Search results

1. P

Can a 2-piece web be converted to a one-piece?

Can a 2-piece pitcher's web like the Wilson CK22 be relaced and converted into a one-piece like the X2? To my eyes it seems like a fairly straightforward conversion by removing the bottom of the web and relacing the holes. Am I missing anything?
  2. P

Anyone know what happened to 2bwax?

I had been curious to try 2bwax's cleaners and conditioners when they were the hot thing for a minute but they seem to have vanished off the face of the earth ever since Ball Player's Balm came on the scene. Now 2bwax's website has disappeared and been overtaken by a NSFW site... I assume it's...
  3. P

Looking for video on how to relace KP92

Does anyone have a source for a video on how to relace a Wilson-style modified trapeze, specifically a KP92? I usually rely on Dirty 30's videos (excellent), but his modified trap video is for a Rawling-style lacing which is a different pattern. He does have one showing an Ichiro-style trapeze...
  4. P

What happened to Tim Anderson's Marucci sponsorship?

This may be a question for @GloveCowboy, but does anyone know what happened to Tim Anderson's short lived Marucci sponsorship? During the off season, Marucci was heavily promoting some really beautiful TA customs inspired by the G4. But as of late (August 2020), Anderson has only been seen...
  5. P

What is Rawlings R2G made of?

Does anyone know what kind of leather Rawlings uses for its R2G line, specifically something like this? https://www.rawlings.com/product/P-PROR205-4BC.html?dwvar_P-PROR205-4BC_throwingHand=Right#start=13 It's called a Heart of the Hide and the description says "additional 25% factory break-in"...
  6. P

The best mallet?

I'm in the market for a good glove mallet to help maximize my break-in efforts. I previously wasted some money on an overseas Mizuno version that was TINY (8.5") and is useless on anything other than the hinge. Given that there are so many glovesmiths on this board, I would love to hear...
  7. P

Superskin skeptic

Can someone enlighten me on Superskin? To me it looks toy-like, yet on an A2000 it costs the same as a full leather glove. Why so expensive considering pleather usually costs less than real leather? Can anyone vouch for the longevity of SS? How do you condition it (with Armor All)? I can't help...
  8. P

Vinci 22 Series RV1923-22 12.5" hand stall size?

Hi all, I am looking at a Vinci for the first time in order to have a dedicated softball glove. Love the idea of the wide pocket on the RV1923, but can anyone comment on the hand stall size? I have fairly small hands, so I want to avoid anything where my hand gets lost in the glove. Also, is...
  9. P

What ever happened to Spalding?

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but a search didn't turn up anything. What happened to the Spalding brand? When I was a kid, Spalding gloves were as ubiquitous as Rawlings or Wilson. Now that I'm back in the sport, the brand seems to have pulled out of baseball entirely, and a...