Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I’m not all that excited to play either.
Who do you play against?

It'll definitely be a night where you sweat just standing still out there. I'll probably just aim to get up there in time to watch Xtreme play, then stay for the last game of the night.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Who do you play against?

It'll definitely be a night where you sweat just standing still out there. I'll probably just aim to get up there in time to watch Xtreme play, then stay for the last game of the night.
We play against a C team from Kansas. The winner of our game gets Xtreme.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
We play against a C team from Kansas. The winner of our game gets Xtreme.

We get a B team from KS and then play into Chanticlear/Swing Kings (98% chance it's Chanticlear) so could be a tough night of ball for us if we pull one off v Starkey's. I plan to wander over to Central once we are get through with game 1, win or lose, and sweat and awkwardly say hi to real life people instead of via social media and online forums.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
We get a B team from KS and then play into Chanticlear/Swing Kings (98% chance it's Chanticlear) so could be a tough night of ball for us if we pull one off v Starkey's. I plan to wander over to Central once we are get through with game 1, win or lose, and sweat and awkwardly say hi to real life people instead of via social media and online forums.
That is my plan. If we win, we play Xtreme at 8:30 at centennial. The swass and swalls will be fierce tonight. No amount of gold bond will change it.

Beauner

Starting Player
I was gonna go watch Alby chuck it for Eurotech but I don't think the local Target has enough gold bond to get me through the first two innings. It is hot and moist.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I was gonna go watch Alby chuck it for Eurotech but I don't think the local Target has enough gold bond to get me through the first two innings. It is hot and moist.
It is brutal out. If anyone wants to say hi, I’m #11 on legacy. I look I’m 16 so I kinda stand out.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Weather out there wasn't actually too bad. I got there at about 7:45 and watched the last 2.5 games on the north field.

There was some good hitting going on.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Anyone know why PHD has such high shipping prices? It costs $16 to ship a pair of pants from there to St. Michael.

I think I'm going to try to go there Thursday and get something instead.

basilray

Anyone know why PHD has such high shipping prices? It costs $16 to ship a pair of pants from there to St. Michael.

I think I'm going to try to go there Thursday and get something instead.

Funny you mention that, was just looking at it myself. Looks like it's all UPS.

Those Combat Rollers for $29 are pretty tempting, and I don't really NEED one. Still, comes to like $50 if I'm too lazy to drive over there some day on my lunch break, when I'm already downtown St. Paul.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Pretty slow weekend with only the one tourney.

Thelastsamurai (M&M Construction) - 132
JMac612 (MN Monitoring) - 120
Maximus Decimus (Pollyanna) - 120
Larsl10 (Precision Lining) - 117
TSfingrocks (Element Exteriors) - 114
Jimbo81 (Arnies) - 109
Beauner (1Micro) - 108
Bell44 (Silverbacks) - 106
MNBaller (Dewey's) - 106
Bl19 (Precision Lining) - 102
Chembry (Horsemen) - 93
Yoke (Horsemen) - 91
Ringer44 (Rampage) - 71
Sjoquist43 (Outdoorsmen) - 64
Chunkers00 (Warriors) - 54
Philtos - 33
Bubs77 (Silverbacks) - 11
Dunkky - 5

Tourneys this weekend are Pan-o-prog C and D and the conference tourney.

Picks game rules: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/minnesota-thread-2018.1428975/page-136#post-18983602

Last edited:

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
You were missing some guys for the Dudley, weren’t you?

Yes but losing 7-9 and 3-7 is pathetic. Three guys don't excuse that offensive output.

we're right up there competing for that spot!

I'd say combine but it'd be a 40 man roster with 14 showing up each weekend in different intervals plus 6 coaches. Plus I heard rumors swirling about us losing guys in the near future so we will drop out of "Worst C Team" since we are going the way of Miken/Lookout, Jokers and Showbombs in USSSA.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Our team has struggled as well in asa d, we are good when our top 10 is all present, maybe we had that one day so far:)

Sucks if your losing guys.

I think we are trying to get into pan o prog, that seems like a gong show right now

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
As of right now, next weekend is the first time we'll have our whole team at a tournament. It'll be nice to have everyone in the spots that I had anticipated, and see how it goes.

Now that I've said that, I'll start to figure out plan B for when a guy or two inevitably drops out.

Beauner

Starting Player
Yes but losing 7-9 and 3-7 is pathetic. Three guys don't excuse that offensive output.

I'd say combine but it'd be a 40 man roster with 14 showing up each weekend in different intervals plus 6 coaches. Plus I heard rumors swirling about us losing guys in the near future so we will drop out of "Worst C Team" since we are going the way of Miken/Lookout, Jokers and Showbombs in USSSA.
I mean if you're splitting up we'll take you, Will and Nelly. ;)

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Apparently a hard no on the Pan-o-prog C division.

At least the D teams won't have those big bad C teams to deal with in their bracket. (Let the C teams play)