Search results

1. Goater

Miken Velocit-E Slow Pitch Softball Bat: SPVELA

Found this in the bat closet that I share with my son. Neither of us remember how and when it was acquired. I haven't had a chance to swing it. I believe it dates to the early to mid 2000's. Can anyone tell me something about it?
  2. Goater

need Demarini Ultimate Weapon

Writing this for my son. He plays in a single wall league. He would like to trade for a Demarini Ultimate Weapon. He would offer a couple of older Utrip composite bats. More if you are interested and have the bat to trade.
  3. Goater

Miken Pro Series

I'm considering buying a Miken Pro Series Glove 14" .... any feedback from current or former owners
  4. Goater

thumb device

I just became aware of this device but haven't tried one. I'm curious to get feedback from other senior softballers. There are several brands ... ThumbPro, thumbper, Prohitter. Has anyone used one of these and what do you think? I already take care to hold the bat in my fingers and line up my...
  5. Goater

this is us

6. Goater

Easton Aluminum

Selling for $75 each, will consider offers ... would trade one for a DeMarini Ultimate Weapon 1) Reflex C-Core SRX100-CX ... C405 ... 26 Oz. 2) Redline C-Core SZ1-C ... Scandium ... 27 Oz 3) Reflex Ultra Dan Schuck SRX2DS ... C405 ... 28 Oz Additional photos on request
  7. Goater

Senior BP in San Diego?

I play senior ball in the SF Bay Area ... two leagues and a pickup BP each week. I'm 70 years old. We will be vacationing in San Diego in mid August and I don't like to miss an entire week. Are there any senior drop in BP sessions going on in SD? Ideal would be near Ocean Beach where we are...
  8. Goater

crack in bat

My experience has been that it is sometimes hard to verify that a bat is cracked. It may be a scratch, or a paint crack. I'm currently in this situation. Does anyone know if it works or has anyone tried to do a dye penetrant check as is done with cracks in metal I will likely get an answer...
  9. Goater

micro fracture

I may be looking at a micro fracture procedure as part of having my knee "scoped" Has anyone out there had this procedure and, if so, what can you tell me about the recovery time .. relative to getting back on a softball field?
  10. Goater

For Sale ASA Bats for sale

ASA Bats for sale/trade Will sell all for $150 delivered or trade multiple bats for new stamp bat. asa or utrip Worth JHM798 27.5 OZ ... over 1000 hits, small rattle Worth Resmondo Traded away Combat SB98 26 OZ ... unknown number of hits Miken Velocite 3.0 27 OZ .. less than 200 hits
  11. Goater

For Sale 4 ASA Bats

Will sell all for $250 delivered or inquire about trades Worth JHM798 27.5 OZ ... over 1000 hits, small rattle Worth Resmondo 98 26 OZ ... less than 500 hits Combat SB98 26 OZ ... unknown number of hits Miken Velocite 3.0 27 OZ .. less than 200 hits...
  12. Goater

recovery from pelvic injury

This is the 2nd time I've suffered this injury. The last time it took 6-8 months to recover. I'm curious if anyone else had had this injury and what steps you took to rehab Osteitis Pubis http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/87420-overview
  13. Goater

pickup softball for players over 50 in SF East Bay

We play Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM in Moraga Mostly for "over 50" players, but ID aren't checked email me at [email protected] if interested
  14. Goater

Cracked J3A

My new J3A cracked in the first 20 hits. The crack keeps getting bigger, but even with the crack it still outperforms all the other team bats. Hitting 44/ 375s. Anyone else have the same durability issues? I Need to send it back but I don't want to be without my best bat for a few weeks.
  15. Goater

Medicine Ball

I requested and received a medicine ball for Father's Day. It seemed like something I wanted to add to the exercises that I do. It uses needle inflation like a basket ball or football. My question is ... how much to inflate? This is new to me and there was no direction in the docs that came with...
  16. Goater

For Trade 28oz Ritch's Superior

Looking to trade 28oz Ritch's Superior for ASA composite. Two other single walls to trade also. Pic and other bats @ http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1300762
  17. Goater

For Sale/Trade 3 single walls for ASA composite

2 single walls for ASA composite Two bats for trade. 26oz Anderson Pyrotech traded away. 27oz Reaper Reap5. 28oz TPS Ritch's Superior. Looking to trade one, two, or all of them for an ASA composite bat. Pic @ http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?p=17068614#post17068614
  18. Goater

For Sale/Trade 26oz Pyrotech

Now two bats for trade. 27oz Reaper Reap5. 28oz TPS Ritch's Superior. Looking to trade one, two, or all of them for an ASA composite bat. Pyrotech gone
  19. Goater

For Trade 2010 MV1 for trade

26 oz ... good condition ... trade for ASA
  20. Goater

For Trade 26 oz SCX2

Trade for ASA bat ... 2nd batch ... USSSA marking ... photos available upon request