Recent content by AreJay

1. A

USSSA Runners Out For Not Changing Course

I'd like to revisit this thread for both the ASA and USSSA opinion of this call. Runner on first, one out. Batter hits a grounder to SS, SS flips to 2B for the force. 2B turns and throws to first and the ball strikes the runner who had inexplicably stopped running about a third of the way from...
  2. A

Pick up questions

Had a guy once tell me he could play anywhere, but liked 3b or OF. Said he was excited to play ball again as it had been a couple of years but he "used to play a lot." Shows up to the game, five minutes beforehand, in his sneakers asking me if I had a glove and maybe some shoes for him to...
  3. A

How many home runs will you hit this year

Zero! Ain't retirement from the game great? I truly think so.
  4. A

Stupid League Rules

You're playing adult T-ball??
  5. A

Tourney softball is dumb

Perhaps the organizations could come together and figure out a way to unify classifications across the board. If you are classified as an E player in U-trip, you're an E player in ASA or NSA, etc. Several years back we played in one of the first NSA E state tourneys in Kansas. We showed up...
  6. A

Our first 5v5v5

No. I'm not Average Jay.
  7. A

Tourney softball is dumb

I agree with the sandbagging being the problem. Too many times in Kansas, a team wins E state, then promptly disbands to reform under a different name to continue to play E rather than play D. Years ago, I was playing in an E tourney. During our game, one of the opponents who was 3-3 with 3...
  8. A

11 inch ball tourneys

Thanks for the response! We're thinking of having an 11-ball only co-ed tourney. I wanted to know if any guys had hit them or played in events which featured those.
  9. A

11 inch ball tourneys

Have any of you guys played in tourneys which used the 11 inch ball exclusively? Any advantages? Disadvantages? Were there more bombs? Same number?
  10. A

Miken Revex blowing apart

Really? We looked, and found a couple of the spiral webbings on it.
  11. A

Miken Revex blowing apart

Has there ever been an issue with the Revex (or any Miken stick for that matter) completely blowing apart? I'm not talking about a cracked bat here, but rather a Revex with just league use having the endcap and some of the insides blowing out. Yesterday, my buddy's Revex sounded like a...
  12. A

Our first 5v5v5

Tomorrow we're putting on the first ever 5v5v5 tournament here in the state of Kansas. (at least to the best of my knowledge). We ended up with 7 teams so it should be a lot of fun. Wish us luck!
  13. A

Softball sucks

I have the dude who when he hits or fields poorly then doesn't want to be there. I've got the "I won't miss another game" guy who never shows up, and the "I'll sub but then says no guy" along with the "hey let's play ball this summer" but then coaches all summer long guy and he doesn't even...
  14. A

Softball sucks

I'm almost in burnout mode. I've ran a team for nearly 20 years and this year it was like pulling teeth just to get people there for doubleheaders for one night a week. I'm leaning towards putting the sticks up and just playing one or two tourneys a summer. I'd rather just show up and play...
  15. A

Any Rundown interference?

Situation. Runner on first with one out. Fly ball to LF, LF guns to 2b. Runner was leaning too much and gets caught in rundown. 2B throws to 1B, 1B to 2B, 2B to pitcher. In the middle of the rundown as the ball is traveling from 2b to P, runner puts his hands up, in an effort to distract P...