Search results

1. C

Does Anybody Care Anymore?

Has anybody seen my old friend 10 man Softball? Can you tell where it's gone? I took a look around and my friends where playing golf or Texas Hold 'Em.I looked around and everyone was gone . Has anybody seen my old friend 9 man Softball?Can you tell where it's gone ? Everybody was...
  2. C

2013 Woody Keyser Tourny

Was it played and who won it?:cool:
  3. C

the list

Speed Gun I can hit 81 on the gun.I throw my 45 mph fastball after my 36 mph changeup.I got 1200 on my SAT's.I took the test twice.I gave a woman 9 inches. We did it 3 times.
  4. C

VASA Premier League

Anybody know who won The VASA Premier at The Berry House Fields?
  5. C

Woody Keyser

Anybody know who won The Woody Keyser Memorial Tournament?
  6. C

The fall of 9 man modified.

You have alot of 10 man teams that have pitchers who give up alot of fly balls and depend on that 4th outfielder.Alot of 10 man teams don't have the team speed to play a 3 man outfield.It isn't a matter of not wanting to play 9 man it's a matter of playing on a level that meets the skill level...
  7. C

The fall of 9 man modified.

I won't mention any names.Teams I have coached have bargained with upper echelon pitchers.They have demanded that their plane tickets,hotel rooms,meals and their share of the vehicle rentals paid for.Some wanted wives,kids,girlfriends paid for.Some pitchers wanted to be paid per game.Others...
  8. C

Best Modified Team of All Time

How come there is no Staten Island love for The Bushwackers,Kelvinators or Raiders?Just kidding guys.I started in 1986 best teams for me would be L&P,Tool Shed-ADCO,Patsy's CBS and Silvestri's.If want to drop down a level The Assassins had a good run too.
  9. C

Woody Keyser Memorial

Anybody know if this tournament was played and who won it?
  10. C

Is The Economy Hurting Softball?

Funeral Sponsor The team was a men's baseball team that played in The Twyford Muche Sunday Morning League and The B&A Jewlers Weeknight League on Staten Island.Our first sponsor was a cemetary monument maker.The owner's nephew was our ace pitcher and is the foremen at The Catholic Cemetary next...
  11. C

Is The Economy Hurting Softball?

I think alot of it has to do with jobs.If you are lucky enough to have one you most likely have to work overtime and weekends.You can't tell your boss you have a softball game.We would like to to go to tournaments but when you total up airfare hotels and car rentals it's alot.Alot of small...
  12. C

League Poll

Staten Island $900 entry fee $100 forfeit fee 15 games plus playoffs lighted field scorebook $50 for umps you have to buy own balls and a set of bases umps 16x50=800 balls 16x7=112 entry fee and forfeit fee $1000 total $1912 bribes and under the table payments tbd
  13. C

Best Legal Modified Pitchers (10 Man Style)

Maybe we can take some of those Jackwagons to Namby Pamby Land and give them some self confidence and legal bats.
  14. C

Best Legal Modified Pitchers (10 Man Style)

I would vote for a guy who helped me win 5 championships Dom Griffo.
  15. C

2011 Modified Tournaments

What city will the b tournament be held in?
  16. C

Possibility For 2011

Fly on the Wall I can be the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
  17. C

Possibility For 2011

What city will the tournament be held in?
  18. C

The future of modified (sling) pitch

Alot of 10 man B teams can't move up because their pitchers are bowlers.You can't expect them to go against a sling pitcher who is Class A.Their hitters may not be good enough to hit slingers.They may also not have enough team speed to play with only 3 outfielders.Alot of 10 man leagues are...
  19. C

Vasa premier staten island

Anybody know if they crowned a 2010 champ?
  20. C

Will The Berry VASA Premier League Resume Play?

Does anybody know if they will finish with 4 teams or will it be another league bites the dust?