Search results

1. D

Water

So, I've been killing the water for the past 2 weeks. But, I still wake up once or twice per night to pee almost every night. I'm 6'4", 255 lbs. I lift 4-5 days per week. Other than protein supplement, I take creatine, ZMA, and an ECA stack. Does my body need less water? Or does it take...
  2. D

Creatine

Ok, due to the larger number of threads I have started, I'm working out and eating better. So, I'm curious about creatine. I took it in college because it was "the right thing to do" based on all the review in M&F magazine. But, I'm trying to decide if it's really a necessary addition. And...
  3. D

BCAAs

If I'm getting protein from a variety of sources (beef, chicken, eggs, dairy, whey protein), is a BCAA supplement necessary? Especially if my protein powder has BCAAs already?
  4. D

Ninja Question

I'm not getting the fruits and veggies I need and as I get older, I feel it more and more. I want to start getting more in my diet so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Ninja system for making smoothies and such. I hate cooked veggies, the texture and taste is just gross. I...
  5. D

Prowler/Sled

Who uses one, which do you use, what accessories are must have, what exercises do you do, and what are your overall thoughts?
  6. D

similar to st100

Been swinging the st100 30 oz and I'm looking for something similar. Any recommendations s? The niw st100 seem a little pricey. Thanks.
  7. D

Utrip in Yuma

3/29, Utrip D tourney. http://www.usssa.com/sports/TournamentMoreInfo.asp?TournID=1078615 Hopefully we get a good turnout. I'm curious regarding the # of fields though... Which 6 will they be using? There are only 3 fields at Kennedy, and they are the only fields worth using for utrip.
  8. D

8/3 ASA States @ VL

Who is planning to attend this?
  9. D

The Usual Who Cares About Yuma Thread

Paul Riley late night next weekend. What's the latest news. Some new teams and people shifting around should make it a fun one!! Too bad no Phx teams want to come down and try their luck against some of the best in AZ.
  10. D

Memorial Day Big Ball - Yuma, AZ

Who's coming to play the tourney? Which team? Who's in on the HR derby?
  11. D

Price Check Nr niw xl2

I have a 34/28 NR NIW XL2 on the way that I'm selling locally. What is a fair market price for this stick? Thank you.
  12. D

Bat and Weight Suggestion

I currently swing a 30 oz ST100 and love it. I'm looking for a DeMarini ASA only that will be the most similar in terms of swing weight. I don't care much about barrel length, two-piece vs one-piece, or sweetspot location. I just want something that would be the most similiar to the ST100. I...
  13. D

Gil Rivera

The standard tournament thread. Who's in, who's out. What's up, what's down. Complaints, predictions, thoughts, and all whining pertaining to the Gil Rivera is in here.
  14. D

Big Ball - Yuma, AZ

Who is coming?
  15. D

Karl Tsurudome - Contact

Our team is registered for the Bank for Bucks on 3/9 at Poway. I'm trying to reach him to ask a few additional questions. The number on the tournamentasa site keeps going to a busy signal. Anybody know him or know how I can reach him? Thanks.
  16. D

Macro Adjustment

How often do you adjust your macro and calorie needs? For example, healthy weight loss is about 1 lb per week. So, after four weeks, you have lost 4 lbs. Is it time to re-evaluate your consumption? Seems like that is too small of an adjustment to really matter but I have been told to make...
  17. D

Macro Help

I'm putting a spreadsheet together so I can pick my menu for the next day and it will calculate the macros for me and tell me where I stand and how many I still need. (if there is a website that does this, please let me know). I need help with foods that are high in fat but very low in...
  18. D

Winter State's - 2/2 In Santee/Poway

Who is going? This is MSA/AFCSL according to the website. Looking for info on rules, format, HR's, pitching, equipment, etc. Thanks. I emailed the TD yesterday but haven't received a reponse so I will see if anyone on here can share some insight...
  19. D

Baking with Protein Powder

I baked up some rice pudding last night with some chocolate protein power added to it and it tastes great. I've heard/read rumors that baking with whey protein breaks down the proteins or something like that and renders it ineffective. Just curious what the official word is on this. I don't...
  20. D

Sleep Timing

I work out at about 8pm, then get my shake, shower, eat my cottage cheese, and hit the bed. Are there any studies that evaluate sleep timing? Does going to sleep soon after your workout provide better results? Or does it even matter? Just a random thought.