in seeing how the lights are set up in Big Lake now. First year that they can play after the sun goes down. Should help the tourney out, too.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Speaking of umpiring, last night I subbed with my brothers team in a USSSA league. I locked down catcher and was talking to the ump between pitches and batters and what not. Nice guy but of course these league heroes were complaining. Now, did I agree with his strike zone always, no, but was he consistent? Yes. He let the 8-9' arc go but man did he give ZERO corners. A guy from the other team turns to him and complains about some call and he turns to me and says, "Man, I get tired of all these guys riding me but yeah where it lands matters." I wanted to disagree, as a pitcher wanting all of my calls, but said, "It's underhand, right?" I'm such a hypocrite.

Holla atchya boi out a Kaposia Days. I think we are called Deals with Wheels. I'm open to fist bumps, high-fives, handshakes, hugs (bro or regular) or "Hey, what's up. So, this is you in real life huh? I prefer you online."

Where were you? Wonder if it was anyone I know? There is a chasm of difference between they guys out there doing leagues for the money and the guys that enjoy being out there and want to get better from day to day, weekend to weekend and year to year. None of the guys I want to associate myself with are ever going to say that where it lands matters, other than landing on the plate. Those are the guys that need to come over here and work matball. I'm going this morning to work USA state in WI, first time I've called a strike zone since USSSA Worlds in September. God I miss real softball. Everything here is chuck it up 15-18' and hope it hits the mat.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
If I was choosing teams, I’d pick whoever the Horseman play, their first game. Our two tournaments we lost to EAI, in StJoe and Thompson, in Albertville. Both teams won the tournament. Coincidence?

We were close or had a lead, late, in each of those games
The trend continues (other than the close or late lead part).

JMac612

Addicted to Softballfans
I hadn’t played spudfest for probably 8 years. It was a good time and I’ll definitely play again. They did a good job of dragging the fields almost every game until it got to the losers bracket final and the championship game. Then the field was really choppy. We got $800 for taking 2nd place in a 7 team tournament. Thought that was pretty good.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I hadn’t played spudfest for probably 8 years. It was a good time and I’ll definitely play again. They did a good job of dragging the fields almost every game until it got to the losers bracket final and the championship game. Then the field was really choppy. We got $800 for taking 2nd place in a 7 team tournament. Thought that was pretty good.
How were the new lights? I was hoping to play late enough to see how they were.

Anyone have the top 3 for Fairfax and Kaposia?

JMac612

Addicted to Softballfans
The championship game ended at about 9:15pm saturday night so it was right before it got dark enough to see the effect of the lights on the field. The sun was brutal during that game though when we were in the field.