Recent content by msw4indy

1. M

Swing Help

For me, what I have noticed when my back leg collapses, I'm not getting a good weight transfer to my front foot and it all just drops from there.
  2. M

Where are all the 28-30oz bats?

You can still find some end loaded bats in a 30oz. I swing balanced and swung 30oz for a long time until they weren't being made anymore then I dropped to a 28oz balanced and have used those the last 5 or 6 years or so. Once I reached the ripe old age of 50, I just stuck with the 28's although...
  3. M

Injuries

I second that for trail runners. I've used them for several years and not had any issues with my footing in dirt or grass.
  4. M

2022 Easton Helmer Senior 28 oz EL

I will say that Easton Sr bats don't get a whole lot of love or at least they're not what the cool kids are swinging;) I've played Sr tourney ball for 2 years and love mine. I've tried most and just keep coming back to the empires I have and they have had great durability for me. How much of...
  5. M

Injuries

Managed to be fairly lucky with no major injuries until my 40's. The worst, I was 49 and running to first. Stepped in a hole, blew my hamstring, fell and shattered my elbow.....I didn't even notice my elbow was hurt because the hamstring was so bad until I realized I couldn't move it. Wound up...
  6. M

Official 2021 Last AB Thread

Single elim league tourney to end the Sr season Game 1- Won 25-24, 2 rbi single to LC to tie it Game 2- Lost 24-20, 2 out single in 5/6 hole Other than the loss, it was a satisfying way to end the season going 9-10 on the night.
  7. M

2 weeks left in Sr league Game 1- One hopper to SS for an out Game 2- Single to LC
  8. M

Decent night in Sr league, went 6-8won both games. Game 1- Single up the middle Game 2- F8 but plated a runner
  9. M

Lost both games in our Sr league. Game 1- Single to LC Game 2- Single in 5/6 hole Solid night overall, foot still somewhat sore but holding up thus far....
  10. M

First time back out after dealing with a stress fracture in my foot. Couldn't get any consistency from timing to pitch selection but hit half way decent over the weekend. Hit one in the hole that the SS made a great diving play to just get the force at second, I made it to first. One or two...
  11. M

50+ benefit tourney, base hit to CF to plate the 5th run of the 6th inning. Got to shut it down a few weeks to deal with a stress fracture in my foot....
  12. M

50+ League, line drive past the 3B head for a 2 out single. Lost game unfortunately 18-15
  13. M

2021 ISA Senior World Series - Columbus, IN

I forgot about it as well. I was #44, EH and played 1B towards the end of the game (I'm a bigger guy). Great game btw, it was fun time, just wish we could've gotten that last out just once in those last 3 innings....Saw you guys lost the next one and took 3rd. A good showing for the competition...
  14. M

Sr tournament in Wisconsin finishing Sunday. Line drive single through the 5/6 hole. Made up for my pop up to 1st on my previous AB....
  15. M

2021 ISA Senior World Series - Columbus, IN

I'll be there with ChiTown Assault (#44) on Friday and Sunday.