Search results

1. G

Tips on timing swing???

Some solid advice here, thanks guys. Somewhere in there, though, I saw the "don't start your swing until the ball is headed down" line. No offense to whoever said it, bc it's said a LOT. But I think that's a terrible strategy unless your swing is maybe 15 MPH. If I waited until the exact time...
  2. G

Tips on timing swing???

I tend to swing WAY too early and either line the ball hard down the foul line or hit a dinky grounder bc I'm a year early. Any suggestions, videos, etc to look at? I've hit homeruns when I just wait on it but I find it almost impossible at times. Should I count in my head before swinging or...
  3. G

How to hit high arching pitches??

Thanks - will try that. I usually scoot up though, bc that way I don't have to wait as long. I can see how it would help in this case to move back.
  4. G

Does that not just result in a ground ball?
  5. G

We have guy in our league who throws the perfect arch pitch and is very accurate. It's already hard to wait on his high-arching pitches, but when they get there I sometimes don't know how to approach them. Any tips on what angle to swing the bat on this type of pitch, or how to time it? Thanks..
  6. G

Softball on spinning rope

Thanks - just wanted to see if I could find the name to do a little research on it. As for the hit away, that's the exact problem I have. Nothing really good currently to attach it to. And to the individual who said I'm not "qualified to judge his answer". Go back and read/learn to...
  7. G

nope..................
  8. G

Sorry, but I don't know what else to title this one. I know I have seen the equipment with a softball hanging from a short rope. You hit the ball and it spins in a "Ferris wheel" motion. I have a small backyard, and this would be great for BP. Anyone familiar with this device, the name of it...
  9. G

Zepp 3D Swing Analyzer

Anyone used one of these? I've seen some really good reviews on it, and I like the idea of pairing it with my iphone. Does it help correct your swing?
  10. G

Key muscles groups to increase distance?

Thanks guys - I appreciate all the responses except the douchey one about kegels.
  11. G

Key muscles groups to increase distance?

I am 6'4, 215 but for some reason when I really feel like I "get a hold" of the ball, it still usually dies at about 290-297 feet (300 ft fence). What muscle groups should I improve to start consistently hitting the ball over the fence, and what are the best exercises to do? I have strong...
  12. G

Demarini Stadium CL22 pink vs green

From what I understand, the black and green version of the bat was discontinued. Is the grey and pink version the exact same bat?
  13. G

Lightest nonmetal softball cleats??

Not looking to spend an arm and a leg. What's the best value?